• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yesterday, I got to the Alive thread right after you left :bawling:.

I'm so happy you are back from your sabbatical.

Have you been doing squats?

Your glutes look sensational!

:censored:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the avi.......That girl is amazing........And she made the cover of SI...

Not only as a girl Little Leaguer, but the first INDIVIDUAL Little Leaguer of either gender.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway... just a drive by... GO LYNX! Later Mecca and Mick.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... the Sparks ain't the LYNX!!!

:yahoo:

:lalala:

I got an email from Stubhub this morning about tickets.

I want to go.

But, the game starts at 6pm and the girls and I have school the next day.

So, I'm still debating.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you about the Wolves.

But, I'm of the belief that Wiggins will be elite.

You know I heart LaVine.

So, this was a good trade for Minny...imo.

I fear the Mercury.

They have laid 5 straight ass whoopins on the Sparks this year :bawling:.

Considering the circumstances I think that the Twolves did very well in the trade. Conversely- if Love was signed long term they never do this deal- but since he was going to leave anyway I think they got a very good package- especially when you compare it to the packages other teams received for stars going into the last year of their deals such as Howard, Carmelo, Harden, Garnett, CP3, etc.....

On the other hand the Cavs get a guy who is pretty much a consensus top 10 player just entering the very prime of his career that has given a wink-wink confirmation that he should be in it for the long haul. It certainly helps that Love's game is just a picture perfect compliment to LeBron's.

The Cavs should be elite in every facet of offense (outside shooting, driving, kicking out, post play, passing ability, fastbreak), should be probably the best rebounding team in the league (if not def. top 3)- and have at least two guys in LeBron and Kyrie who can take that last shot and nail it.

I think it was a good trade for bothsides- a mark of a good deal is when neither side is especially happy and i think that happened here

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the circumstances I think that the Twolves did very well in the trade. Conversely- if Love was signed long term they never do this deal- but since he was going to leave anyway I think they got a very good package- especially when you compare it to the packages other teams received for stars going into the last year of their deals such as Howard, Carmelo, Harden, Garnett, CP3, etc.....

On the other hand the Cavs get a guy who is pretty much a consensus top 10 player just entering the very prime of his career that has given a wink-wink confirmation that he should be in it for the long haul. It certainly helps that Love's game is just a picture perfect compliment to LeBron's.

The Cavs should be elite in every facet of offense (outside shooting, driving, kicking out, post play, passing ability, fastbreak), should be probably the best rebounding team in the league (if not def. top 3)- and have at least two guys in LeBron and Kyrie who can take that last shot and nail it.

I think it was a good trade for bothsides- a mark of a good deal is when neither side is especially happy and i think that happened here

This wasn't a good deal. How is Cleveland not happy with getting Love?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnup's gonna be piiiiiiiiissed.

That's old news here. They said he was #8 a while ago.

As much as I wanted Beasley here, there is a reason he isn't here or anywhere else for that matter.

Trivia Question:

Anyone know why Miller switched to 18?

And, yes, I know the correct answer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't a good deal. How is Cleveland not happy with getting Love?

Only way they won't be happy is if he isn't happy and leaves.

I think there's very little chance that happens, and obviously so do they.

Cavs starting lineup is solid, although I still question there defense and bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot imagine being a Minnesota fan though

7 years after dealing Kevin Garnett - a disgruntled superstar that needed to leave to win anything---- they are in the EXACT same position with Kevin Love- a disgruntled superstar that needs to leave to win anything.

It just goes to show you why the Twolves have the longest streak in the NBA without making the playoffs in a league where over HALF the teams make the playoffs.....and there is no reason to think they will make it this year----

all though- like getting Big Al Jefferson last time- they could be getting avery good future all-star in Wiggins.....

lets hope for the fans of the Twolves sake that we are not sitting here 6 years from now talking about the package the Twolves got back for Wiggins since he was frustrated and had to go somewhere else to win.......

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't remember which Heat fan kept insisting that Beas gets a bum wrap.

But, clearly he hasn't turned the corner....yet :noidea:

So how did it get to this point, with Beasley little more than an offseason afterthought, even with the departures of James, Shane Battier, James Jones and the attempted departure of Rashard Lewis? A party familiar with the situation insists there was no "flashpoint" last season, no incident yet to surface, no off-court or locker-room episode that doomed the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Instead, there was a mention of maturity, how there was an upgrade in that aspect over Beasley's first two seasons with the team, but perhaps not enough to earn renewed trust for a season when every game has to matter. As this week's Sports Illustrated puts it, "Beasley remains an All-Star talent with D-League reliability." Elsewhere, interest has been tepid, to a degree similar to last summer, when Beasley was not added by the Heat until Sept. 11. There was a workout with the Los Angeles Lakers that ended without a contract offer. There yet could be interest from the Indiana Pacers, now that Shawn Marion has instead signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers, leaving the Pacers to reconsider 2014-15 life without Paul George (and whether Chris Copeland would be a preferable Plan B to Beasley). What Beasley made clear before the end of the season was that his hope going forward was to only be judged on his talent, on basketball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot imagine being a Minnesota fan though

7 years after dealing Kevin Garnett - a disgruntled superstar that needed to leave to win anything---- they are in the EXACT same position with Kevin Love- a disgruntled superstar that needs to leave to win anything.

It just goes to show you why the Twolves have the longest streak in the NBA without making the playoffs in a league where over HALF the teams make the playoffs.....and there is no reason to think they will make it this year----

all though- like getting Big Al Jefferson last time- they could be getting avery good future all-star in Wiggins.....

lets hope for the fans of the Twolves sake that we are not sitting here 6 years from now talking about the package the Twolves got back for Wiggins since he was frustrated and had to go somewhere else to win.......

Yeah, they gave up on Al too soon.

Dude, the Wolves are sorta like the Clippers. Every top talent they have, eventually leaves.

For us, it's usually due to career ending injuries.

For them, it's by trade or free agency.

It started way back when Marbury forced his way out.

They were really good with Garnett, Spree, ugly Sam and Googliotta.

Then Googs got hurt, Spree got greedy...they have been going downhill every since.