• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garret is as close to a sure thing as i've seen in quite a while.
I wouldn't go that far at all. I do think his upside is higher than just about any player Ive seen recently but Im definitely not convinced he is a sure thing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far at all. I do think his upside is higher than just about any player Ive seen recently but Im definitely not convinced he is a sure thing.
I think he's close there is a lot of quality defense in this draft too . I'm not sold on Trubisky either tho. I actually like Watson and Mahoney upside more. And as far as raw Qbs have Kizer over him as well. With Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Falk just naming a few. And other positions thinning out that are deeper in this years draft. I'm not sure any teams should go QB in the first round. A lot of scouts were saying there was more talk about Darnold at the combine. Than the QBs that were actually there. See how the season goes

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the can't miss player in this draft is Jamal Adams...
I liked the mixon pick. As long as he keeps the off the field problems in check. He may arguably be the best RB in this draft. He was very impressive on the field . And posted great numbers at Oklahomas pro day.What are your thoughts nos?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the mixon pick. As long as he keeps the off the field problems in check. He may arguably be the best RB in this draft. He was very impressive on the field . And posted great numbers at Oklahomas pro day.What are your thoughts nos?

I don't typically risk a 1st round pick on a player who is 50/50 to get himself kicked out of the league, great talent no question but for the same reason I like Adams so much is what makes me stay away from Mixon. What he's got between the ears...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many RBs in this draft to go after Mixon, imo.

It looks like he'll go somewhere between Denver in rd1 and Tampa Bay in rd2 which probably means he would've gone top 10 if he didnt have the off the field issues.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't typically risk a 1st round pick on a player who is 50/50 to get himself kicked out of the league, great talent no question but for the same reason I like Adams so much is what makes me stay away from Mixon. What he's got between the ears...
I agree. I do find it interesting that the bulk of the talk was how far he was going to drop. Some experts even went as far as to claim he was undeaftable. And that's seemed to take a turn. He's getting some buzz now. Following his pro day and a few other things. To where it seems more like teams are looking at him. A lot more like how far can we let him slide before grabbing him.

His incident was terrible. And he is a risk. Bit there seems to be an odd balance of risk to talent going on with him now

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many RBs in this draft to go after Mixon, imo.

It looks like he'll go somewhere between Denver in rd1 and Tampa Bay in rd2 which probably means he would've gone top 10 if he didnt have the off the field issues.
I agree I don't see him dropping real far. But he may have been top 10 if he had it together. It is a good draft for backs. Im not a fan of McCaffery tho. But I am a little biased on that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I don't see him dropping real far. But he may have been top 10 if he had it together. It is a good draft for backs. Im not a fan of McCaffery tho. But I am a little biased on that.
Theres a lot of possible smoke going on right now.

Walterfootball was reporting that McCaffrey is Carolina's #1 RB and they'd absolutely take him.

They're also saying that Davis Webb is the Browns backup plan if they can't get Trubisky and that the Browns might end up trading up to the Jets spot to make sure they can get Trubisky. People saying that Shaneman had a mediocre draft might be surprised at what the real Browns actually get out of this by comparison.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a lot of possible smoke going on right now.

Walterfootball was reporting that McCaffrey is Carolina's #1 RB and they'd absolutely take him.

They're also saying that Davis Webb is the Browns backup plan if they can't get Trubisky and that the Browns might end up trading up to the Jets spot to make sure they can get Trubisky. People saying that Shaneman had a mediocre draft might be surprised at what the real Browns actually get out of this by comparison.
Webb may actually be a good value. But if I'm a team in need of a QB I'm waiting until at least the 2nd round. With next years QB draft class. I would think about loading on weapons this year. And aiming QB next year.

When it comes to McCaffery I am biased. I saw a lot of McCaffery. And he did run over SC. But I just cant see him as anything other than special teams,slot wr or situational back. I could be wrong.But he just reminds me of Toby Gerhart 2.0

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
_
Wait, It's both of you guys' birthday today? @femurov @beardown07 ??

Happy Day!

879ve.gif

Thanks, man...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really though? I mean Cleveland has a ton of holes, he got two corners, and a pretty damn good safety.
Addressed LB's, and a RB that could be pretty damn good, ( if he doesn't fall out of love with football again)
Trading up for Adams, ( IMO is gonna be a stud) cost him a 3rd round pick this year.
I cross referenced it to Walter Footballs needs which are pretty damn accurate and he was missing a few things. He had enough picks to at least attempt to fill them all and then some. If anything you should be able to hit the top ones with that many picks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comes back down to the argument between best player on the board. And best fit to fill a need imo. Garret is as close to a sure thing as i've seen in quite a while. He was a monster on the field and killed it at the combine. I wasn't sure on the Trubisky pick. He is a top tier QB and arguably has the highest potential out of all the QB's in the draft. But you have to bear in mind from what i've seen. The bulk of his snaps came out of the shotgun. And he was primarily an RPO QB. When it comes to Trubisky I think he is either going to need. A team with the weapons and system to thrive. A team to commit to building around his style. Or an adjustment period to alter his style.

