• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to make everyone hungry.

Virginia Tech Best Campus Dining - Business Insider

I look back on it now and I really didn't appreciate how awesome our dining services are. I took it for granted way too much. Lol, I'd scoff at D2 not being as good as the other places but D2 is better than what most every school has. Though D2 deserved scoffing sometimes. The Dash isn't fun...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drdkd.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show today and VT came up. Chris Fowler was the guest and DP asked him when he knew Gameday was gonna take off and be something special. Fowler replied (paraphrasing) "Virginia Tech in 1999. Beamer challenged the fans to show up and we had our largest crowd ever. Kansas St tried to top it the next week and ever since it's just been building". Basically, he credited VT for starting Gameday's atmosphere. I'm too lazy to find the audio though but I'm sure its up on the DP Show's website.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Lane appeared to shit his pants. The photo evidence above, however, could be deemed circumstantial. So we went the extra mile. We dug.

I feel bad for the dude but still laughed my ass off. That little snippet was pure gold. Thanks for sharing Nortaz.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect time for Riley to bolt....Shane Carden and Justin Hardy are both gone. It may take ECU years to recover from these personnel losses.

Why is it that most of the Big12 consists of air-raid offenses?

If you can't beat'em, join'em.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've got every hokie in Madden on my ultimate team except Bruce Smith. I run a 4-3. I moved Jason Worilds from his 3-4 OLB spot back to his college 4-3 DE spot.
sjuVzdw.png

VUj1uYK.png

9GJHfCF.png

I do want to try and get the legend version of Michael Vick though.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this Cost Of Attendance garbage going to ruin VT football? If VT is in the middle half of all schools in terms of payout....then that is where recruiting will end up translating.

Updated: Cost of Attendance: Just the Facts | TechSideline.com

Boston College raises concerns about cost of attendance - ESPN

I've never been a supporter of "full cost of attendance", but I don't expect it to hurt VT too much in recruiting. I don't think VT's CoA number is going to be significantly lower than that of schools it is typically competing against, and it will be higher than some. And maybe we lose another kid or two to west coast schools. Then again, things are more expensive in SoCal, for example, so the money won't go as far. And the increased allotment a kid gets isn't going to be enough to cover his family flying back and forth for games. So I don't think we'll see a huge shift that way. But who knows? Guess we'll have to wait and see. If anyone finds a listing of CoA numbers per school, I'd like to see that.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is this Cost Of Attendance garbage going to ruin VT football? If VT is in the middle half of all schools in terms of payout....then that is where recruiting will end up translating.

Updated: Cost of Attendance: Just the Facts | TechSideline.com

Boston College raises concerns about cost of attendance - ESPN

If they're smart enough to be college students, they should be smart enough to know that adjustments for cost of living mean that if they get more, it's because it costs more to live in that location. I know it won't come across that way, but it should have been a fixed amount then.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're smart enough to be college students, they should be smart enough to know that adjustments for cost of living mean that if they get more, it's because it costs more to live in that location. I know it won't come across that way, but it should have been a fixed amount then.

Jordans and flat screens still run the same though.

edit: not meant to be as racist as this originally may come across

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's why I would have preferred that all schools provide the exact same amount. If schools can game the amounts, I'm sure they will.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokie Baseball has beaten #1 UVA in back to back games. :yahoo:

Going for the sweep tomorrow.