• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please not another Package joke

giphy.gif

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His wife is supposedly on bad terms with the WWE. I don't think Owen's getting in any time soon but he's definitely deserving.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife is supposedly on bad terms with the WWE. I don't think Owen's getting in any time soon but he's definitely deserving.

And i think that goes to the HOF snub. There is two other deserving Wrestlers but Hell would have to freeze before they gets into their rightful home

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would Jericho want to be over? I though he was going back on tour with Fozzy.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious risk with your dream of putting all of the big guys in matches with each other is that many of them are limited in the ring....30 years ago that could fly, but today you risk the crowd hijacking a boring batch, which doesn't look good for anyone.

I mean, Big E isn't a 'good' wrestler by any means so what exactly would putting him vs Strowman accomplish other than a potential snoozefest? Being in the New Day is the best thing that could happen for him considering his limited abilities.

But you are talking about Goldberg and Lesnar here. One side says why is either one of them holding a title, they dont work much, they are part timers, but then the other side says they should just be used to promote the guys that show up every week.

Keep the part timers with the part timers and away from the everyday business before they go in the wrong direction.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are talking about Goldberg and Lesnar here. One side says why is either one of them holding a title, they dont work much, they are part timers, but then the other side says they should just be used to promote the guys that show up every week.

Keep the part timers with the part timers and away from the everyday business before they go in the wrong direction.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but I'm fine with Brock-Goldberg for the title. Much of WM is about the spectacle/mainstream attention, and outside of the someone like the Rock and Austin, you're not going to get much more mainstream attention than from this match.

The thing is, many of the people who moan and complain about things like this don't seem to understand the business component of everything. Yea, it sucks for certain guys to not get a good spot at WM despite being there for the entire year, but what's driving many fans to the show/watching/merchandise are big names like Brock and Goldberg.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure where you're going with this, but I'm fine with Brock-Goldberg for the title. Much of WM is about the spectacle/mainstream attention, and outside of the someone like the Rock and Austin, you're not going to get much more mainstream attention than from this match.

The thing is, many of the people who moan and complain about things like this don't seem to understand the business component of everything. Yea, it sucks for certain guys to not get a good spot at WM despite being there for the entire year, but what's driving many fans to the show/watching/merchandise are big names like Brock and Goldberg.

WM can be about mainstream attention and the spectacle while still centered around making the full time talent stars.

The 316 promo and the Bret Hart match were huge but giving Mike Tyson millions of dollars to work WM season is what turned Austin into a mega star. That was the catalyst for biggest boom in American wrestling history. Bringing Ultimate Warrior back in 98 for a 6 month nostalgia run wouldn't have done it. They should always be building up young, fulltime talent and treating them as stars. Goldberg is a juggernaut and their young, charasmatic champ Owens was a treated like a glorified mid carder.

There's a theory that the WWE wants the McMahons and the company's brand to be the biggest star. You have protect one young talent a decade (Cena, Reigns) and everyone else is interchangeable. The only thing that ever threatened the company's dominance was when their biggest stars defected the company and their competition turned it into an angle. I'm not saying that theory's true but there's definitely a glass ceiling for young talent that shouldn't be there.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I am saying is these names should just be good for the big events and not every monday. Let Ronda Rousey armbar stephanie this year. Its just the same as a celebrity match. The title, big deal, the newly developed Raw universal title that started out as aluminum foil on shane and brian is meaningless anyway. They degraded the world title to just be the smackdown deal.

I refuse to call these ppv's, but they are missing the boat on allowing the real world title to have a chance to change "brands" once or twice a year at WM and SS. That is the match that should be a big event, but they waste the title on new guys like styles just because he was basically the skinny wimp that brian danielson was, but survived career ending injury, to kevin owens and bray wyatt and made cenas 16th seriously stupid. I am really fine with any made up title, US title should be top on one brand, national or TV title on the other brand, but the world belt needs to get prestige again. Lesnar brought that back wrestling 6 times a year. Its all gone already. Maybe this is the start of Lesnar pinning goldberg and demanding the world belt on smackdown. I really thought it worked last time when the world titles covered both brands.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balor just returned at a house show in Buffalo

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is these names should just be good for the big events and not every monday. Let Ronda Rousey armbar stephanie this year. Its just the same as a celebrity match. The title, big deal, the newly developed Raw universal title that started out as aluminum foil on shane and brian is meaningless anyway. They degraded the world title to just be the smackdown deal.

I refuse to call these ppv's, but they are missing the boat on allowing the real world title to have a chance to change "brands" once or twice a year at WM and SS. That is the match that should be a big event, but they waste the title on new guys like styles just because he was basically the skinny wimp that brian danielson was, but survived career ending injury, to kevin owens and bray wyatt and made cenas 16th seriously stupid. I am really fine with any made up title, US title should be top on one brand, national or TV title on the other brand, but the world belt needs to get prestige again. Lesnar brought that back wrestling 6 times a year. Its all gone already. Maybe this is the start of Lesnar pinning goldberg and demanding the world belt on smackdown. I really thought it worked last time when the world titles covered both brands.

Essentially where I'm at. If they want to "draw" and make the title mean something then have Lesnar carry the world title around and only have him fight full time talent when they've earned it. Brock vs Goldberg is for essentially a television title is beyond retarded IMO. After WM, either a dude who they don't trust to wrestle more than 5 minutes is going to have it or a guy who only appears on big payday events will have it. Unless this eventually leases to a unification then the universal title is DOA.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially where I'm at. If they want to "draw" and make the title mean something then have Lesnar carry the world title around and only have him fight full time talent when they've earned it. Brock vs Goldberg is for essentially a television title is beyond retarded IMO. After WM, either a dude who they don't trust to wrestle more than 5 minutes is going to have it or a guy who only appears on big payday events will have it. Unless this eventually leases to a unification then the universal title is DOA.

They could easily have whoever wins the match drop the title either the next night on Raw or next PPV to a full-time guy (ie - Rollins, Strowman, Samoa Joe, Balor)....it's not like they're committed to the winner for a 6 month reign.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, but you can argue that what Lesnar did with the world title last time made it more prestigious. More like a MMA or WBC title that is defended months apart. Let the rest fight for number one contender, call that the smack down or raw title, if they win the world title, a new tournament is started for that little belt again.

Other news, it looks official. Trips H is so Vain, he is surrounding himself with fat guys this time around, first Samoa Joe, next Kevin Owens.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but you can argue that what Lesnar did with the world title last time made it more prestigious. More like a MMA or WBC title that is defended months apart. Let the rest fight for number one contender, call that the smack down or raw title, if they win the world title, a new tournament is started for that little belt again.

Other news, it looks official. Trips H is so Vain, he is surrounding himself with fat guys this time around, first Samoa Joe, next Kevin Owens.
Call Joe a 'fat guy' again and Joe's Gonna Kill You!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes sense for Brock to hold the world title and let other fight for number 1 contender but they made the WWE and Universal titles meaningless and essentially television titles. Brock it makes sense, a guy who can't wrestle for more than a minute not so much. It makes sense to have Goldberg and Lesnar have big match at WM but not at the expense of full time guys. Basically after WM Raw is left with the US title and the little kids title for singles.