• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICAL Money in the Bank Thread

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
second to last match of the night a filler with the Ascension instead of Orton in his home town? They just took that title these guys are fighting for on the ladder and took it down a couple notches.

That's pretty common, as the logic is wanting to space out matches where they're hoping to get big fan reactions...

I forgot who said it (maybe Jim Ross), but part of the reason the WM 25 main event (HHH vs Orton) fell flat was that there were 2 matches right before that took a lot out of the crowd (HHH vs Taker and Cena vs Edge vs Big Show)....so by the time the main event came around, the crowd was worn out and hence very little reaction all the way through.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the fashion vice. There is a funny old school joke in there.

Go watch their work in TNA, it's the exact same gimmick and they got over huge as heels. I normally don't recommend people waste their time by watching TNA but the run they had was amazing.

I could not watch his TNA work alot because of TNA is only shown on 1 channel and i didn't subscribe to it.

I am now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna call anyone stupid for voicing their opinion but saying this ruined the match because it was the first ever Women's MITB match is about as asinine as saying WWE ruined the first ever Hell in A Cell match when Kane interfered and allowed HBK to cheat to win.

Seriously, people claim WWE doesn't do anything to put real heat on heels anymore and when they finally do something people bitch and moan because "it's not fair" How about it's pro wrestling and this was a great time to get Carmella and Ellsworth over as heels, WWE wanted them to get over, they have, and so mission accomplished. Just because it was the first ever match doesn't mean WWE should have to pass up an opportunity to get a heel over because someone's feelings might get hurt.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna call anyone stupid for voicing their opinion but saying this ruined the match because it was the first ever Women's MITB match is about as asinine as saying WWE ruined the first ever Hell in A Cell match when Kane interfered and allowed HBK to cheat to win.

Seriously, people claim WWE doesn't do anything to put real heat on heels anymore and when they finally do something people bitch and moan because "it's not fair" How about it's pro wrestling and this was a great time to get Carmella and Ellsworth over as heels, WWE wanted them to get over, they have, and so mission accomplished. Just because it was the first ever match doesn't mean WWE should have to pass up an opportunity to get a heel over because someone's feelings might get hurt.
See thats the thing.A quality heel is great.Ive always preferred the heels since the first time I watched wrestling.Still do at points. But a true heel is built on hate they excel because of that reaction. I think most people would be more than happy to see Carmella get a revamp.Her character is already pretty weak mo.She just doesn't have that it thing as far as female heels that say Alexa bliss has. And regardless of whether the match was ruined, I believe the main thing is they dropped the ball on putting her over as a heel.

Rather than the result angering people and putting her Carmella and Ellsworth getting over based by fueling hate. I think people view her more as just disappointed now . I don't see the anger or outrage. As much as meh that was awful writing. How it plays out is really going to depend on what direction they go with it at this point.They were talking about it on Raw. And saying they will see how Daniel Bryan or Shane will deal with it. At this point the story and whether or not the can push her over as a heel.Depends solely on the next few weeks. Their creative dept has their work cut out tho imo. Or that may actually backfire pretty bad

Last edited:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would make this even better is if Ellsworth himself actually cashed in the briefcase on Naomi.

I would laugh my mother fucking ass off!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would make this even better is if Ellsworth himself actually cashed in the briefcase on Naomi.

I would laugh my mother fucking ass off!
Now that would be great writing and make it worth it :dhd:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go watch their work in TNA, it's the exact same gimmick and they got over huge as heels. I normally don't recommend people waste their time by watching TNA but the run they had was amazing.
Or watch their work in ROH. Not exactly the same gimmick but their heel work was still stellar.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that PPV I definitely think RAW has a clear edge. I agree definitely sick of the USO's.The MITB woman match was one of the worst endings I've seen in a long time. The mens MITB match was meh. The Mahal match was expected .And I'm really not looking forward to the predictable Cena angle on the horizon.Cena is as played out as the USA insert heel nationality stuff imo....... Raw is just a lot more exciting imo that PPV was awful
You've obviously never watched much TNA but I don't blame you for that. TNA is the king of crap endings!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See thats the thing.A quality heel is great.Ive always preferred the heels since the first time I watched wrestling.Still do at points. But a true heel is built on hate they excel because of that reaction. I think most people would be more than happy to see Carmella get a revamp.Her character is already pretty weak mo.She just doesn't have that it thing as far as female heels that say Alexa bliss has. And regardless of whether the match was ruined, I believe the main thing is they dropped the ball on putting her over as a heel.

Rather than the result angering people and putting her Carmella and Ellsworth getting over based by fueling hate. I think people view her more as just disappointed now . I don't see the anger or outrage. As much as meh that was awful writing. How it plays out is really going to depend on what direction they go with it at this point.They were talking about it on Raw. And saying they will see how Daniel Bryan or Shane will deal with it. At this point the story and whether or not the can push her over as a heel.Depends solely on the next few weeks. Their creative dept has their work cut out tho imo. Or that may actually backfire pretty bad

The only people who are disappointed are marks and the same people that were mad that Billy and Chuck really weren't gay. Where I think WWE dropped the ball was not having Carmella cash in on Naomi and take the title Sunday night. However, that may have just made Carmella a face cause Naomi as champ has sucked IMO. I guess I'm just NOT feeling the glow.

