• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed you can be tough and say BPA or bust but if you don't have two starting CB'S you better draft at least one good one early or you'll get killed out there. That's my point there are needs and there are emergencies! Walter did a great job of tracking this through FA.

I respect everyone's opinion and I myself use WalterFootball just to get another perspective but I used NFL.com alot and even cBS as well as a couple others, and obviously there are situations where BPA just isn't the best idea like if you have Darrelle Revis and Richard Sherman as your corners you probably don't wanna take a corner with the 10th pick in the draft but it's even more of a mistake IMO to reach for a middle of the road player just because said player plays a position of need, as I said that leads to a study diet of 8 - 8...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect everyone's opinion and I myself use WalterFootball just to get another perspective but I used NFL.com alot and even cBS as well as a couple others, and obviously there are situations where BPA just isn't the best idea like if you have Darrelle Revis and Richard Sherman as your corners you probably don't wanna take a corner with the 10th pick in the draft but it's even more of a mistake IMO to reach for a middle of the road player just because said player plays a position of need, as I said that leads to a study diet of 8 - 8...
Yes agreed and that's why it's nice to have the trade option makes it more realistic. I could have taken Watt, Cunningham, Taco, Lamp, etc...at 22 but chose to trade back get the extra picks and I still ended up with a guy I liked who fit the scheme. I was also able to add a solid DT with the extra pick. Sometimes you can't trade as you need a dance partner so you definitely should go BPA. Either way everyone did well it was a great draft IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me its like 80% BPA within scheme, 10% need, 10% positional value. Trading up for Lamp was almost specifically because I thought he was BPA on the board and the clear #1 Guard prospect. If I would've stayed put and taken Kizer then I'd probably have a good number of people wondering why I didn't take Watson or Mahomes.

Guard isn't a dire need for KC at all but their oline really isn't a strength, either. They got Ehinger last year but I wasn't really high on him coming out and was kind of stunned when he was starting day 1. The numbers say he was an okay starter but then he got banged up and Ware's numbers as a whole were much better in the passing game then the run game. KC also got lucky last year in that both of their tackles were healthy even though Fisher really does a couple of braindead things every game. Long term, maybe Lamp could play Left Tackle even with Trex arms. In that case, he also checks the 'positional value' box, too.

That being said, you can't go on to an NFL field without a QB or serviceable CBs. I'm with FlyerFin that there are emergency spots but the funny thing is that you can usually fill those in rd3, 4 or maybe even 5. You dont need to reach in rd1 to fill emergency spots.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked the the tier method. So if you are OTC and 2 players are left in your tier one you take the highest position of need. You never take a lower tier if a player is left still in the higher tier no matter the need.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked the the tier method. So if you are OTC and 2 players are left in your tier one you take the highest position of need. You never take a lower tier if a player is left still in the higher tier no matter the need.

That brought a tier to mine eye...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thats how the real NFL draft works which is why you see so many trades. The GMs know the tiers and know when to make their move up to grab a player they covet.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to absolute for my taste... But I agree that tiers are the way to go... just disagree that you cant pass on the last player of a tier before going to the lesser one... every pick you make, your team changes, your tiers kind of need to as well...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to absolute for my taste... But I agree that tiers are the way to go... just disagree that you cant pass on the last player of a tier before going to the lesser one... every pick you make, your team changes, your tiers kind of need to as well...
Agreed because if you take that CB on your need list and next time another one is there it's tough to double down when other parts of your team need attention although some teams still do as that's their policy. I would prefer instead to trade down and get into your next tier so you aren't reaching. reaching will kill you!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you think had the top 5 drafts, not including yourself. I had given up on you, hope everything is okay...
Yeah sorry I had my final for nursing to see if I graduated with my degree or not. I shut everything off for a few days. I thought I sent you a message. Apparently it didn't send. Give me a few and I'll get you my rankings.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sorry I had my final for nursing to see if I graduated with my degree or not. I shut everything off for a few days. I thought I sent you a message. Apparently it didn't send. Give me a few and I'll get you my rankings.
Good luck hope that you did well! Now go have a :suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about just calling it, not getting anything from Moose and Purguy says he's busy at work...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about just calling it, not getting anything from Moose and Purguy says he's busy at work...
I'd call it if neither of them are the winners. Otherwise in a weird way it might be an advantage for them.

edit

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy said he gets home at 6 and Moose said he will be home soon