• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Washington vs Boise St. game thread

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Huskies. Damn good football team. Perhaps the best Washington team in a decade or more.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question here...Say he does produce a very good year, maybe 9 or 10 wins, but non competitive in Stanford and Oregon games. Now, he probably wont get fired for a 10 win year, but as a fan base how would you guys feel about that? You win 10 games but you have 2 losses to the top of the PAC North and they are lopsided losses. Does his seat stay hot for next year or does it cool down?

This is year 5 for Sark, but year 1 for the hurry up no huddle and to expect them to beat teams that have been running their own versions of it for years may not be reasonable. The defense looked much better against Boise's version of it, but they are playing young this year and don't have the depth that Oregon has.

Not being competitive against Stanford wouldn't be as big of a deal as Oregon because the latter is at home. We expect the team to continue to grow, but to expect them to take over the north this year isn't reasonable. Year 2 of a new defense and year 1 of a new offense. This is a process.

Losing big to both wouldn't make fans happy, but I think our base is savvy enough to look at the process. As long as this team makes strides forward Sark won't be on a hot seat. They need to win at least one of the 4 tough road games and winning any two would probably cement this as a step forward kind of year. To me that is where it will be measured. Oregon didn't get to where it is at in one year of a new system and to expect UW to match them pound for pound now isn't reasonable.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never again. I now see what all the "haters" were saying about you guys. What an unjustifiably entitled group.

Well said, TheDayMan. You know Boise fans and (and with some exceptions) they would be burning the boards and your asses if it were the other way around. Hell, they brag even when they lose. Doubt it, but maybe a blowout will humble them a bit. Nah! Serves them right after all the bragging they did after beating the fifth place PAC12 in the MAACO Bowl.

Dumping on a fan base after your team beat them to me is totally classless and I just won't do it.

Dumping on a fan base, Whiz? Its called getting even, should be expected, and its long overdue for Boise fans. The end of the myth, ie, Petersen had unlimited time to prepare and he still got blown out, etc, etc. UW has saved us from another year of bullshit. UW can't brag enough. Go back and read some of the "Who wins" thread.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall BSU fans rubbing our faces in it when they beat us in our bowl last season. I do however recall BSU haters from a board that went the way of the dinosaurs.

My personal experience with BSU fans in real life has been the same as wiz's.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall BSU fans rubbing our faces in it when they beat us in our bowl last season

You've got a short memory, Ironbreaker and you are a Boise fan.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumping on a fan base, Whiz? Its called getting even, should be expected, and its long overdue for Boise fans. The end of the myth, ie, Petersen had unlimited time to prepare and he still got blown out, etc, etc. UW has saved us from another year of bullshit. UW can't brag enough. Go back and read some of the "Who wins" thread.

All true, but didn't the outcome of the game do that already? They don't need me bragging to bring them back down to earth. That already happened.

I didn't brag on Stanford or Oregon State fans last year and I don't brag even on cougs in years we beat them in the apple cup. The ONLY team where that policy of mine would be off is when they finally beat Oregon. Their fans will deserve an entire year of a shit storm. Outside of that I leave the trash talking and trolling for before the games.

Maybe this is the result of being where Oregon fans are now and then going through the total destruction of your program. If other UW fans feel the need to beat down their fans then I won't stop them, but it won't give me any satisfaction to do so. I'd just prefer to take the high road no matter how much some of their base probably doesn't deserve it.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall BSU fans rubbing our faces in it when they beat us in our bowl last season

You've got a short memory, Ironbreaker and you are a Boise fan.

And you're dense, but thats just you.

All of UW's opponents will get their schools logo in my 3rd favorite slot throughout the year. It's my way of showing them respect.

All except Oregon, as them and their fan base don't deserve my respect.

Most of them from cbs have already found their way to my iggie list. Don't have to tolerate their trolling here, and I won't.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just prefer to take the high road no matter how much some of their base probably doesn't deserve it.

You are a true sportsman, Whiz, and there are not many of those around. On the other hand, many good fans believe to the winner go the spoils.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All except Oregon, as them and their fan base don't deserve my respect.

While I may agree with you whole heartedly, Ironbreaker, your can't have it both ways. You're as dense as you think I am. And having a different view than yours falls far short of trolling, but I'll be proud to join your iggie list.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just prefer to take the high road no matter how much some of their base probably doesn't deserve it.

You are a true sportsman, Whiz, and there are not many of those around. On the other hand, many good fans believe to the winner go the spoils.

I think there are a lot more people who don't feel the need to taunt losing fans than you think. I don't recall any BSU fans from cBS dumping on UW after the bowl game and even when it comes to Oregon fans Mamba and oly are pretty stand up guys after a win and they have others as well. I think it's just those few bad apples in every base that are so vocal and out there that it makes them look like more of a majority. I admit that those assholes can make things fun sometimes as none of them think about the fact that no matter how good your win today was, a loss is coming sooner or later and your words will always come back to haunt you.

BoSelecta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a lot more people who don't feel the need to taunt losing fans than you think.

No doubt about that. They are a very small minority in the case of most teams. But on some teams, there is enough to spoil the barrel. I see a difference between "taunt" and "getting even".

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between excuses and defining why a team failed to meet expectations.

So far all of the talk has been about the outcome. The first half of that game was a different story. 10-3 at the half and 10-6 after the first possession of the second half. Had UW tired out first people wouldn't be saying anything bad about BSU's performance. All we saw was with both teams going up tempo UW was the team with the most depth and best conditioning. Given how many kids were new starters for BSU is that really a huge surprise?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a lot more people who don't feel the need to taunt losing fans than you think.

No doubt about that. They are a very small minority in the case of most teams. But on some teams, there is enough to spoil the barrel. I see a difference between "taunt" and "getting even".

I got even with every one of their fans in the 3rd quarter last night. I will say I feel like calling out people like geneh or others not fans of BSU who claimed UW didn't have a chance in this game. To them I have no problem with giving them a :laugh3: or two. That includes a duck fan who claimed a triple digit loss by UW. How's that working for ya? BSU fans? Hope they all have a good rest of the season.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A boring playbook is responsible for our defense surrendering 38 points?

Thanks for the link, BoSelecta. Expected such from the fans, but not the newspaper. Sorry for Petersen and his staff.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not get to see this game as I am currently in Denver attending a few Phish shows over Labor Day. I will be sure to watch the bloody massacre on DVR when I return. I spoke with my parents who did attend this game and they told me the stadium, atmosphere, etc. was nothing short of amazing. They also said that we got our asses beaten on both sides of the ball and judging from the final score, that is clearly evident. I expected a Washington win, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect a result like this - a good ole fashioned woodshed BEATING.

Congrats U-Dub fans. You deserve to bash in the glory of this win. You guys have a boat load of talent and my hope is that this is the year y'all put it all together. It's time for Washington to return to national prominence. It's been too long. I sincerely hope you go on to do big things this season!

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to UW. Keith Price is a stud. As for the broncos I don't know why we pay to have a OC we only had 2 fucking plays 1. the pistol read option with NO OPTION. 2 our pass play find some one open for 5 yards... that is our offense. Can not believe Pete can't see this it was the same last year. THIS LOSS IS ON PETE