• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with the fins, they weren't exactly great at anything(said by a jet fan, i see the irony)
Haha I expected as much. In reality they did pretty good with what they had....injuries they were decimated on D by the end of the season and lost their starting QB and C. Either way couldn't stop the run all year should be better after a strong D draft. If they start taking WR then all is lost!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its comical how you can go to various sites and everyone has different team needs. For most it's pretty blatant sure some teams could upgrade but when you have huge starting roster holes that's a true need in my books. Then comes rotational starters and depth.
I agree. I also think that's in part to a lot of sites seeking click bait. Not having the knowledge of the teams that fans do. Not having a college football background and relying solely on draft hype and player rankings. Not taking the time to think through. How each player effects the dynamics of the teams. As well as the players drafted. Odds are the NDL draft has a different result. This is where I'm very impressed with this mock draft and the results of it. A lot of great strategies incorporated with knowledge. I had a blast already looking forward to next year. And other drafts this year. You're all a great group :suds:

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I also think that's in part to a lot of sites seeking click bait. Not having the knowledge of the teams that fans do. Not having a college football background and relying solely on draft hype and player rankings. Not taking the time to think through. How each player effects the dynamics of the teams. As well as the players drafted. Odds are the NDL draft has a different result. This is where I'm very impressed with this mock draft and the results of it. A lot of great strategies incorporated with knowledge. I had a blast already looking forward to next year. And other drafts this year. You're all a great group :suds:
Agreed it's nice when everyone knows their team and the guys who took on different teams did a pretty decent job of trying to figure it out. I found Walters to be the closest other sites are just way behind on needs. I credit Walters for that. I focused mainly on the needs but if a stud falls to you he must be taken which messes things up in a weird way when doing these but the team would be ecstatic!

I think the guys who know college better would fair well when graded after the draft as their guys will most likely get picked. That's why I'd like to incorporate both not that I would be helped but those guys deserve to be recognized for their knowledge or dumb luck. Either way this was a blast no doubt about it as you feel like you are the GM!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it's nice when everyone knows their team and the guys who took on different teams did a pretty decent job of trying to figure it out. I found Walters to be the closest other sites are just way behind on needs. I credit Walters for that. I focused mainly on the needs but if a stud falls to you he must be taken which messes things up in a weird way when doing these but the team would be ecstatic!

I think the guys who know college better would fair well when graded after the draft as their guys will most likely get picked. That's why I'd like to incorporate both not that I would be helped but those guys deserve to be recognized for their knowledge or dumb luck. Either way this was a blast no doubt about it as you feel like you are the GM!!!

how can you expect site by site to be accurate on needs if you talk to 5 different fans of a team and they willl all disagree...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you expect site by site to be accurate on needs if you talk to 5 different fans of a team and they willl all disagree...

Holy shit, I agree with something Milk said...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing earlier but if you know your team and you are not insane you can blatantly see the major flaws and what needs to be fixed. If your team is ranked 30th against the run you better look at your front 7 as an example. If you don't have a RB then you better draft one. Some people don't understand football and that it's a team game so you can't help them...haha!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the thing for me and it will never change and Flyer and I talked about this before. I would rather take a great young player at a position I don't absolutely need to upgrade than take a decent player at a position of need. In my opinion teams who do draft for need rather than taking the best players are teams that wallow in mediocrity...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing earlier but if you know your team and you are not insane you can blatantly see the major flaws and what needs to be fixed. If your team is ranked 30th against the run you better look at your front 7 as an example. If you don't have a RB then you better draft one. Some people don't understand football and that it's a team game so you can't help them...haha!

in your example, if your front 7 is SOOO weak, one player might not make the difference... you may think it is obvious to get BPA at that position needed, but sometimes an indirect fix works just as well... If you already have a good secondary, if you can improve it then it takes some pressure and responsibilities away from other players to possibly improve that front 7...