The Browns lost their top receiver in Prior. Crowell had a decent season and Johnson has potential. You could argue John Ross or Dalvin Cook may have been the best available players at the time based on needs. And still had Watson and Mahomes on the board to start the 3rd. Or a much deeper talented QB class next year. With QB's on the roster to function as a stop gap. Baker is a great player but Melifonwu was still on the board. Who is 1st round talent. I may have gone safety later tho. And gone Garrett then Ross/Cook followed by Watson.

The Williams pick could be a sleeper pick and compliment Trubisky. But he has quit the game before.But the off the field issues don't bother me.As much as his ability to hold on to the ball. Thats something he's really going to have to work on at the next level.

Don't get me wrong I did like Browns's draft. But this is a good example of what you are saying. Is BPA the top player left on the board. Or does the teams dynamics and needs factor into determining the BPA? Its a very hard judgement call imo
As someone said before it goes in tiers. If the actually BPA isn't a need you could still pick them if they are that good or trade back get more picks and get the next tier down that's a need. OF course you may not be able to trade down. You could also trade up and get the BPA at your position. In a perfect world you slide up and down as needed that makes for a killer draft.

When doing these it shouldn't be who had the most firepower to begin with it's what you did with what you had. Should you win if you had 5 first round picks to start without maximizing it? I don't think so...and if anything you should come out that much further ahead than the guy who only had 1 first round pick and possibly more because of the added flexibility that you have.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone said before it goes in tiers. If the actually BPA isn't a need you could still pick them if they are that good or trade back get more picks and get the next tier down that's a need. OF course you may not be able to trade down. You could also trade up and get the BPA at your position. In a perfect world you slide up and down as needed that makes for a killer draft.

When doing these it shouldn't be who had the most firepower to begin with it's what you did with what you had. Should you win if you had 5 first round picks to start without maximizing it? I don't think so...and if anything you should come out that much further ahead than the guy who only had 1 first round pick and possibly more because of the added flexibility that you have.
I agree with the tier method. But i do think there are several variables that determine BPA. Talent level of a player,Need,Fit..... And when you add the flow of the draft. Depth at position and availability becomes another factor. BPA can take on many meanings . The ultimate goal is coming out of the draft with the biggest improvement to your team as possible .Filling team needs is important to hit that goal imo

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to weigh the risk with guys like mixon as they say its not ability its availability....tough to take that chance in the first round.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the tier method. But i do think there are several variables that determine BPA. Talent level of a player,Need,Fit..... And when you add the flow of the draft. Depth at position and availability becomes another factor. BPA can take on many meanings . The ultimate goal is coming out of the draft with the biggest improvement to your team as possible .Filling team needs is important to hit that goal imo
Yes agreed but its hard for everyone to judge this without looking at the team needs and overall knowing how much they did improve their team. As I said before being a fan of the Fins I would be ecstatic with this draft they would not only be better now but more prepared for the future by getting younger at positions that are aging. Casual observers would have no clue. I like Stokes evaluation after the draft as that would at least show how well you drafted in comparison to the league and you get bonuses for hitting needs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to weigh the risk with guys like mixon as they say its not ability its availability....tough to take that chance in the first round.
Itsca tough call. Personally I think he's by far one of the best talent wise in the draft. But the off the field actions. Are too much of a risk for me to feel comfortable. With the Raiders picking him unless he seriously dropped. Feeling a lot better with Lynch signing regardless of his age. He seems very excited to be a raider. That Oakland/New England game in Mexico just got a lot more interesting imo

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes agreed but its hard for everyone to judge this without looking at the team needs and overall knowing how much they did improve their team. As I said before being a fan of the Fins I would be ecstatic with this draft they would not only be better now but more prepared for the future by getting younger at positions that are aging. Casual observers would have no clue. I like Stokes evaluation after the draft as that would at least show how well you drafted in comparison to the league and you get bonuses for hitting needs.
I'm looking forward to the post draft evaluations. As well as seeing how close we all came during the draft

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still laughing at the Trubinsky and McCaffrey hype. This happens every year. Trubinsky sat behind an awful QB at UNC and after 1 year starting he's better than Deshaun Watson who lit up a BAMA defense with plenty of pros.

McCaffrey never even played a top 10 defense but once last year and did JACK SQUAT

image.gif