• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you beat us in the 01 Gator Bowl...I dealt with you asses beating us twice in 2 years:mad:

Technically it was twice in three years. We had the 2000 Gator Bowl win over Clemson as a buffer in the year when Notre Dame stole our BCS bid:mad:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I meant. Sorry< i went to the 00 Gator as well where we killed an overmatched Clemson team even though we should have been in the Fiesta.

I was there too. Probably the first time in history a human has been sunnburned in 40 degree weather:L

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting Violations---

Cowherd was just on Disney Radio and said a story would be breaking soon about a MAJOR NCAA football school getting busted for MAJOR recruiting violations..anyone want to make any predictions?? HE said it would be a top 15 program and is NOT Auburn...
I'm not sure who to go with, it has to be UNC or an SEC school...Let's go with Tennessee what the hell. Fulmer and Kiffin..dirty, dirty

Any predictions??

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd was just on Disney Radio and said a story would be breaking soon about a MAJOR NCAA football school getting busted for MAJOR recruiting violations..anyone want to make any predictions?? HE said it would be a top 15 program and is NOT Auburn...
I'm not sure who to go with, it has to be UNC or an SEC school...Let's go with Tennessee what the hell. Fulmer and Kiffin..dirty, dirty

Any predictions??

I am about to become this websites LSUoverUSC if the UNC story ever breaks. i have been screaming from the top of my little mountain about it since lat May.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about to become this websites LSUoverUSC if the UNC story ever breaks. i have been screaming from the top of my little mountain about it since lat May.

That would be sweet if it was UNC and it definetely wouldn't surprise me. Butch is not known for being a great X and O's kindof coach from what I've heard, and it has amazed me with the guys and the classes he has brought in there in the last few years. UNC is a great school, great facilities and all that but he must be a major ass-kisser/bull-shitter.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That would be sweet if it was UNC and it definetely wouldn't surprise me. Butch is not known for being a great X and O's kindof coach from what I've heard, and it has amazed me with the guys and the classes he has brought in there in the last few years. UNC is a great school, great facilities and all that but he must be a major ass-kisser/bull-shitter.

Emphasis on the latter.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

we all know BUTCH IS DIRTIER THAN MUD but would you call unc a top 15 program?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know BUTCH IS DIRTIER THAN MUD but would you call unc a top 15 program?

That's kindof why I went with Tennessee hunz. I'm really thinking at any rate its got to be a dirty SEC program. Even though they haven't done much in the last 5 years I would still consider UT a top 15 program. I figure maybe Kiffin bent 'em over and rammed 'em one more time on the way out :eek:. I don't think Saban or Meyer would have done anything at 'Bama or UF. Nutt definetely would but I don't consider Miss. top 15 either. Maybe LSU...USC..Michigan? We shall see soon. Herd said the story would be breaking in VERY soon.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kindof why I went with Tennessee hunz. I'm really thinking at any rate its got to be a dirty SEC program. Even though they haven't done much in the last 5 years I would still consider UT a top 15 program. I figure maybe Kiffin bent 'em over and rammed 'em one more time on the way out :eek:. I don't think Saban or Meyer would have done anything at 'Bama or UF. Nutt definetely would but I don't consider Miss. top 15 either. Maybe LSU...USC..Michigan? We shall see soon. Herd said the story would be breaking in VERY soon.

I out what little info I found out over on the main page. Check it out. My sources told me UT as a possibility as well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Theres a bunch of stuff out there about tennessee already so it wouldnt surprise me. The speculations across a couple other sites are Tenn, Fla, Bama, USC, and the one that kinda got me thinking Oregon. <------only thing is oregon isnt really a heavy hitter in recruiting so you wouldnt think they cheat to get 3*'s. Im hoping for UNC but feel like it will be SEC or usc.

Maybe rich rod self reported a bunch of stuff to break one off in michigan.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FWIW: i didnt hear it myself but some people are saying that cowherd said "A top 15 program will be firing their HC for committing major recruiting violations" if that is what he said, i want to change my vote to either UNC or USC.

1)USC i think they just hired LK as a hold over during probation, prob encouraged him to cheat so they could land top talent while on probation: knowing they would fire him in the end.
2)There were a lot of rumors back during the season that butch would be let go after the season and NSD.

like i said just guesses but those are mine.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There is a ton of stuff about this on just about every message board known to man, just like any rumor there are conflicting stories about the whole thing and even what cowherd actually said. The couple of consistents from what i can tell though are Oregon, tenn, and tx. <--------- again just a bunch of other peoples speculation.

FWIW: The ncaa just has been investigating tenn basketball and football recently but i thought their investigation was over and a hearing set, so if its tennessee maybe they have found something new??

ive been real busy lately with work so im kinda outta the loop and dont know what info is new and what s old but tennessee is for sure being looked @.

BTW from what people are saying the cam scam tapes are supposed to be released this week maybe that has something to do with this.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW: i didnt hear it myself but some people are saying that cowherd said "A top 15 program will be firing their HC for committing major recruiting violations" if that is what he said, i want to change my vote to either UNC or USC.

1)USC i think they just hired LK as a hold over during probation, prob encouraged him to cheat so they could land top talent while on probation: knowing they would fire him in the end.
2)There were a lot of rumors back during the season that butch would be let go after the season and NSD.

like i said just guesses but those are mine.

Wow, Alot of action on the general discussion board last night concerning this topic! Sorry to assist in keeping you awake half of the night 46. I could definetely see it being one of these schools. I would be happy with either one. LK is a schiesty (did I spell that right?) bastard who is as cocky and shady as they come. But has he even been at USC long enough to commit infractions? And with USC already "under the microscope" with the Reggie Bush thing I would think they would be watching his ass closely. My gut tells me it isn't USC. UNC while not a "top 15" program definetely has to be at the top of the list. I still think it is an SEC school, possibily tied to the Cam Newton thing. Herd comes on in a couple hours so I'll be listening. He mentioned it at the close of his show yesterday, maybe he will expand on this today...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S GO HOKIES. BEAT CLEMSON!!!!
This worked against Duke and I forgot to do it against BC. So, this will replace my avatar change for good luck. LOL

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the beautiful scenery thread, but it needs to be in here as well. This was one of the best nights of all time to be a Hokie!

81875753.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is missing here.....

The end zone expansions? That pic was taken during the 1999 game against BC when we wrapped up our bid to play in the BCS title game.