the way i see it, there are 3 ways to make a pick:
1. BPA
2. Best player that fits your biggest holes
3. Best player at a team strength, to make that even stronger...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the thing for me and it will never change and Flyer and I talked about this before. I would rather take a great young player at a position I don't absolutely need to upgrade than take a decent player at a position of need. In my opinion teams who do draft for need rather than taking the best players are teams that wallow in mediocrity...
I like to run a situational based system. I try to go for the best player available that fills a need. While filling other needs. The theory certain skill sets enhance other positions on the team.I also think certain picks enhance other picks while also filling needs. Best player available can take on several meanings. It could be what player rates the highest as an individual. Or it could be what player brings the most to the team. And elevates the preexisting structure. But thats just my opinion.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I miss the Al Davis days. Of drafting based on 40 times. And well Jamarcus Russell. :L

I used to cringe come draft day

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I miss the Al Davis days. Of drafting based on 40 times. And well Jamarcus Russell. :L

I used to cringe come draft day

Yeah 2007 the Raiders passed on Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson & Joe Thomas... Ouchy

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2007 the Raiders passed on Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson & Joe Thomas... Ouchy
I try not to remember that. I wanted them to draft Calvin Johnson back then. Let's also not forget. They passed on Aaron Rodgers who dropped in their laps. For who was it Fabian Washington and his 40 time?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to run a situational based system. I try to go for the best player available that fills a need. While filling other needs. The theory certain skill sets enhance other positions on the team.I also think certain picks enhance other picks while also filling needs. Best player available can take on several meanings. It could be what player rates the highest as an individual. Or it could be what player brings the most to the team. And elevates the preexisting structure. But thats just my opinion.
That's a better way to say it but exactly what I meant. Always take the best player but obviously if you have a tie breaker you have to go with the position that helps your team the most. Sometimes it comes down to money positions which is something that we never used to consider but in the cap era we now do. I purposely traded back because to me I knew I'd have 3-4 players that would help the Fins but were all relatively the same. Why not get your guy and get another third rounder or more? Of course if a true stud falls you have to make the pick I noticed some teams actually traded up or down too much leaving them too watered down or with not enough picks.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a better way to say it but exactly what I meant. Always take the best player but obviously if you have a tie breaker you have to go with the position that helps your team the most. Sometimes it comes down to money positions which is something that we never used to consider but in the cap era we now do. I purposely traded back because to me I knew I'd have 3-4 players that would help the Fins but were all relatively the same. Why not get your guy and get another third rounder or more? Of course if a true stud falls you have to make the pick I noticed some teams actually traded up or down too much leaving them too watered down or with not enough picks.
I think part of it is almost read and react. Making adjustments on the fly in response to trends. Like I did get Jackson but corners started flying off the board fast. While there were corners I would have liked to add. There were other needs that needed to be addressed. It almost morphed into grab the best player needed at the best time too. Then dress the rest in other ways.Like Tedric Thompson who played a huge role in the colorado secondary supporting their top tier cbs. Complimented Jackson And would be great to Develop with Karl Joseph's style who they drafted last year. Having to get creative with the flow of the draft makes it that much more fun imo. Regardless of who ranks where.After comparing our draft to other mocks drafts from draft sites. I would say we all smoked them

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can wrap this up today...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and even team needs is relative... Sure a team can have no WR, but if they are a run first offense, does it need to be a high priority??

Sometimes, i think strengthen a team strength is more important than filling a team need...

I'm of the opinion that a team is better off adding the best talent possible in the draft (within reason of course; you don't draft the top QB if you have an all pro in his prime at the position) and filling needs in free agency.

Unfortunately, these teams typically leave glaring holes even after free agency.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion that a team is better off adding the best talent possible in the draft (within reason of course; you don't draft the top QB if you have an all pro in his prime at the position) and filling needs in free agency.

Unfortunately, these teams typically leave glaring holes even after free agency.
Agreed you can be tough and say BPA or bust but if you don't have two starting CB'S you better draft at least one good one early or you'll get killed out there. That's my point there are needs and there are emergencies! Walter did a great job of tracking this through FA.