• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic: Reall Good Advice!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Want some other advice.

1. Prepay for your funeral.
2. Build your own box. (Most states require that at a minimum you must be buried or cremated in a "WOOD Material box."
Smartest thing? Build your own cardboard casket.
3. Be cremated
4. Don't worry about anything. Once you're dead, your body doesn't care.

For those of you that have no idea:

Whether you have religion or not. Your mind is your soul. It is the only place you can be truly sorry for your sins and make a true penance. It is the only place that you can love or hate. It contains your conscience.

When you die, your mind goes to a place that those who believe, called heaven. Ghosts are the minds of people who for some unknown reason can't quite get there and haven't left this place.

I won't argue or try to convince those who don't believe. Hell is not a place of fire. It's a place without light. Imagine a place so dark that your mind can't move.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Want some other advice.

1. Prepay for your funeral.
2. Build your own box. (Most states require that at a minimum you must be buried or cremated in a "WOOD Material box."
Smartest thing? Build your own cardboard casket.
3. Be cremated
4. Don't worry about anything. Once you're dead, your body doesn't care.

For those of you that have no idea:

Whether you have religion or not. Your mind is your soul. It is the only place you can be truly sorry for your sins and make a true penance. It is the only place that you can love or hate. It contains your conscience.

When you die, your mind goes to a place that those who believe, called heaven. Ghosts are the minds of people who for some unknown reason can't quite get there and haven't left this place.

I won't argue or try to convince those who don't believe. Hell is not a place of fire. It's a place without light. Imagine a place so dark that your mind can't move.
If you won't argue why make the comment or personal assessment then share it. If you have no desire to engage in conversation about it then don't bring it up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you won't argue why make the comment or personal assessment then share it. If you have no desire to engage in conversation about it then don't bring it up.
It's pretty simple Reb. Why argue about something that someone does not believe? I spent a lot of time arguing my sense of things to no avail. If you don't believe, fine. I'm not going to convince you otherwise. But I'm not going to get baited into a sixty post "You're wrong,. No, You're wrong. Prove it. Can't prove it." Blah, blah, blah.

I'm at peace with myself and my beliefs. If you don't agree, so be it. Live with whatever makes you feel good.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty simple Reb. Why argue about something that someone does not believe? I spent a lot of time arguing my sense of things to no avail. If you don't believe, fine. I'm not going to convince you otherwise. But I'm not going to get baited into a sixty post "You're wrong,. No, You're wrong. Prove it. Can't prove it." Blah, blah, blah.

I'm at peace with myself and my beliefs. If you don't agree, so be it. Live with whatever makes you feel good.
My only point is others may not see it the way you do, or even believe in religious scare tactics. I have no idea what Heaven or Hell may be or even if they exist at all. None of us know that is why it's called faith

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point is others may not see it the way you do, or even believe in religious scare tactics. I have no idea what Heaven or Hell may be or even if they exist at all. None of us know that is why it's called faith
Very astute. As most of you know, I have strong beliefs. I rarely bring them up here as it is a sports form.
Very little agreement here on beliefs. I will talk about my faith with anyone who wants to.
I'd prefer one on one and anybody can PM me to "talk"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why act like you "know something" that you can't possibly know? There's "knowing" and there's believing. Anyone can argue what you do or do not know. Rarely can anyone argue what you truly believe.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why act like you "know something" that you can't possibly know? There's "knowing" and there's believing. Anyone can argue what you do or do not know. Rarely can anyone argue what you truly believe.
Exactly and why I choose to drop out of conversations at a certain point. You can never argue opinion.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Advice from my father in law many years ago:

Think with your big head not your little head.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That advice, though valuable to others, was specific to you!
How did you do?
No, he gave that advice out a lot.

But to your question, when I asked him for his daughters hand in marriage, the traditional way, his answer was "Well, somebody is going to fuck her, it might's well be you."

So, there's that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever been going at it with a great gal and out of nowhere, have her mom open the car door and ask the most stupid question ever?

"What do you think you're doing??"

Then the next stupid statement.

"Get dressed and go home, right now."

What's she gonna say?

"Sorry mom, I wasn't thinking."?

"You'll have to wait mom. I haven't cum yet."?

That's what happens when the little head does all of the thinking.

And what the hell was her mother doing at place where there were twenty other cars every Friday and Saturday night doing the exact same thing? She must have had a little head of her own.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever been going at it with a great gal and out of nowhere, have her mom open the car door and ask the most stupid question ever?

"What do you think you're doing??"

Then the next stupid statement.

"Get dressed and go home, right now."

What's she gonna say?

"Sorry mom, I wasn't thinking."?

"You'll have to wait mom. I haven't cum yet."?

That's what happens when the little head does all of the thinking.

And what the hell was her mother doing at place where there were twenty other cars every Friday and Saturday night doing the exact same thing? She must have had a little head of her own.
Seriously, I'm missing something. If she's a great gal then that's the definition of the big head thinking before the little head has a chance to screw things up.