• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still laughing at the Trubinsky and McCaffrey hype. This happens every year. Trubinsky sat behind an awful QB at UNC and after 1 year starting he's better than Deshaun Watson who lit up a BAMA defense with plenty of pros.

McCaffrey never even played a top 10 defense but once last year and did JACK SQUAT

View attachment 158744
I completely agree both are over rated imo. The only solid defense I recall McCaffery playing last year.Aside from Iowa he actually decided to play his bowl game last year.Was Northwestern who shut him down and forced a fumble. I'm just not impressed with Trubinsky or McCaffery

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree both are over rated imo. The only solid defense I recall McCaffery playing last year.Aside from Iowa he actually decided to play his bowl game last year.Was Northwestern who shut him down and forced a fumble. I'm just not impressed with Trubinsky or McCaffery

And I wouldn't even call NW a solid defense. Washington is who I was referring to.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not picking on Cleveland but this is what I saw. Can't blame his first pick you have to take Garrett or trade back but it was still a need. Don't blame the QB if that's your guy. Pick 56 he could have found a 2nd S or picked a better OT that is a need as DT wasn't or traded up or back to get one. Oh wait he did trade up but why if it wasn't a need??? That's what got me is that resources could have been better used and he could have hit everything. Other GM's hit everything and picked BPA for the most part but simply didn't have the same kind of firepower.

CLEVELAND BROWNS - SHANE

1.1 : Myles Garrett - DE - Texas A&M #7 NEED
1.12 : Mitch Trubisky - QB - North Carolina #1 NEED
2.33 : Budda Baker - FS - Washington #3 NEED
2.52 : Quincy Wilson - CB - Florida #4 NEED
2.56 : Montravius Adams - DT - Auburn *NO NEED
4.108 : Malachi Dupre - WR - LSU #6 NEED
5.175 : Joe Williams - RB - Utah *NO NEED
5.181 : Brad Seaton - OT - Villanova #5 NEED
6.185 : Josh Carraway - OLB - TCU *NO NEED
6.188 : Dwayne Thomas - CB - LSU *#4 Double down

TRADES: 65 & 145 to N.Y. Jets for 56

Team Needs:Walter Football
  1. Quarterback: The Browns desperately need a franchise quarterback, as it's clear that Cody Kessler is nothing more than a long-term backup. There's talk that Cleveland will take Mitch Trubisky with the No. 1 overall pick. Traded for Brock Osweiler

2. Center: Cleveland had one of the worst centers in the NFL starting for them in 2016. Cameron Erving has been a colossal flop, and the Browns need to do everything in their power to make sure he's not in the opening lineup come September. Fortunately for the Browns, they have two second-round picks to find a new center. Signed J.C. Tretter

3. Two Safeties: The Browns need a lot of work done on their defense, beginning with the secondary, which is an absolute mess. They have some of the weakest safeties in the NFL playing for them, and the best of the bunch - more like the least-worst player - is Jordan Poyer, who happens to be an impending free agent.

4. Cornerback: An e-mailer had a great quote about Joe Haden, calling him the "oldest 27-year-old on the planet." Haden can't stay healthy, so the Browns need to find at least one new cornerback this offseason.

5. Right Tackle: Here's more offensive line help for the Browns, who really missed the Kansas City-bound Mitchell Schwartz.

6. Wide Receiver: Terrelle Pryor and Josh Gordon both have expiring contracts this March. Retaining one of them will be key, and if it's the latter, the Browns better hope that he stays out of trouble. Signed Kenny Britt

7. Edge Rusher: The Browns will be hoping that one of their young pass-rushers - Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert, Nate Orchard - pans out, but until then, they need a better edge player. No one would blame Cleveland if it chose Myles Garrett No. 1 overall.

8. Inside Linebacker: Cleveland traded a third-round pick for Jamie Collins, so I can't imagine the front office letting him walk. Re-signed Jamie Collins

9. Punter: Britton Colquitt will be hitting free agency. Re-signed Britton Colquitt

Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Offseason Page - Cleveland Browns - Team Needs, Season Preview, Free Agents, Salary Cap

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itsca tough call. Personally I think he's by far one of the best talent wise in the draft. But the off the field actions. Are too much of a risk for me to feel comfortable. With the Raiders picking him unless he seriously dropped. Feeling a lot better with Lynch signing regardless of his age. He seems very excited to be a raider. That Oakland/New England game in Mexico just got a lot more interesting imo
If he's up to par it will be a great move for the Raiders.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland winning is all because they had a ton of picks, not because they used them well.

