• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are underplaying Rogers injury. If he has a torn calf muscle he will not be nearly as effective. That would be a hug advantage for the Cowboys.

I totally agree. The fact that you not only have to normally worry about him being one of the best passers in the league, but also a guy that can run for a huge first down is part of what makes him an All Time great. Problem for the Cowboys is that even with a bad calf he MIGHT still be the best QB in the league. So, even though it is a huge issue in this game, I'm not sure he isn't good enough to overcome it to the point that once the game starts we hardly notice it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. The fact that you not only have to normally worry about him being one of the best passers in the league, but also a guy that can run for a huge first down is part of what makes him an All Time great. Problem for the Cowboys is that even with a bad calf he MIGHT still be the best QB in the league. So, even though it is a huge issue in this game, I'm not sure he isn't good enough to overcome it to the point that once the game starts we hardly notice it.

It is the fact that he came back out in the 2nd half that has me wondering how bad it really is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony+Romo+Pick+6.jpg

Luckily for Cowboy fans he has audibled out of that play recently!!!

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers took 50% of snaps in practice on Thursday. Will learn how limited he is during actual game... he will be somewhere between 50-90% most likely.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Rodgers will be fine by game time. Hell if Romo can play with broken bones in his back Rodgers has to play with a sore calf or all the other guys will make fun of him and give hm swirlies at half time.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the fact that he came back out in the 2nd half that has me wondering how bad it really is.

When I first saw him on field, thought he was done... was surprised he could get back out there. Hard to know if Packers playing up or down the injury. The game will give us the answer.

Packers had to remove a lot of plays from playbook and formations due to his injury.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Packers were going to end up doing a lot of the same stuff whether Rodgers is healthy or not. Run the ball, try out some screens, look for Cobb to make the most out is mismatches from the slot. I don't think the plan was ever going to be to have him fling it 45 times, including 10 deep balls, especially as often as Dallas seems to keep a safety back. If Green Bay can run, their offense is probably going to be just fine. If not, we'll really see how hurt Rodgers is or isn't.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned, a Rodgers that can't run is basically Peyton with a stronger arm.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how well backups do against Dallas, not sure having Flynn in there is a good thing.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That`s pretty optimistic but I like the way you think. If we had a Campo defense and a Ken Norton or two I`d feel better. I`m just hoping Mr. 0-16 can get the D up for another month. Fortunatly the NFL has made defense an after thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez might if he doesn't implode before he retires. The other two will need a ticket.

I think a couple of NFCCG appearances as well as a SB win would get Tony into the hall.

Those are both HUGE feats though, and not anywhere near a given. He's got the numbers I'd think, but needs big wins to complete the resume.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a couple of NFCCG appearances as well as a SB win would get Tony into the hall.

Those are both HUGE feats though, and not anywhere near a given. He's got the numbers I'd think, but needs big wins to complete the resume.

:agree:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip of the hat to the Packer fans.. It was a pleasure getting made fun of by you guys this week.

Good Luck tomorrow.

:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Rodgers will be fine by game time. Hell if Romo can play with broken bones in his back Rodgers has to play with a sore calf or all the other guys will make fun of him and give hm swirlies at half time.

:agree: Exactly. Romo doesn't get near the credit he deserves for gutting out injuries