• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that Idaho has finally tasted success on the football field...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think about it though, Idaho might actually have a better product in FCS, that's how Montana, Montana St and Eastern have become great FCS programs. Filling out your roster with FBS second tier recruits and getting all the transfers. Our game against Montana State is essentially going to be us against a Pac 12 transfer squad.

Might is the key word there. They might lose Petrino in 2 years, make a bad coaching hire, and then be Idaho State. To be fair, Idaho State won a D1-AA national championship almost 40 years ago. Idaho has never done that. But Idaho State also hasn't played in the post season in nearly 35 years and has fired every head coach they've had since then.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NMSU has balls so moving forward I'm giving them the nod.

NMSU has been able to hold their opponents to under 50, so yes I give them the nod as well. Solid ass program they have down there in Las Cruces.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NMSU has been able to hold their opponents to under 50, so yes I give them the nod as well. Solid ass program they have down there in Las Cruces.

Solid-ass program or solid ass-program?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but are the cougs actually going to show up to play or pretend it doesn't matter and lose to another FCS school?

Oh hell no, my money is on Montana State in that game. Leach takes all his OOC games like practices and it's annoying as hell.

But maybe Idaho can use Jason Gesser as HC..didnt he coach there a few years ago?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no, my money is on Montana State in that game. Leach takes all his OOC games like practices and it's annoying as hell.

But maybe Idaho can use Jason Gesser as HC..didnt he coach there a few years ago?
QB coach and interim HC for a few games after Akey got fired. Seemed like a good dude when he was here but he's not quite HC material yet. Probably would make a good coordinator. I think he's the QB coach at Wyoming right now.

If we're talking former college QB's I would love to see Nussmeier or Lindgren come to Idaho after Petrino inevitably leaves, but both those guys are P5 coordinators so there's no way in hell they'd take a $1 million+ pay cut to coach at an FCS school.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB coach and interim HC for a few games after Akey got fired. Seemed like a good dude when he was here but he's not quite HC material yet. Probably would make a good coordinator. I think he's the QB coach at Wyoming right now.

If we're talking former college QB's I would love to see Nussmeier or Lindgren come to Idaho after Petrino inevitably leaves, but both those guys are P5 coordinators so there's no way in hell they'd take a $1 million+ pay cut to coach at an FCS school.

I'm not saying bringing him in as HC but he is a heck of a positional coach and is one dude who can recruit the Palouse. His dream is our HC gig but not a bad dude to have to recruit to Idaho. But I'm a tiny bit bias towards him.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying bringing him in as HC but he is a heck of a positional coach and is one dude who can recruit the Palouse. His dream is our HC gig but not a bad dude to have to recruit to Idaho. But I'm a tiny bit bias towards him.
Gotcha. No way he'd come here as QB coach again (he had to make more at Wyoming) but if Cinkovich left I would not mind giving him a shot at the OC job.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. No way he'd come here as QB coach again (he had to make more at Wyoming) but if Cinkovich left I would not mind giving him a shot at the OC job.

I didn't know he was still coaching, I thought he was doing something at WSU right now waiting for the Leach era to end.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the days when Idaho used to kick the living shit outta Boise State. Vandals best bet is FCS.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he was still coaching, I thought he was doing something at WSU right now waiting for the Leach era to end.
Oh, you might be right. Just looked it up and Gesser got hired before Craig Bohl got there. He's probably not involved with Wyoming anymore.