• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Day Meanderings ...

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate off days in the midst of a pennant race ... let alone in the middle of the World Series when our team is hot. Off days can kill momentum. Remember what happened after the last travel day.

TEX was 10-4 during the regular season after a day off. During the playoffs (i(including the break days between series and postponed games) TEX is 4-3 after an off day. TEX needs to really attack STL on Wed night ... take it to them hard ... very hard ... to recapture their momentum from last night's win.

Will be attending our oldest granddaughter's volleyball game tonight in the first round of their Catholic League Girls VB playoffs. Need TEX to win on Wed night as her second playoff game will be Thu night.

Baseball fans in metro Little Rock has split affiliations between TEX and STL. We get all TEX FSSW and DirectTV carried TXA21 Fri night games. The local Arkansas Travellers are LAA's AA affiliate ... but from 1966 to 2000 they were STL's AA affilate and most long time local baseball fans remain Card fans. Despite local LAA affiliation the only time LAA games are shown here is when they play TEX. Wearing TEX logo outerwear or hats around town is common ... but right now ... it gets the same reaction as would wearing A&M attire around Austin.

What is everyone else doing to keep their sanity and focus until Game 6 starts? I hate days off.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Praying that the rain holds off tomorrow.... :(

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just moved into my new place and found out my baby mama lives across the street...worst off day ever.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think you've got it bad. I have to wait an extra 10 hours to watch the game while avoiding all sports sites and yahoo homepage at all costs. I hate that I can't watch it live and post here but there's no way I'm going to watch us win the world series on gamecast! I need to actually watch it and feel like I'm watching it live. Last night I had 6 other teachers over to watch it. So Thursday night/Wednesday morning for you guys, we'll be watching game 6! GO RANGERS!

Last edited by a moderator:

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game is postponed a day then it's just an extra day of rest for Josh Hamilton. It also puts Derek Holland in line to start game 7 if we want him too, which I think he should if it comes down to it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think you've got it bad. I have to wait an extra 10 hours to watch the game while avoiding all sports sites and yahoo homepage at all costs. I hate that I can't watch it live and post here but there's no way I'm going to watch us win the world series on gamecast! I need to actually watch it and feel like I'm watching it live. Last night I had 6 other teachers over to watch it. So Thursday night/Wednesday morning for you guys, we'll be watching game 6! GO RANGERS!

I was wondering where you've been. I'm still worse off lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
50% chance of rain at game time ... but you know Fox is going to push MLB to get the game in without delay or rain out. Once they start need to nail it down and get it done so we don't run into one of those weird post season carry over to the next day games.

I think delays or breakages in play during the game favor Colby over Garcia.