• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout good ole Fraud Mode? LOL. Shoulda stayed retired. I got a good friend who is a Raider fan. I suggested the Raiders trade Lynch back to the Seahawks for Eddie Lacy. Lynch would never report, which is fine. But the Raiders would get a back an RB as good as Lynch (at this stage in their respective careers) without all of Lynch's drama bullshit.

Fraud Mode, lol. None of my real life friends knew where I got "The Plague" nickname from for Tarvaris Jackson when I stole it from you off these boards.

I honestly expected he might still have something left in the tank, especially behind that Raiders offensive line. It's a shame that he never had the opportunity to run behind those guys back when he was in his prime.

My perception of that situation was that Lynch was trying to look out for his good friend Peters before the Raiders offensive line ended his life. Idk if he has the cumulative stats to get in, but I think he should be in the HoF. If he hadn't got all cranky after the Superbowl, stayed with the Seahawks and never retired in the first place he'd be between 10,000 - 11,000 career rushing yards by now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. AGon's ailing shoulder is beyond repair and it has robbed him of the power he once had as a San Diego Padre. Dude is 2 years younger than Nellie Cruz but his body has much more wear and tear.

Cruz has had such a weird career. From 24-32 he was fragile as hell and only played 1 season of 150 or more games. From 33-36 he hasn't played less than 152 games and averaged 40 home runs a year. I don't believe there is a player in MLB who has more home runs between 2014-2017 than him.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz has had such a weird career. From 24-32 he was fragile as hell and only played 1 season of 150 or more games. From 33-36 he hasn't played less than 152 games and averaged 40 home runs a year. I don't believe there is a player in MLB who has more home runs between 2014-2017 than him.
Credit those juiced Caribbean protein shakes that contain the good stuff that hasn't made it to the banned list yet. They are like flu shots. You have to change the formula every year - to keep ahead of the testers.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit those juiced Caribbean protein shakes that contain the good stuff that hasn't made it to the banned list yet. They are like flu shots. You have to change the formula every year - to keep ahead of the testers.

I have to expect as much. He's been busted before. That or perhaps he just had really bad conditioning and made serious adjustments to his routine.

I'll just naively accept the narrative that doesn't make him look like a cheater.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to expect as much. He's been busted before. That or perhaps he just had really bad conditioning and made serious adjustments to his routine.

I'll just naively accept the narrative that doesn't make him look like a cheater.
I don't mind if he juices and I don't think about it as cheating. The way I see it, the pre-steroid era baseball players would have employed steroids if they had been available. I mean, they had no problem using cocaine, speed, alcohol, opiates so why would they have stopped at steroids? There is even a story out there about Babe Ruth once trying to inject sheep testosterone. And Willie Mays' infamous 'little green bottle of go-go juice'.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My perception of that situation was that Lynch was trying to look out for his good friend Peters before the Raiders offensive line ended his life

They are cousins and are close as brothers. Still an idiot move by an idiot. Hurt his team...or maybe helped them the way he is playing?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. AGon's ailing shoulder is beyond repair and it has robbed him of the power he once had as a San Diego Padre. Dude is 2 years younger than Nellie Cruz but his body has much more wear and tear.

Exactly.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are cousins and are close as brothers. Still an idiot move by an idiot. Hurt his team...or maybe helped them the way he is playing?

Sometimes emotions get the best of you.

Marshawn has demonstrated time and time again that he really doesn't give a shit.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes emotions get the best of you.

Marshawn has demonstrated time and time again that he really doesn't give a shit.

Emotions are one thing stupidity is another. Peters had 53 guys to protect him if they wanted to. He is just as big of an idiot as his cousin. He got kicked off the Huskies for being an idiot.

Lynch is a class clown and yes he doesn't give a shit.He is the guy you laugh with at first and then laugh at in the end. Not. A. Fan.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emotions are one thing stupidity is another. Peters had 53 guys to protect him if they wanted to. He is just as big of an idiot as his cousin. He got kicked off the Huskies for being an idiot.

Lynch is a class clown and yes he doesn't give a shit.He is the guy you laugh with at first and then laugh at in the end. Not. A. Fan.

Yeah, I remember him getting kicked off the team at UW because of his emotional instability.

Marshawn Lynch is completely illiterate and one of the least coherent human beings I've ever attempted to understand. Loved his play on the field though. That's why I try not to think about who these guys are as people.

He was a crucial player in the best team we've ever had and gave us something to celebrate when we were the laughing stock of the NFL being in the playoffs at 7-9.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman and Michael Bennett are another two people on the Hawks who I love as players, but can't stand when they open their mouths.

Everyone likes to defend Sherman's trash talk as if it's some key component of his game, which is bullshit. He's just an asshole who likes rubbing his superior ability in the faces of his opponents. I'm happy he isn't as mouthy as he used to be. Just comes off as immature. Act like you've been there before.

Bennett on the other hand is honestly just retarded and makes shit up for attention. I'd be happy if I never heard another statement to come out of his mouth.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They said they aren't actual blood cousins I thought

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman and Michael Bennett are another two people on the Hawks who I love as players, but can't stand when they open their mouths.

Everyone likes to defend Sherman's trash talk as if it's some key component of his game, which is bullshit. He's just an asshole who likes rubbing his superior ability in the faces of his opponents. I'm happy he isn't as mouthy as he used to be. Just comes off as immature. Act like you've been there before.

Bennett on the other hand is honestly just retarded and makes shit up for attention. I'd be happy if I never heard another statement to come out of his mouth.

I like Sherman, he had a rough year last year verbally and emotionally. All the other teams he's essentially guys like Dez Bryant and Cam Newton. You love them on your team but hate them when they are on another team.

Agreed on Bennett. He and his brother are just way too weak minded and got caught up in Kap's gf's bs that led to him not having a job.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few years back, the astros were a baseball joke.

they signed their new media deal right around the same time we did, but they had a competent front office who understood how to rebuild.

i'm starting to think we will never have that. ever.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said they aren't actual blood cousins I thought

Sherman also tweeted they were cousins. So checking both sources, they probably barely know each other. :)

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping the Mariners make an aggressive run at Shohei Otani. He's young and has high upside. He'd be worth the money.

Out of everyone on the free agent market, if I could have one player it would probably be him. I'd happily take Arrieta or Darvish, but given Otani's youth and upside he is the most appealing to me. For a team that is absolutely starved of high-tier young players, Otani is exactly what we need.

Jamo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who wants to trade Felix? Been saying it for almost 2 years and it looks even more like we should. Although I don't see us getting much for him at this point

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Taylor just hit a home run in the first inning of the world series. He and Brandon Morrow have been quite successful with the Dodgers.