I think I actually did a pretty good job, not gonna say I was the best drafter bc honestly a lot of guys did great...very hard to judge. I just tried to fill the Browns needs and not reach for them. #1 Garrett is an automatic + for me bc it's the best player in the draft...kinda unfair. I thought some thought I was reach with Mitch at 11 but I felt it hit a major need and other targets I wanted were gone. Point is, this mock is near impossible to judge

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not picking on Cleveland but this is what I saw. Can't blame his first pick you have to take Garrett or trade back but it was still a need. Don't blame the QB if that's your guy. Pick 56 he could have found a 2nd S or picked a better OT that is a need as DT wasn't or traded up or back to get one. Oh wait he did trade up but why if it wasn't a need??? That's what got me is that resources could have been better used and he could have hit everything. Other GM's hit everything and picked BPA for the most part but simply didn't have the same kind of firepower.

CLEVELAND BROWNS - SHANE

1.1 : Myles Garrett - DE - Texas A&M #7 NEED
1.12 : Mitch Trubisky - QB - North Carolina #1 NEED
2.33 : Budda Baker - FS - Washington #3 NEED
2.52 : Quincy Wilson - CB - Florida #4 NEED
2.56 : Montravius Adams - DT - Auburn *NO NEED
4.108 : Malachi Dupre - WR - LSU #6 NEED
5.175 : Joe Williams - RB - Utah *NO NEED
5.181 : Brad Seaton - OT - Villanova #5 NEED
6.185 : Josh Carraway - OLB - TCU *NO NEED
6.188 : Dwayne Thomas - CB - LSU *#4 Double down

TRADES: 65 & 145 to N.Y. Jets for 56

Team Needs:Walter Football
  1. Quarterback: The Browns desperately need a franchise quarterback, as it's clear that Cody Kessler is nothing more than a long-term backup. There's talk that Cleveland will take Mitch Trubisky with the No. 1 overall pick. Traded for Brock Osweiler

2. Center: Cleveland had one of the worst centers in the NFL starting for them in 2016. Cameron Erving has been a colossal flop, and the Browns need to do everything in their power to make sure he's not in the opening lineup come September. Fortunately for the Browns, they have two second-round picks to find a new center. Signed J.C. Tretter

3. Two Safeties: The Browns need a lot of work done on their defense, beginning with the secondary, which is an absolute mess. They have some of the weakest safeties in the NFL playing for them, and the best of the bunch - more like the least-worst player - is Jordan Poyer, who happens to be an impending free agent.

4. Cornerback: An e-mailer had a great quote about Joe Haden, calling him the "oldest 27-year-old on the planet." Haden can't stay healthy, so the Browns need to find at least one new cornerback this offseason.

5. Right Tackle: Here's more offensive line help for the Browns, who really missed the Kansas City-bound Mitchell Schwartz.

6. Wide Receiver: Terrelle Pryor and Josh Gordon both have expiring contracts this March. Retaining one of them will be key, and if it's the latter, the Browns better hope that he stays out of trouble. Signed Kenny Britt

7. Edge Rusher: The Browns will be hoping that one of their young pass-rushers - Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert, Nate Orchard - pans out, but until then, they need a better edge player. No one would blame Cleveland if it chose Myles Garrett No. 1 overall.

8. Inside Linebacker: Cleveland traded a third-round pick for Jamie Collins, so I can't imagine the front office letting him walk. Re-signed Jamie Collins

9. Punter: Britton Colquitt will be hitting free agency. Re-signed Britton Colquitt

Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Offseason Page - Cleveland Browns - Team Needs, Season Preview, Free Agents, Salary Cap

I do look at Walter but I look at a bunch of sites and most say a big need is a DT. You know they are switching to a 4-3. Shelton is getting better but they dont have anyone. IMO that is a huge need. So basically I reached to get a RB but did I really. The Browns have Crowell and Duke, Duke isnt much of a back more of a receiver and Crowell has a one year deal. I guarantee I can look at anyones draft and see they either reached or took a gamble at a position bc they liked the player. I did have a ton of picks and that definitely helps a lot though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say.. I voted on body of work and value.

Cleveland to me had a easy pick at #1 overall and a stud. Trubinsky is a joke. A 1 year college starter and a future bust at QB. The 2nd round pick Baker was good but the other 2nds were ok and projected in the 2nd or 3rd. Dupre was a good pick in the 4th.

Based on amount of picks yeah it was tough to beat, but did he kill it? Not at all

It is so difficult to judge...I didnt expect to win so there's that lol. There are a ton of sites...some had that CB from Florida going late 1st early 2nd. So hard to judge until the actual draft and they do just as much reaching and there are so many unexpected picks there as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Garrett is a bust, you could definitely go with the DPOY in Jonathan Allen from BAMA. Cleveland could take Fournette at #1 overall and come back with Allen at #12. You still get your DE.

Or you trade down and get more picks + get TACO and you still get your DE. Taco is a beast.

The thing about the Browns getting a RB at one is...it doesnt fill a major need AND if he does bust it will look even more terrible. If a player is projected to be a star, the best overall prospect and it fills a need. You take that player 100 oit of 100 times...if he is a bust you still made the right decision but there isnt a very high chance he will completely bust, more of a chance he is at least an above average player if not great

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the can't miss player in this draft is Jamal Adams...

