• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OC Matt Canada leaving LSU

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing is bizarre. There had to be some type of staff serious blow up during bowl prep.
Nope, writing has been on the wall all year. Physical altercations during practice where people have had to pull Ed O and Canada off each other earlier in the year even.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, writing has been on the wall all year. Physical altercations during practice where people have had to pull Ed O and Canada off each other earlier in the year even.

So O doesn't have the authority to fire coaches? Because if I feel the need to fight you, I probably need to fire you.

I generally dislike paying people that irritate me, I would have a real issue paying someone 1.5 million to irritate me.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So O doesn't have the authority to fire coaches? Because if I feel the need to fight you, I probably need to fire you.

I generally dislike paying people that irritate me, I would have a real issue paying someone 1.5 million to irritate me.
Well I’m sure workin for a dude that has no vision and talks like the cookie monster is irritating too, and I wouldn’t appreciate someone telling me how to run my offense like Les Miles dos.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember LSU's great decision to save money on the HC and get him great coordinators. Shocking this didn't work out. Canada and Coach O marriage was a strange one from the start. Best OC is going to have issues if his style doesn't mesh with the HC.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember LSU's great decision to save money on the HC and get him great coordinators. Shocking this didn't work out. Canada and Coach O marriage was a strange one from the start. Best OC is going to have issues if his style doesn't mesh with the HC.

We are doomed to Texas levels of mediocrity.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I’m sure workin for a dude that has no vision and talks like the cookie monster is irritating too, and I wouldn’t appreciate someone telling me how to run my offense like Les Miles dos.

Good point, I like O though...but that may be because he is your coach, not mine.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ll relocate to Alabama if your making a serious job offer.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, I like O though...but that may be because he is your coach, not mine.
Same can be said for Les Miles. The guy who everyone said was such a great coach yet he has received zero job offers that don’t require him running offset to pee in the middle of a segment.

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Canada wishes to return as LSU's offensive coordinator
Friday, December 29th 2017, 10:04 am CSTFriday, December 29th 2017, 11:51 am CST time.prefixdate:before{content:'Posted: ';}time.prefixdate:before{content:'Updated: ';}
By Jacques Doucet, Sports
[EMAIL='[email protected]?body=http://www.wafb.com/story/37159309/matt-canada-wishes-to-return-as-lsus-offensive-coordinator'][email protected][/EMAIL]

Matt Canada (Source: WAFB)
ORLANDO, FL (WAFB) -
The morning after LSU head coach Ed Orgeron refused to acknowledge offensive coordinator Matt Canada's long term future with the team, Canada himself made it clear he wishes to return next season.

During a meeting with the media Friday morning at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando, Canada was asked point blank if he wanted to be back in 2018.

"Sure!" Canada replied enthusiastically. "Love to be!"

Canada was then asked if he gave any thought to not returning to the Tigers.

"I'm excited about where we are today. I'm excited about our players. And, I'm proud of what they did this year," he replied.

Thursday evening, Orgeron would only say Canada was LSU's offensive coordinator "right now" and that he would call the plays in The Citrus Bowl against Notre Dame on New Year's Day.

When asked about stories of him being fired circulating, Canada again took the high road.

"I've got the greatest gig going. I got a great wife, two great kids and I coach football. So, I'm very, very blessed," he explained.