• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings actually did well in my opinion after their 13th pick. I thought Richardson and Skal were great picks for their spots. They also did really well to flip Bellineli for the 22nd pick. That was a friggin steal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I got right about this draft was that Jaylen Brown and Bender would go high and that Chriss would drop a bit. Other than that this draft was completely unpredictable. Really surprised Deyonte Davis dropped out of the 1st round. Especially surprised Dejounte Murray dropped all the way to the Spurs. I thought he had great upside and slid past quite a few teams who could have used him. Skal dropping wasn't as big of a deal to me because I'm sure teams hated his under performing last year.

Props to @Mecca for calling it on Thon Maker being drafted that high. I had my doubts, but obviously the Bucks thought he was a great enough talent to take that high.

I think the Warriors had one of the better drafts, right along with the Suns, Nugs, Lakers and 76ers.

Congrats again on Mccaw. People will see why we were both so high on him.

:suds:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings actually did well in my opinion after their 13th pick. I thought Richardson and Skal were great picks for their spots. They also did really well to flip Bellineli for the 22nd pick. That was a friggin steal.

Agree.

Steal for where they were picked.

They got great value.

But, it muddled up the roster and didn't address any positions of need.

How many Centers and Pf's do they have now?

I feel sorry for Cousins...lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors had one of the better drafts, right along with the Suns, Nugs, Lakers and 76ers.

Congrats again on Mccaw. People will see why we were both so high on him.

:suds:

McCaw definitely needs eat a few more in and out burgers and put some meat on his frame. I think he could potentially contribute right away at least defensively, but his offense will definitely be a work in progress. The upside is there though. Could be a nice 3 and D player if he can consistently hit that corner 3.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaw definitely needs eat a few more in and out burgers and put some meat on his frame. I think he could potentially contribute right away at least defensively, but his offense will definitely be a work in progress. The upside is there though. Could be a nice 3 and D player if he can consistently hit that corner 3.
Pit bull on defense and loooooooooong as hell.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Cousins is a really good player. He was just over shadowed at Oklahoma.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge tried to hit a home run, swing and a miss.

In his favor, he tried to get Gordon Hayward and the Jazz wouldn't even discuss it.

Hayward is a free agent next year. So, all they have to do is wait w/o parting with assets.

Reuniting him with his College coach in the East might be appealing to him.
As well as playing in a city that worships white basketball players.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as playing in a city that worships white basketball players.

Ray Allen hated the racism he saw in Boston, even though he wasn't a recipient of it because of who he was.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell, KC Jones, Dennis Johnson, Jojo White, Paul Pierce, Sam Jones, Nate Archibald, etc., etc.
First team to draft a black dude. But re-read my post; I said the fans love a white ball player, not the Celtics organization.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen hated the racism he saw in Boston, even though he wasn't a recipient of it because of who he was.
Jim Rice had the same problem. Its Boston and its rampant racism that is the problem; they gotta have white heroes in every sport. Geez, look at the Patriots; at one time last year I think they started 11 white guys on offense including RB and wide receivers.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention it last night...good gawd was Jalen Rose awful on the broadcast. He wasn't paying attention at all. Like they'd have a segment talking about two teams making a trade (we'll use Suns and Kings here) to let everyone know the upcoming Suns pick would actually be going to the Kings. Pick is made and Jalen talks about how great a fit the player will be on the Suns only for Rece Davis to immediately correct him that the pick was going to the Kings. It wasn't just a one time mistake either. It happened damn near every time there was a trade. Dude had no clue wtf was going on during the broadcast. I guarantee he was just reading off a sheet of notes some production assistant prepared for him

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Steal for where they were picked.

They got great value.

But, it muddled up the roster and didn't address any positions of need.

How many Centers and Pf's do they have now?

I feel sorry for Cousins...lol

Once we trade Koufos, we'll only have Cuz, WCS, Papa John, and Skal. Skal isn't going to be playing much at all, and Papa John will be the main big off the bench.

This is the first big day of a long offseason. Kings needed talent, and we got a lot of talent/potential this draft.