• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pitt does look really good right now, and they aren't old-ACC soft. They'll be a strong test for us this year. Duke and Miami are a flip of the quarter as to their abilities to compete for the division. They'll come to play though. I think UNC will find their stride and really push us on the road. I agree Georgia Tech isn't looking good, and I don't know that they have the ability to drastically improve this year. Despite their impressive defensive start, we know UVA will struggle.

Coastal is wide open. We just need to keep getting better, and stay aggressive.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewer is on SVP and Russillo on ESPN radio

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewer is on SVP and Russillo on ESPN radio

I was really looking forward to it but he got bumped due to the Rice/Penn St stories. SVP said on Twitter Brewer will be on the Tuesday show. He didn't say what time. For those that don't listen (and you should, best show out there), the show is on ESPN Radio from 1pm to 4pm.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a thread titled "It's Maryland Week" in the latest post section and I had to wonder who in their right mind would be excited about playing Maryland.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/west-virginia-mountaineers/162551-its-maryland-week.html

Can't believe those twats are "stoked" about this game.

Well, they did get hammered by Maryland 37-0 last year. I am sure WVU has had the game circled on the calendar. For once, I'll be rooting for the 'eers....I enjoy seeing Maryland and the BigTen fall on their faces! I believe Maryland losing can only be good for VT recruiting as well.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really looking forward to it but he got bumped due to the Rice/Penn St stories. SVP said on Twitter Brewer will be on the Tuesday show. He didn't say what time. For those that don't listen (and you should, best show out there), the show is on ESPN Radio from 1pm to 4pm.

yeah i found out about it just before he was slated and pulled up the website but couldnt find him. didnt realize he got bumped

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fellow new parents, i hope you guys have good insurance...my boy's hospital bill just came in from our 4 day stay earlier this month...insurance covered most of it, i am only on the hook for $3,000 of the $19,000 bill. Maybe i'll have it paid off by the time he starts kindergarten!

faint_o_gifsoup-com.gif

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game in Columbus, our group went out to hit the bars near campus, where we ran into Bruce Taylor. I talked to him for a bit, explained that I was from Cincinnati and a big Bengals fan and was sad to see him cut. Turns out, he is coaching football at my alma mater in Cincy.

He's a super cool dude and his gf was really nice. She's a volleyball coach at Univ. of Cincinnati. I was a bit surprised to hear he hadn't signed on with another team after being the last defensive player cut by the Bengals, who have a very good defense.

No doubt he facilitated this, though
WHO DEY! Bengals' Greats Show Up To Root On Turpin Spartans

Bengals.JPG

Who are the latest fans to jump on the Turpin football bandwagon? None other than Bengals' stars Vontaze Burfict, Ray Maualuga and Vinny Rey. The three Bengals linebackers showed up at Spartan Stadium Friday evening to root on their favorite high school team, none other than the Turpin Spartans!

The Spartans played well in front of the Bengals' greats, defeating Western Hills 38-6.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they did get hammered by Maryland 37-0 last year. I am sure WVU has had the game circled on the calendar. For once, I'll be rooting for the 'eers....I enjoy seeing Maryland and the BigTen fall on their faces! I believe Maryland losing can only be good for VT recruiting as well.

:nono:

Never, Never root for the 'Eers. Even when up against the 'Terds...

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

Never, Never root for the 'Eers. Even when up against the 'Terds...

Rooting for a sloppy game where both teams look bad is always a good option in situations like this.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game in Columbus, our group went out to hit the bars near campus, where we ran into Bruce Taylor. I talked to him for a bit, explained that I was from Cincinnati and a big Bengals fan and was sad to see him cut. Turns out, he is coaching football at my alma mater in Cincy.

He's a super cool dude and his gf was really nice. She's a volleyball coach at Univ. of Cincinnati. I was a bit surprised to hear he hadn't signed on with another team after being the last defensive player cut by the Bengals, who have a very good defense.

No doubt he facilitated this, though
WHO DEY! Bengals' Greats Show Up To Root On Turpin Spartans

Bengals.JPG

Good stuff. Great hokie there.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just checking in on you fellas! Spent the evening catching up on a couple months worth of threads since the last time i posted.

-glad to see most of the old timers are still on here.
-Congrats to the new fathers
-Awesome to see the SportsHoopla honor hokiehigh, he was a cool dude.
-What a win at the shoe!!!!
-Brewer is a beast
-The young RB's are beast like aswell

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh damn

:suds:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Welcome back Hunz! :suds:

I've been coming and going for about the past 6 months or so, every once in a while I'll take a few hours and read up on what I've missed. Haha. Like I said good to see that the majority of you guys are still around.