• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Longest Ride. Being straight, I had never heard of it, but I looked it up and read the plot:

"Former bull-riding champion Luke (Scott Eastwood) and college student Sophia (Britt Robertson) are in love, but conflicting paths and ideals threaten to tear them apart: Luke hopes to make a comeback on the rodeo circuit, and Sophia is about to embark on her dream job in New York's art world. As the couple ponder their romantic future, they find inspiration in Ira (Alan Alda), an elderly man whose decades-long romance with his beloved wife withstood the test of time.

I'm really happy for you. 20 years ago, you couldn't go online and openly post about watching "The Longest Ride" without your wife finding out and leaving you or your boss firing you. Hell, when you get AIDS, your only chance 20 years ago was finding Denzel Washington and guilt-tripping him into taking your case, and even then, you had to be familiar with the law yourself. But it's 2016, and you can post about watching The Longest Ride at your hotel and everyone will embrace and accept you!:suds:

I gave my ratings for the ones I've seen. I saw the original Star Wars trilogy but can't remember them so I won't rate them until I see them again. I've given seven movies a perfect 5/5 score. Can you guess any of them?

Don't get it. There's gay rodeo riders?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I'll give a quote from each. You should at least get 4 (I'll put them in order from favorite 5/5 to least favorite 5/5)

1. "I'm gonna make this pencil disappear."
2. "Two pills? Great. Why don't you just give me a bottle of scotch and a handgun to blow my fucking head off!"
3. "You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you. SHU program, ni/gga. 23 hour lockdown. I'm the man up in this piece. You'll never see the light of... who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the police, I run shit around here. You just live here. Yeah, that's right, you better walk away. Go on and walk away... 'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. King Kong ain't got SHIT on ME."
4. "Sometimes... to do what's right... we must be steady... and give up the things we desire the most... even our dreams."
5. "Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."
6. " I think you're an overeducated 27-year-old virgin who likes to hold the hands of superstitious old ladies and promise them everlasting life."
7. "I hope they enjoy our police service!"

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just too dumb for quizzes like this and I have none of those "memory pills" you're always taking. I may have seen no.2.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only got a 37% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I might have to check it out. Is it on Amazon Prime or Netflix? By the way, you've got to see Take Shelter so we can talk about the ending

I don't think I paid for it so it was either on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Netflix I think

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fargo: 3/5 stars. Meh, what's with all the critical acclaim? The lady, Frances McDormand, was good, but everything else was pretty boring

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shotgun Stories: 4/5 stars. Slow-moving, but great supporting characters. I enjoyed it

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4/5 10 Cloverfield Lane - John Goodman does a great job with his character. The story is a big shaky.

5/5 Dead Pool - overall a fun movie if you enjoy sarcasm.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4/5 10 Cloverfield Lane - John Goodman does a great job with his character. The story is a big shaky.

5/5 Dead Pool - overall a fun movie if you enjoy sarcasm.
Yeah, right. Like I enjoy sarcasm....

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadpool: 3/5 stars. I didn't find it very funny and it wanted to be a lot smarter than it actually was. It still had some cool action scenes though

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy: 0.5/5 stars. Lazy, stupid, and worst of all, not funny. How do people view this as a funny movie? I don't think I genuinely laughed once

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:10 to Yuma: 3.5/5 stars. Bale was good and it was cool seeing Crowe in a villainous role, but the ending got downright cheesy and had no subtly whatsoever. It kind of ruined the great vibe of the first half hour of the movie

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you nailed that. 3:10 to Yuma would have been first rate if the ending weren't so silly. All that good acting wasted. Mangold must have been drunk the final week of directing.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you nailed that. 3:10 to Yuma would have been first rate if the ending weren't so silly. All that good acting wasted. Mangold must have been drunk the final week of directing.
Yeah, the son shooting his pistol in the air? WTF? And nice subtlety Mangold. "Pa, you finally got him on the train!":trash:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on TV watching:
  • Fuck Daredevil Season 2. Seriously awful. I rarely ever stop a show half a season in unless it's really, really bad. And Daredevil Season 2 is really, really bad. I didn't realize how important the Kingpin was to Season 1 until I watched 6 episodes of Season 2 without him. And I hate that fucking asshole from The Walking Dead who plays the Punisher.
  • My dad and I are deciding if we want to watch Veep or Silicon Valley together. We've seen about six episodes of Veep and like it, albeit finding it inconsistent. Some moments are fucking hilarious and then it'll go 15 minutes without being funny. We watched the first episode of Silicon Valley last night. I liked it more than him, but we're going to watch another episode tonight and see which one we'll want to watch consistently (honestly the one we drop will probably just be watched after. Or if we really like both we'll watch them at the same time).
  • I'm about halfway through Season 2 in my conquest of rewatching Breaking Bad. It's still my second favorite show, but I really forgot how boring some parts can be (cough cough Skyler). And I still have to get through Jane's character:trash:. It's ok- I remember from my first time watching that Season 2 (and really Season 1) are the weakest. Season 3 is bad ass, and then Seasons 4 and 5 are two of the greatest seasons of any show ever.
  • After much thought and deliberation, I have decided what my next new show to watch consistently will be- Deadwood. It was between Deadwood, House of Cards, Dexter, and Rome, and then I narrowed it down to HOC and Deadwood. I'll probably watch the other three later in my life, but I want to watch Deadwood, because it got great reviews, and I want to see a western done right (the series finale better not have the villain have a change of heart out of nowhere and the son of the protagonist shooting his pistol in the air and sending cows to trample over another bad guy). The only downside of Deadwood is that I here it was stopped before it could get a proper ending. At least I'm pretty sure that's what people said. I'll have to see.
  • Lastly, my future new TV plans. Bloodline Season 2 comes out on Netflix on May 27th. The first season was a top 10 season of any show all time, so obviously I'm excited. Check it out on Netflix if you haven't already seen it. Preacher comes out on AMC in like a week. I'm reading the comic now, and it's bad ass, so I'm excited. And All The Way, which is a TV movie, comes out in 2 days on HBO. It's starring Bryan Cranston as Lyndon B. Johnson. Do I really need to say more? It currently has a score of 75 on Metacritic, which I think is low. I bet the user score will be much higher. Check it out.
And I'll keep you all up to date on how I like or don't like everything, because you all are obviously captivated by my television consumption patterns and movements

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have any free time?
Yes- and I send 90% of it watching or reading about baseball or watching movies or TV shows. Evidently