• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not ready to move on from Griffin.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail on the head right there. I hate it when he does that. I think that's where an improved line could come in. I wonder what Griffin would look like behind Romo's line. I do understand this sounds like Griffin needs everything to be perfect around him to succeed. But Colt got hurt behind this line and Kirk threw a bunch of picks because he was trying to avoid sacks while the pocket was collapsing around him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. Interesting the parallels between Smith and Griffin. Only difference is Griffin set the league on fire his rookie year unlike Smith. I've said from the beginning, with all that has been invested, might as well play it out with Robert and try to fix everything else in the meantime. If Griffin performs, all the better. If not, things are in place for someone else to in 16.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't rule Cousins out either. He had a lot of turnovers but if they can coach that out of him he is as good if not better than Griffin. As I have said before all I want to see is an open competition. Griffin was handed the starting position before he ever stepped on the field. That should never be the case.

I have been thinking as this past year was moving along that I would be happy if they could find a game manager and build a solid team around whoever that person is. I didn't think that was an option though ... until McCloughan was hired.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins faults are more coachable than RG3's. Through practice, study, repetition and play calling, throwing INTs can be overcome. There are numerous QBs that came into the league and their first few years they threw all kind of INTs. Look at the stats of Aikman, Bradshaw and Favre as guys that regularly threw it to the other team. However, RG3's main issue, pocket presence, isn't really a coachable fault. That's more of a feeling. You either have it or you don't.

So if you want a game manager, Cousins is probably more likely to get there before RG3. But I agree. Let it be a true open competition and let the one who rises start. The issue is you need to make a decision probably no later than the 2nd or 3rd preseason game so that the starter gets plenty of reps before opening day.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Griffin deserved to be handed the starting spot because of the division title he won us in 12 and the fact that 13 he clearly wasn't healthy. But that grace period is over. I'm with you, open competition. I think it's interesting the Jay made it clear that he does not want to have a three way competition for starting QB next year. Said that would be kinda hard. We all know how he feels about Colt, but he is a free agent and looking for a raise. Griffin, Kirk, Colt, looks like there will be an odd man out before preseason even begins.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Griffin deserved to be handed the starting spot because of the division title he won us in 12 and the fact that 13 he clearly wasn't healthy. But that grace period is over. I'm with you, open competition. I think it's interesting the Jay made it clear that he does not want to have a three way competition for starting QB next year. Said that would be kinda hard. We all know how he feels about Colt, but he is a free agent and looking for a raise. Griffin, Kirk, Colt, looks like there will be an odd man out before preseason even begins.

I doubt Colt will be back. He is a FA and my guess is Scot will purposely not resign him unless RG3 is traded.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be sweet. Lol. I like Colt but I don't want Jay to have that option.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins faults are more coachable than RG3's. Through practice, study, repetition and play calling, throwing INTs can be overcome. There are numerous QBs that came into the league and their first few years they threw all kind of INTs. Look at the stats of Aikman, Bradshaw and Favre as guys that regularly threw it to the other team. However, RG3's main issue, pocket presence, isn't really a coachable fault. That's more of a feeling. You either have it or you don't.

So if you want a game manager, Cousins is probably more likely to get there before RG3. But I agree. Let it be a true open competition and let the one who rises start. The issue is you need to make a decision probably no later than the 2nd or 3rd preseason game so that the starter gets plenty of reps before opening day.

KC , to me is where the crap o/line shows up the most . if he has a comfortable pocket , doesnt feel like he has to rush through his reads , then i believe he will shine

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day Cousins is probably the best fit for Jay. I don't think it was so much the interceptions, it was how he reacted to them. He seemed shook. Once he threw one he seemed to get rattled and started throwing them in bunches. It's a shame because like I said, at times this offense under Kirk moved up and down the field and was dropping 40+ and 30+ points.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day Cousins is probably the best fit for Jay. I don't think it was so much the interceptions, it was how he reacted to them. He seemed shook. Once he threw one he seemed to get rattled and started throwing them in bunches. It's a shame because like I said, at times this offense under Kirk moved up and down the field and was dropping 40+ and 30+ points.

You are correct, he did get rattled. That is where play calling comes in. When you see your QB struggling, you call some screens, slants, etc as well as some running plays to help him find his grove again and catch his breath. What you don't call for is a 15 yd crossing pattern over the LB but in front of the S. That is a precision pass that is very difficult. That is also where KC ended up throwing many of his INTs.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you guys on Kirk vs. Griff. But I don't see how you can look any more rattled than Griffin against Tampa Bay.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you guys on Kirk vs. Griff. But I don't see how you can look any more rattled than Griffin against Tampa Bay.

Its interesting how the both reacted when rattled. Kirk makes bad reads and rushes throws. Robert makes no reads and really never gives the play a chance. He almost freezes. Not sure which one is more curable.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Cousins for a 4th or 5th rounder (if they can get that), draft a QB to sit behind RGIII for 1 or 2 seasons and if Griffin doesn't show improvement let him go in 1 or 2 seasons and go with the drafted QB.

RGIII needs to be totally healthy before he's judged and he was supposed to miss the entire season, but he came back too early.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Cousins for a 4th or 5th rounder (if they can get that), draft a QB to sit behind RGIII for 1 or 2 seasons and if Griffin doesn't show improvement let him go in 1 or 2 seasons and go with the drafted QB.

RGIII needs to be totally healthy before he's judged and he was supposed to miss the entire season, but he came back too early.

The problem with this is we don't have RG3 past this upcoming season. So do we exercise his option for one more year at an expensive price? We have to make that decision soon. If not, be becomes a FA after next year. Or do we wait and franchise him for that second season at an even more expensive price?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you guys mean by "rattled" but the way I see it, neither of them had any faith in the protection. Kirk got rid of the ball quickly to protect himself then reacted poorly after the interceptions. RGIII on the other hand had no trust from snap, maybe the inuries were a factor, who knows?? But almost immediately at snap began looking for an escape route and not down field. To me the reaction after the fact determines state of mind or who's been "rattled".....no trust in their protections explains what they did at the plays' inception.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense get better and the running game gets better and the o line gets better rg3 is more then capable of winning I think gm mcclue will go this route