• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wasnt on yesterday, Hope everything is alright 46. thoughts and prayers buddy.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best to you and your family 46.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys for the kind words thoughts and prayers. This has been a very trying weekend.

On Thursday night late, my Dad called me very concerned. He is a physician so when he is concerned, I am very concerned. My mother was very jaundice, and it was completely out of the blue. SHe had been kind of tired but fine. Hell, I had seen her a week previous for my father's birthday party.

Well she went into the hospital on Friday morning for a battery of tests and she had a mass on her pancreas that was blocking her bile duct. In most cases (>95%) a mass on the head of the pancreas is pancreatic cancer. I am sure most of you know this but pancreatic cancer is a really really bad cancer to get (not that any is good, but this one is especially deadly and fast). Needless to say we were all shocked and a wreck. In fact, she was probably the most stable of us but that's just the way she is.

She had a stent put in to open the bile duct early Satuday morning and the doctor said the tumor was very small and we caught it pretty damn early compared to most people. One of the things that makes pancreatic cancer so deadly is that it does not show symptoms until it is too late. Thank God for the blockage of the duct which caused the jaundice and get us looking.

Well, she is going to Georgetown Medical Center ASAP this week for another endoscopy and a biopsy of the tumor. We will know much more about her prognosis and whether or not it is operable then.
Hopefully it is operable and hopefully it is the slow growing type. If so, she will have a Whipple operation which is very long and invasive (doctor told us, next to a liver transplant the most extensive surgery that is done) so it will be a tough row to hoe, but she is a tough lady. This is what we are praying for.

My Mom is the quiet kind type that made sure you had cards in the mailbox for every holiday. She was also the biggest football fan you would ever meet. She used to take me to all of my practices and games since my Dad was on call alot. She also would text me all game long during Hokie and Redskin games. She and I used to go to Carlisle to see the Redskins training camp when I was just a kid. She, my father, my sister and I are very close and she means the world to both of us so I am very saddened and concerned for both of hem right now. I am a positive guy though, so i am praying and hoping for the best. She has had a few other bad medical issues earlier in her life and beat them though, so if anyone can, she can. I needed to talk it out and figured this was a good place for that because I don't have to put on a tough face or sugar coat anything.

Once again, I appreciate the thoughts and prayers and I am going to stay positive and just do whatever I can for them. I appreciate the sounding board as well.

Much love to all of y'all.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope everything goes well. You know everyone here supports you.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll keep praying, 46. Hang in there.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn 46, my thoughts are with you and your family, hoping for the best

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your family is in our thoughts. Best of luck during these procedures.

:pray:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dodgeball.gif

Taking dodgeball to a whole new level

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to whoever cleaned up all the stickies. Now I don't have to scroll to see new topics!

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
46 - prayers given. Talk to your dad about MD Anderson Clinic in Houston. It's that good, and I have some friends and family members who've done Massey @ VCU, Duke, UVA ... and MD Anderson is a whole another deal. Best in the country, by far in my opinion. Good luck, man. Lost both parents to C, so I'd like to hear about another that beats it back.