• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Thread

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Larry, but I think the market for him will be too much given our other needs and current investments. Smart play by him.... He signed a one year deal with us, worked his tail off and might now be able to cash in on his season. Can't blame the guy for finding the top-bidder.

I do hope they can get BJ Hill back on a fair deal. He was a solid contributor much of the year. After that, I figure you probably need to start taking a few swing for DTs in the draft. Hopefully, Marion Hobby can help coach up some young guys and we can get some value in the middle rounds.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Larry, but I think the market for him will be too much given our other needs and current investments. Smart play by him.... He signed a one year deal with us, worked his tail off and might now be able to cash in on his season. Can't blame the guy for finding the top-bidder.

I do hope they can get BJ Hill back on a fair deal. He was a solid contributor much of the year. After that, I figure you probably need to start taking a few swing for DTs in the draft. Hopefully, Marion Hobby can help coach up some young guys and we can get some value in the middle rounds.
They probably will never fall as far as us in the draft, but if Jordan Davis or Devonte Wyatt fall to us in the 1st.

Here is my list of guys I would not be disappointed with seeing us draft in the first depending on our FA period. This is my list in order minus any shocking player dropping to us that is absolutely not expected, like Sauce, Stingley, etc.

C Tyler Linderbaum
OT Trevor Penning
DL Jordan Davis
TE Trey McBride
OG Zion Johnson
CB Trent McDuffie
OG Tyler Smith
CB Roger McCreary
OG Chris Paul
DL Devonte Wyatt
OT Bernhard Raimann
OT Daniel Faalele

I wouldn't mind CB Kyler Gordon in the 2nd round. So if he is a real possibility at the bottom of 2, I would actually remove the other CB's off my list and move everyone else up.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the hype Davis received for his combine work, I would be shocked if he made it out of the top 20.

Keep in mind, I am a world-renowned draft expert.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably will never fall as far as us in the draft, but if Jordan Davis or Devonte Wyatt fall to us in the 1st.

Here is my list of guys I would not be disappointed with seeing us draft in the first depending on our FA period. This is my list in order minus any shocking player dropping to us that is absolutely not expected, like Sauce, Stingley, etc.

C Tyler Linderbaum
OT Trevor Penning
DL Jordan Davis
TE Trey McBride
OG Zion Johnson
CB Trent McDuffie
OG Tyler Smith
CB Roger McCreary
OG Chris Paul
DL Devonte Wyatt
OT Bernhard Raimann
OT Daniel Faalele

I wouldn't mind CB Kyler Gordon in the 2nd round. So if he is a real possibility at the bottom of 2, I would actually remove the other CB's off my list and move everyone else up.
Not a fan of Faalele - too raw. This team is looking for a plug and play guy in round 1, and maybe even in round 2. I don't think Faalele fits here. Has upside, but also could end up having a long way to go.

In my ideal world, this pick is traded for a proven OT. A 1st this year, and a conditional 3rd or maybe 2nd next year - and get Tunsil.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, have we signed Gronk yet?
Apparently Gronk has been expressing his love of Burrow..... Again! My thinking was that he would end up in Buffalo. Apparently he's from the area and grew up a big fan. What better way to end your career than playing on your hometown team with a great qb like Allen.

But, if that's not important to him and he really does want to play for the Bengals, we need to make it happen. He's been one of the best redzone threats for his entire career. And he's an underrated run blocker down there too. You probably aren't getting him healthy for 16 games, but if you do get a good chunk of the season with him, the offense fixes it's one major weakness over the last portion of the season.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, we need someone better than Drew Sample if we're going to make another playoff appearance.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Brady is coming back to Tampa so looks like Gronk will not be coming to Cincinnati. Cause his guy is back in the fold.

Next?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jensen is going back with him.... In some ways this is a benefit because Jensen was the best center on the market and he took a team-friendly deal rather than resetting the market with a huge deal. This might make the other centers on the market more affordable..... Unless demand is super high, which I just don't see.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Gronks' case I can see him returning and going on a 1 year deal. FWIW - I never saw Gronk coming here. Good addition, sure, but there are so many other needs his Salary just wouldn't have been best spent on him there, IMO.

I'm interested about Jensen because he'll be playing after Brady is gone. IIRC, Brady only has 1 more year left, and I don't see him signing with TB again. That means, anyone who is signing long-term is signing up for a bit of a rebuild with a new QB after this year. I guess at his age, making a whole-sale change isn't as attractive. Stay put, play 3 more years in TB - retire. Not a bad way to end it.

The deal he got was the same deal thrown around for the Bengals - so not sure if it's "team friendly" - it was right about what was expected. But, that's life in F/A. Next man up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid 1st day.

Cappa, Karras, and re-signing BJ Hill.

Still have a lot of room to work with, but the 1st two signings give them some real flexibility in the draft for the early rounds.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are paying for a guard
His 4 year $40 is an AAV that is DOUBLE what the Bengals have ever paid to any OG, ever.

Times. They are a'changing.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick update. Jake Glisgow from Locked On Bengals has updated his cap projections and assuming Waynes and Hopkins are cut, they have added less than 7 million to the 2022 cap after the 3 signings on day one. With his projections including draft pool and normal bengals operating procedure they still have roughly 25 million to spend.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uz is a jet. 8 million a year. Burrow can just make another te look better

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick update. Jake Glisgow from Locked On Bengals has updated his cap projections and assuming Waynes and Hopkins are cut, they have added less than 7 million to the 2022 cap after the 3 signings on day one. With his projections including draft pool and normal bengals operating procedure they still have roughly 25 million to spend.
This is where things get interesting. They could still pay big money for either a tackle or a corner. Still a few needs left on the board, but you have money to make a splash type signing. Could be another interesting day today.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uz is a jet. 8 million a year. Burrow can just make another te look better
I loved what CJ brought to the team. But, with that number, it was time to move on. Gronk did not re-sign with Tampa on day 1 - Maybe he's in play?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk will stay with his bro. Maybe we sign a free agent or just look to the draft