• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a classic

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
VT headed to the ACC Wrestling championships this weekend. Broadcast on ESPN3.

Hokies head to College Park for ACC Championships

The Hokies had the usual good regular season. Now comes the tournament style scoring, which has proven to be to the Hokies' disadvantage. I think it's a two horse race with UVa having a slight advantage. They tend to score more points against other pairings than head-to-head. Maryland could squeak again in if the Hokies beatup UVa but don't score alot of points in other pairings.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to take a moment to officially LOL at UVA. Snaer got 'em.

was it two years ago, or last year that basically this exact scenario happened with us?
-On the bubble, beat #1 Duke, everyone says we're in, then we shit the bed for the rest of the season and head to the NIT

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was it two years ago, or last year that basically this exact scenario happened with us?
-On the bubble, beat #1 Duke, everyone says we're in, then we shit the bed for the rest of the season and head to the NIT

The only difference was VT didn't have all the bad out of conference losses that year. And VT lost to better teams in those final two games. BC ended up with 19 wins (NIT appearance) and Clemson 22 wins (NCAA appearance).
UVA would be out for sure if all the other bubble teams didn't keep losing as well. I think VT also got snubbed that year after several upsets in the conference tournaments.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I was just thinking the same thing. Not a fun time to be a Hoo fan.

UVa is crazy. They're very good at home, but terrible on the road. Big highs and lows. SOS is surprisingly bad from the number I recently saw. I'll be amazed if they get in without an impressive ACCT. Who knows though? The selection committee is just as inconsistent.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa doesn't deserve an NCAA bid. If they can't win on the road during the regular season, they sure as hell aren't going to win in the NCAA Tourney.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny part is UVA won at Wisconsin. Wisky has lost only 2 or 3 times at home in OOC games over the past 10 years or something.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was, what, 09? That's the only year I felt we truly got screwed. And it wasn't just because of our record. It was because they let in WF, who we finished ahead of in the ACC and they didn't even have a better OOC resume. That was total bullshit. All the other years we had our bubble burst, fine. We deserved it because we'd always lose some easy game. But that year was a total hose job

As for UVA, I don't really care. Its impossible to tell. Everyone sucks beyond the top 25 so it makes no difference. There's hardly any difference between the final 10 that make it and the first 10 left out. I wouldn't be pissed if I were UVA fan unless they get screwed in a scenario like we did as I mentioned above.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to Alexander Ziegler, 2013 National Champ in the hammer throw

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was, what, 09? That's the only year I felt we truly got screwed. And it wasn't just because of our record. It was because they let in WF, who we finished ahead of in the ACC and they didn't even have a better OOC resume. That was total bullshit. All the other years we had our bubble burst, fine. We deserved it because we'd always lose some easy game. But that year was a total hose job

As for UVA, I don't really care. Its impossible to tell. Everyone sucks beyond the top 25 so it makes no difference. There's hardly any difference between the final 10 that make it and the first 10 left out. I wouldn't be pissed if I were UVA fan unless they get screwed in a scenario like we did as I mentioned above.

wow, was it really that long ago? time is speeding up

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDVT5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys know how/who to contact to become a high school football ref?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really hate the Harlem Shake so I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I'm disappointed we did this (and about a month late too). On the other, its hilarious to see Exum just standing in the middle stonefaced.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to chat with coach Moorehead at the Lakers-Hawks game. Was pretty cool. He wasn't there recruiting though. Visiting his sister and friends.