• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so good to see KO and Zayn on the same side again, they work great together.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. Looks like AJ is the guy that can hinder Jinder

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. Looks like AJ is the guy that can hinder Jinder

There's no P in well, and everyone knows this AJ reign is only so he wrestles Brock at Survivor Series. Jobber Mahal will be getting the title back before, or during, the India tour. Count on it.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a fan of Ellsworth as a guy in the corner. I think he played off the "nerd with the hot chick acting cool" pretty good. I thought he was alright, but he is no Enzo. I can see him being that guy who is satisfied lasting as long as he did in the WWE.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cant see Riottsquad getting over like Absolution. then again I don't really care for absolution either.
I get moving up all the women to both shows and all but I think having running identical lines is kinda lame.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cant see Riottsquad getting over like Absolution. then again I don't really care for absolution either.
I get moving up all the women to both shows and all but I think having running identical lines is kinda lame.
We don't know that they're completely identical yet. Absolution is avenging Paige (I know, lame) and we don't know why the Riot Squad is doing what it's doing yet. But I get your point, they're both 3-women stables attacking a shows top starts. Usually WWE waits a few months or years before running an identical angle. This has to be a record for repeating itself.

I wonder if the 2 groups will ultimately be connected as one big stable taking over both show at once, NOT that that is any better.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to add the extra t to "Riot". So fucking dumb

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolution is only over because of Paige.

I love what i've seen from Ruby Riot on the main roster so far though. Small sample size, but she's great on the mic.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a fan of Ellsworth as a guy in the corner. I think he played off the "nerd with the hot chick acting cool" pretty good. I thought he was alright, but he is no Enzo. I can see him being that guy who is satisfied lasting as long as he did in the WWE.

he sure would be a real life asshole if he was not satisfied with staying longer than a week. Just awful. I was really waiting for Vince to push Carmella to Enzo, but apparently he is concerned about Big Cass being his next beatdown big man now that his giant is clearly out the door.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Sami-KO, Bryan, Shane angle is one of the most interesting things WWE has done in awhile. I'm not sure where it's heading but I'm a little more intrigued by it every week.
The Bludgeon Brothers squash match was hysterical.
Love the Rusev/Aiden English pairing.
Just keep the title on AJ through at least Mania and SD is set for the next 6 months.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The booking for Absolution/Riot Squad has been the same thing every single week so far. What a joke...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SD is firing on all cylinders right now. The land of opportunity tagline gets beaten to death but there are a bunch of guys getting airtime that are absolutely killing it who would probably be afterthoughts on a single brand Raw centric roster.

One small complaint is that a KO/AJ feud for the title is boring to me if that's what they're headed to at the Rumble. I've seen enough of them together. I'd take AJ/Zayn or AJ/Orton for the Rumble title match.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD is firing on all cylinders right now. The land of opportunity tagline gets beaten to death but there are a bunch of guys getting airtime that are absolutely killing it who would probably be afterthoughts on a single brand Raw centric roster.

One small complaint is that a KO/AJ feud for the title is boring to me if that's what they're headed to at the Rumble. I've seen enough of them together. I'd take AJ/Zayn or AJ/Orton for the Rumble title match.

Minus the women, which is a mess on both shows, everything else on SD is stacked. Their tag team scene might be the best WWE has had in 2 decades.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Minus the women, which is a mess on both shows, everything else on SD is stacked. Their tag team scene might be the best WWE has had in 2 decades.
Agreed that the women's division has nothing interesting going on storyline wise but they have the right champ so as long as Charlotte has a good challenger after the Rumble that should be enough for the next few months.

The tag division is incredible. A bunch of future singles stars in that group too.