• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NO TO KANE!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what Evander Kane has to do with this, but props to you for calling it on Cam Talbot. You took an extreme position and turned out to be vindicated. So props from the Doobster :suds:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what Evander Kane has to do with this, but props to you for calling it on Cam Talbot. You took an extreme position and turned out to be vindicated. So props from the Doobster :suds:

In relation to all that hypothetical talk of Kreider being packaged by the Rangers for Kane

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealth, I made a thread entitled "My kingdom for a horse" regarding the Rangers' goalie situation. Hope you read it. I'm slowly coming to your side.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes to Kreider.:clap:

Talbot must become the starter!:nod:

You had your chances HanK!:yahoo:

Like when he lead us to the Eastern Conference Finals

Or

Like when he won the Vezina

Or

Like when he was nominated for the Vezina his first three years in the league

Your right he had his chances and proved he should be a starting goaltender.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the goalie with the longest streak of 30+ consecutive wins in leagues history...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like when he lead us to the Eastern Conference Finals

Or

Like when he won the Vezina

Or

Like when he was nominated for the Vezina his first three years in the league

Your right he had his chances and proved he should be a starting goaltender.

True, but couldn't some of those arguments have been used to state the case for the Rangers keeping John Vanbiesbrouck instead of giving Mike Richter a chance?

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the goalie with the longest streak of 30+ consecutive wins in leagues history...

or like no stanley cup final and only 1 conference final appearance, thats not saying much for a King when the objective is to get to the conference finals first then the stanley cup finals. His reign is almost over.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but couldn't some of those arguments have been used to state the case for the Rangers keeping John Vanbiesbrouck instead of giving Mike Richter a chance?

You really cant compare the two. Vanbiesbrouck was good I wouldnt call him great. The first time he had a GAA below 3.00 was 1992. Lundqvist has done that every year in the league. and he lost the job to a first round draft pick that just a few years later lead us to a Stanley Cup.

Your talking about replacing a guy who has been in the Vezina discussion every year with a guy who is Undrafted just because of 2 weeks worth of games.

I see this problem a lot with teams that pull a great player out of their ass. The clear example is Patriot fans who think that any QB will do just as good as Brady. Just because you get one great player from out of no where doesnt mean its going to continue to happen.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or like no stanley cup final and only 1 conference final appearance, thats not saying much for a King when the objective is to get to the conference finals first then the stanley cup finals. His reign is almost over.

Also playing with one of the lowest scoring offenses his entire career.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really cant compare the two. Vanbiesbrouck was good I wouldnt call him great. The first time he had a GAA below 3.00 was 1992. Lundqvist has done that every year in the league. and he lost the job to a first round draft pick that just a few years later lead us to a Stanley Cup.

Your talking about replacing a guy who has been in the Vezina discussion every year with a guy who is Undrafted just because of 2 weeks worth of games.

I see this problem a lot with teams that pull a great player out of their ass. The clear example is Patriot fans who think that any QB will do just as good as Brady. Just because you get one great player from out of no where doesnt mean its going to continue to happen.

True, Rangers had a lot more invested into Mike Richter than they do with Cam Talbot.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank starts winning its a muted point.

You do realize that a goalie is not the sole reason for wins and loses right.
Like a starting pitcher in Baseball win loss record should be the last thing you look at.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins & losses aren't everything, but considering they both play for the same system, it's appalling that Cam's record is so good while Hank's record is so blah. Then when you look at GAA & SV%, it starts making sense. I think this goes beyond wins & losses, it's really about Cam outplaying Hank on a consistent basis, in every aspect of goaltending.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not even saying Hank is playing bad BTW. With the exception of wins & losses, his numbers are very respectable. It's just that Cam Talbot is playing at such a high level right now, I think only Ben Scrivens is playing better in the entire NHL.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that a goalie is not the sole reason for wins and loses right.
Like a starting pitcher in Baseball win loss record should be the last thing you look at.

Tell AV that and of course you know who is starting tonight......coaches must win for the sake of their job, Hank isnt winning, he is under 500

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, very interesting that Cam now gets back to back starts. Not typical of a backup.