• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No way OU makes the playoff

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not either...but we were forced into a Bama/LSU one a few years ago. There must be some people that don't mind 'em.

What I don't like is you guys being punished for being willing to play a good OOC. Had you not been willing to do that, you'd be 11-0 and everyone would be oohing and aahing....when in fact, you'd still be the same team in reality.

You're probably right, but if that's the case, then SOS virtually means nothing. Personally, I think name alone carries a lot of weight. OKST got denied a shot at the national title years ago because of who they are. Had it been OU instead of OKST, we'd have watched them and LSU play for the title.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, but if that's the case, then SOS virtually means nothing. Personally, I think name alone carries a lot of weight. OKST got denied a shot at the national title years ago because of who they are. Had it been OU instead of OKST, we'd have watched them and LSU play for the title.
It appears the committee is talking out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to OOC. They say they will reward good ones and punish bad ones ala Baylor two years ago and Washington this year. Guess that only works if you win all of your OOC games. A team might as well schedule easy ones and roll the dice as to whether they get dinged for it later.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the committee is talking out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to OOC. They say they will reward good ones and punish bad ones ala Baylor two years ago and Washington this year. Guess that only works if you win all of your OOC games. A team might as well schedule easy ones and roll the dice as to whether they get dinged for it later.

Agreed. One thing we know for sure is that losses are credibility killers. Win by 1 point to a team that's 3 & 7 and it has no impact on your ranking.. LOL!

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all realize this right?

I mean, everyone knows they won't let us play 'Bama in the first round.

'Bama would have to lose to Auburn or Florida for us to get in at #4.
Tryin the ol' reverse jinx here?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our admin starts looking at these brass tacks. Tough OOC scheduling is stupid now. Too much risk, too little reward.

So proud of you, man...so proud

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance OU with 2 losses get in over OSU with 2 losses. Unless the committee didn't have a TV when OSU hammered OU in their own house.

Unfortunately for OU. They have one win vs a team ranked in the CFP top 25. That is WVU, who has zero wins against the CFP top 25.

The Big 12 is just a mess right now and that kills any chance for OU, after getting handled convincingly twice in OOC.
You might not like it, but sometimes it's more about when you lost that who you lost to. Losing those games early and then going undefeated might be better, in the committee's eyes than losing late, and playing the way OSU has played these last couple games...they use the eye test too

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't get my hopes up Wishbone. If OSU loses, do you think you are leapfrogging them? If OSU wins and PSU goes on to the CCG against Wisconsin. Do you think OU is going ahead of a 2 loss Wisconsin, who took OSU to OT or a 2 loss PSU who beat OSU?

You would need totally anarchy to happen in the Pac-12 to have a shot to get in. If Washington State wins out -- you'd have a chance.

OU has the resume of teams on their schedule, but they don't have the wins -- the losses to OSU and Houston killed OU's shot. Their best win is against WVU, who has zero wins in the CFP top 25.

But they would be undefeated in conference, on a 9 game winning streak, and a conference champion. All the things the commitee looks for.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they would be undefeated in conference, on a 9 game winning streak, and a conference champion. All the things the commitee looks for.

Undefeated in conference is great, but the Big 12 is a disaster. The top team outside of OU is Okie State who 'Lost' to Central Michigan.

And what I don't think OU fans realize -- OSU can finish 11-1 and NOT play in the B1G CCG. If PSU wins next week, they will go to the CCG, not OSU, which means:

OSU would finish 11-1 and most definitely get in ahead of OU

Wisconsin and Penn State would play in the CCG for the B1G -- so either PSU, who beat OSU or Wisconsin, who went to OT with OSU (and had one of the toughest schedules in the country) would finish 11-2.

OU isn't getting in ahead of any of those teams.

As I said to another OU fan -- you guys need a defense, UM needs an offense. We could join forces and have a shot in the CFP.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For OU to make it

1.) OU wins out
2.) Michigan beats OSU
3.) Minnesota beats Wisconsin
4.) Minnesota beats Michigan in championship game
5.) Washington loses to WA St.
6.) Colorado loses to Utah

I think they should get in if all this happens

Under this scenario, Nebraska makes the B1G CG.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the time is right to talk an 8 team playoff? :noidea:
FCS has 24 teams playing in their playoff and it seems to work out good for them.
It'd be nice. How they decide it who knows? It would make sense to involve all 5 Powers and then the at-larges I guess....? Last season:

(1)Clemson (13-0) vs (8)Notre Dame (10-2)*
(4)Oklahoma (11-1) vs (5)Iowa (12-1)*

(2)Alabama (12-1) vs (7)Ohio St (11-1)*
(3)Michigan St (12-1) vs (6)Stanford (11-2)
(*)at-large

Just happened to be the top-8 in the CFP.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 locks that are in the CFP right now:

Bama, Clemson, and the B1G winner.

In order for OU to get in at #4 they would need losses from Michigan and Ohio State and probably another Washington loss. That would eliminate the possibility of the B1G getting 2 reps in and would eliminate the PAC from contention.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put them in over Washington, BUT I think Washington would be a better matchup against Bama and they would only have one loss.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put them in over Washington, BUT I think Washington would be a better matchup against Bama and they would only have one loss.

OU doesn't deserve to be in the playoff. But that being said I don't think Washington does either. So either two from the Big or just give Alabama a bye.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would rather see OU stay just outside of the playoff spots. When you consider you have only one guy on the defensive line still playing that started the year and a secondary that sucks rocks, I want no part of the playoffs for OU, this year. Beat the aggots and get a nice bowl game and win that, and I will be a happy camper about OU's season this year.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU doesn't deserve to be in the playoff. But that being said I don't think Washington does either. So either two from the Big or just give Alabama a bye.

would rather see OU stay just outside of the playoff spots. When you consider you have only one guy on the defensive line still playing that started the year and a secondary that sucks rocks, I want no part of the playoffs for OU, this year. Beat the aggots and get a nice bowl game and win that, and I will be a happy camper about OU's season this year.

No way...you guys TOTALLY deserve to be in the playoffs

Jchurch06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So OU can get spanked as the #4 seed again?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather we didn't. We'd get destroyed.
tumblr_inline_mjz3n06koR1qz4rgp.gif

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not schedule easy ooc games? Boone St lost to C. Michigan and it's not being held against them. There is no reason to schedule hard unless you just want to give the fan base good teams coming in to watch.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one quality win over a top 25 team and one bad loss vs a team outside the top 25 and were destroyed by a top 5 team. OU makes it if they win the last game but like 4 other teams ahead of them have to be beaten.