• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nothing about Washington scandal yet?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years from now when the investigation is wrapped up they will conclude the kid paid the money back by then...

Why would you rat out the guy who got you tutoring and helped you get into college/foseball in the first place?

Maybe it's cause the coaching staff is bolting to SC and there not taken the kid...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Husky defensive line coach pays $3000 so a kid can get SAT tutoring so that he can get a world class education and that makes the Huskies cheaters?

The kid never even made the team dumbass

yes

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Husky defensive line coach pays $3000 so a kid can get SAT tutoring so that he can get a world class education and that makes the Huskies cheaters?

That's exactly what it makes them. Do you think they did it hoping he wouldn't play on the team?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jim O'Brien gave a kid from some third world European toilet cash to help bury his dead mother. The kid was never ruled eligible to play basketball in the US because of a 15 day contract with a pro team in Serbia or some gawd-forsaken place.

O'Brien was fired and OSU was stripped of its final four appearance and a bunch of wins.

I said all that to say this: Yes, that is cheating.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/yawn

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me this anonymous source was within the USC political structure that leaked this information to the LA Times. Lots of the powerful alumni wanted a bigger name than Sark. They wanted a NFL guy or one of the NCAA superstars. They want another Pete Carroll. Their egos demand it.

The NCAA is going dig into this. UW might end up taking some of the punishment, but given their revamped by laws, this stuff hits the coaches more. The "I didn't know what my assistants were doing" excuse isn't bought anymore.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the kid never played at UW - the coach just be the one that is investigated and serve any probation or NCAA punishment.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whistle blower is supposed to be interviewed on the radio tonight by Dave Mahler. Maybe we find out a bit more about motives once we find out who it was. Just find the release of this now a bit odd given that the alleged money changed hands in February and like May?

I'm not saying he didn't do it. Might very well have, but it will be interesting to know who, after all this time, came forward with it. At least it will give some insight into how likely Lupoi's denial is.

The danger here is whenever the NCAA goes digging around your program they may start finding other things, whether bad or not. If Tosh is dirty then you have to wonder how many more kids he gave money to. I mean some random three star kid from this state garners him knowingly violating even the basic rules and that's the only time? Not likely. If he is guilty of this there is almost no chance it was a solo event.

I mean what kind of a retard do you have to be to give money directly to anyone when you are a coach? Don't most teams use boosters to do that for them so there is plausible deniability? So either he is being setup for some reason or he is a complete and total dumb ass who deserves whatever fallout comes from it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so the whistle blower didn't go on Softy's show, but Adam Jude who interviewed him was on and all he would say is it was someone from here who at one time was close to the UW program who heard about this from someone within the high school coach who took the money's circle. Said the more time that went on he couldn't sit buy and let Lupoi dirty up the program. He says his motives (at least this is what they said) was to help clean up the program. Wants to see UW stay clean. Take it for what it's worth. When you hide like a coward and won't step up and let your name be known you don't deserve a lot of credibility.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so the whistle blower didn't go on Softy's show, but Adam Jude who interviewed him was on and all he would say is it was someone from here who at one time was close to the UW program who heard about this from someone within the high school coach who took the money's circle. Said the more time that went on he couldn't sit buy and let Lupoi dirty up the program. He says his motives (at least this is what they said) was to help clean up the program. Wants to see UW stay clean. Take it for what it's worth. When you hide like a coward and won't step up and let your name be known you don't deserve a lot of credibility.

"Someone here that was at one time close to the program." :wtf2:

So to sum this up, Its a douche bag that wanted into the booster side, his money couldn't get his "short man status" in the frickn door so now he creates a bunch of BS????:L

Bet this guy is from SCC country...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summary of what we know so far:

An unknown whistle blower said to be from the Seattle area who had at one point had ties with UW came forward and reported to UW, USC, and some jackoff from the LA Times (odd if he is from here that he chose a cali paper?) that he had heard through 'circles' about a transaction involving Tosh Lupoi giving a high school coach (Mike Davis) money twice to help a recent recruit that had just signed a letter of intent (Andrew Basham) get some tutoring to help him academically qualify for the program.

The source of this whistle blowers information was said to have been from someone in Davis' circle of friends.

Davis was confronted and said he was given $3000 in february for a tutor to help him prep for a test and gave it to him in a brown paper bag at the Ram restaurant. He also claimed that Lupoi invited him, his wife, and Basham to the campus offices in may where he gave him $1,500 in a coffee cup to give to Basham's father to reimburse them for online classes his son took to further help him qualify. He is said to have given bank statements showing he deposited the cash on both occasions to his account.

Basham's mother has released a statement saying it is untrue and that they paid for his tutor and classes on their credit card and it had nothing to do with Tosh.

So what we have so far is this high school coach telling his friends he received money from Tosh and someone in his circle shared it with some random person who sat on this information for months before coming out with it all of a sudden recently. When confronted the coach is all too happy to repeat the same story for all who will listen. Lupoi and the students parents are denying his account. The only evidence in this case that is known is the word of this high school coach and some bank statements showing he deposited $3000 in february and $1500 in may. Conveniently that coach is already no longer employed by the school he coached at.

At this time it has to at least be possible the coach isn't telling the truth, but even if he is there won't be a paper trail that leads back to Tosh unless they can find bank records of his accounts withdrawing those amounts around the same time. Without that there won't be any way to tack this on him because it is just a he said, she said situation.

If he is guilty of doing this then I'd find it hard to believe it was an isolated event and I'd expect any reasonable inquiry to dig up more examples and some sort of a smoking gun. If (IF TF12... IF) that were the case I would expect the NCAA to come down rather heavily on Sark and at the very least they would be recruiting restrictions of some sort handed down to UW if not a loss of scholarships as well. We are a long way away from anything of that sort right now.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUZKIEZ, TROJANZ AND DUCKZ ARE "ALL" CHEATERZ!

We @ Oregon State find "NO NEED" to cheat our way thru the PAC12, just not in our coaches nature OR our FINE Institution's nature either.

Bon Appetito me PAC bruddaz! :laugh3:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what this coach says is true then it is likely a level III offense under the new violation structure.

New Violation Structure - NCAA.org

Unless more is uncovered the likely penalties would be fairly light and not likely to include more than some recruiting restrictions, however there isn't much of a case study history to draw from how the new laws will be dealt with by the COI. The structure of penalties has changed substantially and these allegations occurred after it went into effect.

Accountability and Penalties - NCAA.org

Under this new enforcement policy head coaches are now under the burden of being presumed to have knowledge until proven otherwise and the punishments for head coaches is more severe.

If things stay as they are I wouldn't expect anything to happen to Sarkisian, but if there are other confirmed examples along with this then both Lupoi and Sark are going to face severe penalties.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We @ Oregon State find "NO NEED" to cheat our way thru the PAC12, just not in our coaches nature OR our FINE Institution's nature either.

Could that be why your team falls apart every year and fails to make any kind of a real run at the conference championships? :whistle:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Beavers cheat no one cares. Its kind of like when a 4 year old cheats in a race, everyone thinks its cute and everyone knows it really doesn't matter.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could that be why your team falls apart every year and fails to make any kind of a real run at the conference championships? :whistle:

Probably so Whiz, but hell...WE DO MORE with 2-3 star kids than anyone else in the PAC. Safe to say me BEAVERZ knocked the 5* Ducks out of a matchup in a BSC Bowl THIS YEAR and I'm fine with that close call, how bout you I ask?
:suds::yahoo::gaah::whistle: