• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention it last night...good gawd was Jalen Rose awful on the broadcast. He wasn't paying attention at all. Like they'd have a segment talking about two teams making a trade (we'll use Suns and Kings here) to let everyone know the upcoming Suns pick would actually be going to the Kings. Pick is made and Jalen talks about how great a fit the player will be on the Suns only for Rece Davis to immediately correct him that the pick was going to the Kings. It wasn't just a one time mistake either. It happened damn near every time there was a trade. Dude had no clue wtf was going on during the broadcast. I guarantee he was just reading off a sheet of notes some production assistant prepared for him
Haha yeah I was cringing everytime.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once we trade Koufos, we'll only have Cuz, WCS, Papa John, and Skal. Skal isn't going to be playing much at all, and Papa John will be the main big off the bench.

This is the first big day of a long offseason. Kings needed talent, and we got a lot of talent/potential this draft.

No position of needs though.

And be honest, was Papa John on your radar?

I'm not trying to knock you because you are right, free agency hasn't began.

But, you will have to overpay to the 3rd power to get tier 3 guys to take your money because of the perceived dysfunction.

Way to many Teams have more money, stability.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention it last night...good gawd was Jalen Rose awful on the broadcast. He wasn't paying attention at all. Like they'd have a segment talking about two teams making a trade (we'll use Suns and Kings here) to let everyone know the upcoming Suns pick would actually be going to the Kings. Pick is made and Jalen talks about how great a fit the player will be on the Suns only for Rece Davis to immediately correct him that the pick was going to the Kings. It wasn't just a one time mistake either. It happened damn near every time there was a trade. Dude had no clue wtf was going on during the broadcast. I guarantee he was just reading off a sheet of notes some production assistant prepared for him

Tried to hard to be Kenny Smith/Chuckster.

#OftenImitatedNeverDuplicated

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, you will have to overpay to the 3rd power to get tier 3 guys to take your money because of the perceived dysfunction.

Fuck no Papa John wasn't on my radar LOL. I've done some research on the guy since, but I obviously have no clue what to expect. It was a huge shocker and blow when I saw that.

SG is a huge position of need, and we got 3 players for that position.

We got Koufos and Bellineli on reasonable deals last year. We got Collison on a great deal 2 years ago. Not the biggest names (struck-out on all those), but we didn't have to overpay that much. There are also trades, and we have a few decent assets now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no Papa John wasn't on my radar LOL. I've done some research on the guy since, but I obviously have no clue what to expect. It was a huge shocker and blow when I saw that.

SG is a huge position of need, and we got 3 players for that position.

We got Koufos and Bellineli on reasonable deals last year. We got Collison on a great deal 2 years ago. Not the biggest names (struck-out on all those), but we didn't have to overpay that much. There are also trades, and we have a few decent assets now.

Well done and great examples.

I totally agree with everything in this post.

Koufus is a great trade chip to use.

I bet the Knicks, Blazers, Bulls, Mavs, Warriors, Lakers will have interest if they strike out on big names.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet the Knicks, Blazers, Bulls, Mavs, Warriors, Lakers will have interest if they strike out on big names.

I think that's how it will go down with Koufos. Let Whiteside, Dwight and Biyombo sign, then swoop in. Rudy Gay is also on the table.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's how it will go down with Koufos. Let Whiteside, Dwight and Biyombo sign, then swoop in. Rudy Gay is also on the table.
I'd take Gay over Jeff Green.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard on the radio the other day that many FA's agents are basically blackballing the Kings.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd GO Gay over Jeff Green.

PRINCETON, NJ -- The slight majority of American adults, 54%, consider gay or lesbian relations morally acceptable.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PRINCETON, NJ -- The slight majority of American adults, 54%, consider gay or lesbian relations morally acceptable.

It was one time in Vegas, before I got married, she was half Thai and hot ass shit!!!

* in before TF12....NO PICTURES!!!!!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio the other day that many FA's agents are basically blackballing the Kings.

Vlade is clearly in over his head.

In fairness, it was a shit show long before he took over.

Funny how the world works. Guys would play for a known racist , slumlord Sterling. But, not a idiot like Vivek.

I guess after Dumb Donald finally decided to open his wallet, guys decided him having folks live in roach infested apartments didn't affect their basketball career the way playing 4 on 5 on defense would.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting video that surfaced of Thon Maker in the yearbook of an Australia high school. He's listed under the graduating 2010 class.

The next year - 2011 - is when he first started showing up as an NBA prospect as a "14 year old 8th grader" in a different part of the country.

He claims to be 19 right now... but this would suggest he is actually 24.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting video that surfaced of Thon Maker in the yearbook of an Australia high school. He's listed under the graduationg 2010 class.

The next year - 2011 - is when he first started showing up as an NBA prospect as a "14 year old 8th grader" in a different part of the country.

Tisk tisk tisk Thon. Oh well, he's gonna be so irrelevant in the NBA that it won't matter.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Koufus wouldn't be TOO bad, though is I was to go 2nd tier i'd prefer Biyombo personally...

better rim protector and more athletic...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koufus wouldn't be TOO bad, though is I was to go 2nd tier i'd prefer Biyombo personally...

better rim protector and more athletic...

...or maybe Mahinmi. He might be enough under the radar to be good value. Biyombo's postseason earned him a lot of hype (and soon, a big payday).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vlade is clearly in over his head.

In fairness, it was a shit show long before he took over.

Funny how the world works. Guys would play for a known racist , slumlord Sterling. But, not a idiot like Vivek.

I guess after Dumb Donald finally decided to open his wallet, guys decided him having folks live in roach infested apartments didn't affect their basketball career the way playing 4 on 5 on defense would.

As soon as Vivek suggested playing 5 on 4, with one guy hanging back to cherry-pick, the Kings were in trouble. Even if Vlade does a good job, he's in a tough situation.

Most of the draft class wouldn't work out for the Kings either. Malachi looked none too thrilled to be a King, and he was waiting to be picked much longer than he expected.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting video that surfaced of Thon Maker in the yearbook of an Australia high school. He's listed under the graduating 2010 class.

I'm no expert in the matter, but has the NBA tried asking for his ID? :noidea:

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the draft class wouldn't work out for the Kings either. Malachi looked none too thrilled to be a King, and he was waiting to be picked much longer than he expected.
Can't say I blame him. If he could've just dodged that pick he might have had a shot at a decent career.