If the Browns could trade up to get Jamal Adams and get Garrett that would be the best draft ever lol. If they trade up they will get Mitch which IMO they dont need to trade up to get him but there are a ton of teams that need a QB

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still laughing at the Trubinsky and McCaffrey hype. This happens every year. Trubinsky sat behind an awful QB at UNC and after 1 year starting he's better than Deshaun Watson who lit up a BAMA defense with plenty of pros.

McCaffrey never even played a top 10 defense but once last year and did JACK SQUAT

View attachment 158744

You dont really know until you see them in action. That being said, I wouldnt mind the Browns getting him at pick 33. I guarantee he goes 11 or earlier though, teams need QB's

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Browns getting a RB at one is...it doesnt fill a major need AND if he does bust it will look even more terrible. If a player is projected to be a star, the best overall prospect and it fills a need. You take that player 100 oit of 100 times...if he is a bust you still made the right decision but there isnt a very high chance he will completely bust, more of a chance he is at least an above average player if not great

You all could go Fournette and Allen at DE or Garrett and Cook at RB with those picks. Go defense the rest of the way. Maybe get a WR. Let Osweiler be a game manager for now.

Both scenarios are stupid good. All 4 of those guys will be beasts - what's going to be the difference is injuries.

Either way Cleveland is loaded with picks and if they kill it, you all are set because that division isn't young

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd get Fournette and a bunch of defense and pound the fucking rock.

We've seen the movie before

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point in Cleveland having a "fall back" plan at QB with someone like Davis Webb. What exactly does that get you, another future backup like Kessler?

If they truly like a QB enough to take one at 12, then do it. Otherwise, there's always next year. They have enough backup QB types already. If I were the Browns' GM, I would have to be blown away by one of these QBs to pull the trigger.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do look at Walter but I look at a bunch of sites and most say a big need is a DT. You know they are switching to a 4-3. Shelton is getting better but they dont have anyone. IMO that is a huge need. So basically I reached to get a RB but did I really. The Browns have Crowell and Duke, Duke isnt much of a back more of a receiver and Crowell has a one year deal. I guarantee I can look at anyones draft and see they either reached or took a gamble at a position bc they liked the player. I did have a ton of picks and that definitely helps a lot though.
Please don't take it the wrong way I was just letting you know that even though you had a ton of picks you still missed a second S and could have picked your OT sooner. If DT is a bigger need I only questioned it because Walter didn't have it and they are pretty accurate it was a very high pick as well. I will stand corrected on that. The goal was to discuss how we can better rank a draft as a team with only 7 picks should have a chance against a team with 12 as its how you handle what you have to deal with. I like the plus minus that stokes did and bonuses for needs but we have to wait until after the draft using that tool.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all could go Fournette and Allen at DE or Garrett and Cook at RB with those picks. Go defense the rest of the way. Maybe get a WR. Let Osweiler be a game manager for now.

Both scenarios are stupid good. All 4 of those guys will be beasts - what's going to be the difference is injuries.

Either way Cleveland is loaded with picks and if they kill it, you all are set because that division isn't young
I may have gone Garrett and Cook and Wtason was still there in the third. I don't get the Trubinsky hype personally. Really he had one solid season statistical. And from what I remember he runs an RPO offense out of the shotgun. An RPO QB without the weapons to run or pass too is at a disadvantage.

I'm really sure why Watson isn't getting much love with the scouts. He put up better numbers on a much more consistent rate.Plays a style more suited for the NFL.And showed the ability to succeed winning a national championship. Agains a defense loaded with 1st round to 2nd round picks.

Same conference I could subtract the play off stats. But they also reflect success

Trubinsky

4AIiK1j.png

Eg7yjY3.png

Watson

fPYiWQJ.png

CdqWiwr.png

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know why Watson isn't getting much love...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was far and away the best pick from last year's mock.

It may prove that way - but the ranking system puts a premium on picking players that were picked farther ahead at the beginning - and performance comes into play as they play longer. Prescott was picked 9 spots lower in the mock than he really was - but it was his 16 AV that even made him get near the top 10 (169 total points). Thuney on the otherhand was picked 166 picks later than he really was and put up an 8 AV (246 points). By the time they have played 2 or 3 seasons, I expect Prescott to move to the top.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, because no one asked for it - 2015 ranks:

Top 10 picks:

1. Jameis Winston (Tampa Bay, 1)
  2. Donovan Smith (Carolina, 89)
  3. Jamison Crowder (Oakland, 222)
  4. Marcus Peters (Pittsburgh, 22)
  5. David Johnson (San Diego, 83)
  6. Frank Clark (New York Jets, 223)
  7. Marcus Mariota (St. Louis, 10)
  8. Mitch Morse (Tampa Bay, 109)
  9. Benardrick McKinney (Indianapolis, 61)
  10. David Parry (Minnesota, 228)