Not that there wasn't ways for Carmella to cash in on Naomi and still keep her heel heat. WWE creative (read Vince) just doesn't seem capable of going all the way with things anymore. Case in point, the stop and start push of Corbin. And, Corbin is far from the only one who's suffered from start and stop then start again pushes then immediately kill the new push only to start it all over again.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, it was genius. Carmella and Ellsworth cemented their heel status by doing whatever it takes to win.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people who are disappointed are marks and the same people that were mad that Billy and Chuck really weren't gay. Where I think WWE dropped the ball was not having Carmella cash in on Naomi and take the title Sunday night. However, that may have just made Carmella a face cause Naomi as champ has sucked IMO. I guess I'm just NOT feeling the glow.

Not that there wasn't ways for Carmella to cash in on Naomi and still keep her heel heat. WWE creative (read Vince) just doesn't seem capable of going all the way with things anymore. Case in point, the stop and start push of Corbin. And, Corbin is far from the only one who's suffered from start and stop then start again pushes then immediately kill the new push only to start it all over again.
Idk I think they could have done a better job putting them over as heels. As far as a getting over moment. There was really just no impact. Like the great heel pushes of the past. It was really just meh. Which translates into the characters. Do you think that ending added to their characters or elevated them as heels? Their kinda meh imo. Their promo skills are boring at best. And tbh Lanas in ring work may actually be better than Carmella's imo. I agree with the TNA comparison. But as far as heels and getting over goes. They're boring at most and I think the ball was dropped on reaction. If we're talking female heels Alexa Bliss holds those reigns. She's got the right formula.

I definitely agree it's time for a new champ. I'm not feeling the glow either. Naomi is boring as fuck. The direction they go tonight could be interesting. Hopefully they have a pay off in store so MITB wasn't just a flop

Btw congrats to your pens Ewa :suds:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk I think they could have done a better job putting them over as heels. As far as a getting over moment. There was really just no impact. Like the great heel pushes of the past. It was really just meh. Which translates into the characters. Do you think that ending added to their characters or elevated them as heels? Their kinda meh imo. Their promo skills are boring at best. And tbh Lanas in ring work may actually be better than Carmella's imo. I agree with the TNA comparison. But as far as heels and getting over goes. They're boring at most and I think the ball was dropped on reaction. If we're talking female heels Alexa Bliss holds those reigns. She's got the right formula.

I definitely agree it's time for a new champ. I'm not feeling the glow either. Naomi is boring as fuck. The direction they go tonight could be interesting. Hopefully they have a pay off in store so MITB wasn't just a flop

Btw congrats to your pens Ewa :suds:
Thank-you! It's good to be back-to back Stanley Cup Champs!!! :suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank-you! It's good to be back-to back Stanley Cup Champs!!! :suds:
It's been quite a while. Back to backs is even more difficult now imo. Looking forward to the draft this weekend. The expansion draft tomorrow not so much. Y'all got a great shot again next year imo

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been quite a while. Back to backs is even more difficult now imo. Looking forward to the draft this weekend. The expansion draft tomorrow not so much. Y'all got a great shot again next year imo
Yes, we do! I just want this expansion draft over so I can see who the Pens lose.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we do! I just want this expansion draft over so I can see who the Pens lose.
That's the point I'm at. Get it over and hope for the best. Actually hoping it's Cammy. His production dropped far below his cap hit. But teams can also make deals to protect players basically draft picks. We'll see how it unfolds soon tho. Either way your pens have an elite core. I was old school Lou land. But I'm liking what Shero does tbh

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point I'm at. Get it over and hope for the best. Actually hoping it's Cammy. His production dropped far below his cap hit. But teams can also make deals to protect players basically draft picks. We'll see how it unfolds soon tho. Either way your pens have an elite core. I was old school Lou land. But I'm liking what Shero does tbh
Shero is good but Jim Rutherford is better.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coming years may be interesting. Glad to see Braunback on Raw already. Snackdown may be interesting tonight
SmackDown had a great Nakamura/Ziggler match but they just went with a redo for the Women's MITB match, lame!!! Lazy booking, they could've done so much more with that angle. Seeing how it ended, I'm now on board with the Women's MITB PPV match being the worst booked match/angle in years.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SmackDown had a great Nakamura/Ziggler match but they just went with a redo for the Women's MITB match, lame!!! Lazy booking, they could've done so much more with that angle. Seeing how it ended, I'm now on board with the Women's MITB PPV match being the worst booked match/angle in years.
I agree the whole thing felt like terrible writing. Like it was geared more towards social media and marketing. But while they may have got that initial pop. If they're going to go that route. They should at the least give it a week to let the hate grow. Maybe even have Carmella win the title to add more controversy. Going to be a really tough angle right now. The same result comes across as meh. The only thing I could see working is Carmella winning by dumb luck.

Becky Lynch cut a hell of a promo again. If she went heel that would be epic. But that's never happening imo. Would also love to see Asuka make the jump up. But don't see that happening anytime soon.

Nakamura/Ziegler was one of the best matches I've seen in a while. Would really like to see them drop some of this Mahal/Orton/Cena stuff. And get more Nakamura/ Ziggler/Styles in that spotlight. There's just so much more potential there. Nakamura needs a little more miceork. But the in ring skills of the three. Make some very dynamic matches imo