• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICAL Money in the Bank Thread

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've obviously never watched much TNA but I don't blame you for that. TNA is the king of crap endings!!!

The more WWE lite you become, the more shit your product gets. TNA for many years never learned that their audience wanted less storylines and more in-ring action. Be different, don't clone a model that isn't yours.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem everyone has is the Attitude Era was filled with crap finish after crap finish every PPV(and not just the undercard, practically every Main Event was filled with bullshit) to continue storylines and people ate that shit up. And so ever since everyone tries to replicate that and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The formula has largely stayed the same since the 1990s. That is not good.

WWE can get away with it, because they are the #1 company on the planet. Others cannot.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more WWE lite you become, the more shit your product gets. TNA for many years never learned that their audience wanted less storylines and more in-ring action. Be different, don't clone a model that isn't yours.
The formula has largely stayed the same since the 1990s. That is not good.

WWE can get away with it, because they are the #1 company on the planet. Others cannot.
I agree they can get away with it.Back in the attitude era they also had a roster that could pull it off. And competition from the WCW. It's a different era. But like you said they have a ton of talent. Both up on Raw and Smackdown. As well as down in NXT. I would love to see them evolve and move forward. Cut back on the old school storylines. And let the bulk of the story be told in the ring. There's a lot of potential for some very high quality matches now. If they utilize the athletes they have and step back from the shock value and gimmicks a bit. We could see another era

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they can get away with it.Back in the attitude era they also had a roster that could pull it off. And competition from the WCW. It's a different era. But like you said they have a ton of talent. Both up on Raw and Smackdown. As well as down in NXT. I would love to see them evolve and move forward. Cut back on the old school storylines. And let the bulk of the story be told in the ring. There's a lot of potential for some very high quality matches now. If they utilize the athletes they have and step back from the shock value and gimmicks a bit. We could see another era
True but I don't think there is a chance of that happening as long as Vince is in charge unless something very drastic happens that forces Vince out of his comfort zone..

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that just simply isn't going to happen. I'll also be surprised if it ever happens in the WWE. We are decades removed from the territory system, but the WWE is still that old New York territory at heart.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that just simply isn't going to happen. I'll also be surprised if it ever happens in the WWE. We are decades removed from the territory system, but the WWE is still that old New York territory at heart.
What are your thoughts on Asuka? Love her ring work it's fantastic imo. And she did get a big boom. Doing some house shows with the main roster. She was great at MSG imo

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on Asuka? Love her ring work it's fantastic imo. And she did get a big boom. Doing some house shows with the main roster. She was great at MSG imo

Don't watch NXT, but I am familiar with her work in Japan. Great in-ring talent. Think she could definitely get over as a vicious heel. Not sure how well she is adapting to the WWE style and the WWE audience.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't watch NXT, but I am familiar with her work in Japan. Great in-ring talent. Think she could definitely get over as a vicious heel. Not sure how well she is adapting to the WWE style and the WWE audience.
She's adapting quite well so far. You should check out some of her NXT and house show work. I think you would really enjoy her athleticism and transitions. Especially into submissions. Very fast and very smooth. Her promos and character developement have been impressive. Her matches with Bayley were actually a lot of fun to watch. They elevated each other quite a bit.Definitely one of the best female in ring technicians I've seen

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's adapting quite well so far. You should check out some of her NXT and house show work. I think you would really enjoy her athleticism and transitions. Especially into submissions. Very fast and very smooth. Her promos and character developement have been impressive. Her matches with Bayley were actually a lot of fun to watch. They elevated each other quite a bit.Definitely one of the best female in ring technicians I've seen

Will do, thanks for the recommendation. I have noticed that she's been the Women's Champion in NXT for a very long time, so I'm assuming she's been receiving pretty solid booking.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do, thanks for the recommendation. I have noticed that she's been the Women's Champion in NXT for a very long time, so I'm assuming she's been receiving pretty solid booking.
She's been getting great booking. She actually just got a tweet from Goldberg not long ago. Congratulating her for breaking his record. Which was quite impressive with wins over quite a few of the members of the main cast. Bayley, Emma, nia jax... She just defended again in a fatal three way at the last take over. And had a great 3 way elimination match last episode. Which went out into the parking lot with Cross. Broadening her horizons outside the ring. She's a nice mix of submission and striking with great charisma. She hits on both baby face and heel very well.Shes quick and crisp loaded move set

giphy.gif
tumblr_nxbdukV5iz1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Theres a better video of the full match from the house show at MSG

giphy.gif

If you get to watch her work and progression. Its worth it she looks ready

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like WWE is setting Asuka up to break the record for consecutive days as NXT Womens Champ. She'll break the record sometime in August. I expect WWE to move her up to the main roster sometime after she breaks the record, so late Aug/early Sep.