• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No playoff according to coaches

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playoff would kill college football
The regular season IS the playoff. If you would get Boise State in the pac-10, tcu to replace baylor in the big12, notre dame in the big 10, and throw a few teams into the big east, all the major conferances would have title game, and would make playoffs even more pointless.

Also, playoffs would only piss people off even more, and cause more problems.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams could just lose 2 games and still get in, the reg. season wouldn't be as important and a playoff would destroy lower-level bowl games

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just opinions :) You start a playoff, your going to have a circus like college basketball, which originally had 8 teams, and now has 64. Since 1985(25 years)how many times has a team rated lower than a 8 made it to the final 4...twice, thats half the field that doesn't need to be there. How many seeds lower than 4 won the title...2, a 6 and an 8 seed.

My point is that is exactly what college football would do, is make a team like Alabama play 3 or 4 extra games to lose their title basically...which is crazy. The system isn't perfect, and no system would be, but besides the fact that poor teams like Spud Chunker State get left out of the mix (for good reason), people wanna throw everything out the window. Every once in a while it's going to happen, maybe even a shared title, beyond that the current system would crown the best team far more often then a playoff...which I would dub the "survivor" or "most fortunate" award. Just my opinion...

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just opinions :) You start a playoff, your going to have a circus like college basketball, which originally had 8 teams, and now has 64. Since 1985(25 years)how many times has a team rated lower than a 8 made it to the final 4...twice, thats half the field that doesn't need to be there. How many seeds lower than 4 won the title...2, a 6 and an 8 seed.

My point is that is exactly what college football would do, is make a team like Alabama play 3 or 4 extra games to lose their title basically...which is crazy. The system isn't perfect, and no system would be, but besides the fact that poor teams like Spud Chunker State get left out of the mix (for good reason), people wanna throw everything out the window. Every once in a while it's going to happen, maybe even a shared title, beyond that the current system would crown the best team far more often then a playoff...which I would dub the "survivor" or "most fortunate" award. Just my opinion...

If you are truly the best team then you would win your games. If you lose in a playoff then you are not the best team.

You can not compare the basketball tourney and a possible football playoff. There are 3 times as many basketball teams as there is football teams.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are truly the best team then you would win your games. If you lose in a playoff then you are not the best team.

You can not compare the basketball tourney and a possible football playoff. There are 3 times as many basketball teams as there is football teams.

The regular season IS THE PLAYOFF. The only thing that would better it would to be to make sure the best teams are in the best conferences, and those conferences have title games, which would probably fix teams like Boise State and TCU don't go undefeated, and with the level of competition up in all the conferences, it's less likely multiple teams go undefeated.

The playoff works in the NFL and the lower college levels because the talent level is much more even! If you go 8-8 in the NFL, you are still potentially the best team. The NFL uses the regular season to decide who is good enough for the playoffs, college you don't need too, the season helps decide who is the best, period. If you want to tell me that every year teams ranked 5-10, which are probably ranked their because they lost their conferance titles games to teams 1-4, have a legit arguement for a title shot, that is just absurd. People threw a fit when Colorado and Nebraska did it, you would potentially have it EVERY YEAR!!!

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly would not want "20?? National Champions 13-4" in memorial stadium next to our other titles...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No playoff please......for the love of all that's good in life......no playoff.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for a playoff a while back. The more I think about it... Now that we actually have a good football team I hate the Idea. If Nebraska does their job, people WANT to see Nebraska in a Championship just like Notre Dame, or Michigan. Shoot we could maybe lose two games and still get in. It's teams like BSU and Utah that are bitching and moaning. They can win all their games and still barely make it to a fiesta bowl, when Nebraska can lose to Iowa fucking State, and still be .01 seconds away from that same bowl. The playoff is a steamy pile of feces.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as college football continues to be a popularity contest and the schedules continue to be unbalanced the season will NEVER be considered a playoff.

Kisen427

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I can't say that I agree with a playoff. People say the best team... well if for instance Bama played several hard regular season games and then went straight to the playoff, it wouldn't matter who they played the chances of them loosing would be great. The playoff system will have issues with making the regular season not as important and even bring up some of the same issues as the pros with resting players. I agree that there is a popularity contest for 1st place but blame that on the polls and find a way to correct them.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year with a playoff would not be bad. either you would like the playoff and want to keep it, Or hate it and want to keep it the way it is.with the BCS.

My personal belief is I think a extra game would be nice if there happen to be two undefeated teams.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year with a playoff would not be bad. either you would like the playoff and want to keep it, Or hate it and want to keep it the way it is.with the BCS.

My personal belief is I think a extra game would be nice if there happen to be two undefeated teams.

See this is where I get caught up.. I wouldn't hate a +1 type game, but it would have to be circumstantial, like 3 undefeated teams at the end of the season or something... but I'm also not against splitting a national championship.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the old system better than anything else.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as college football continues to be a popularity contest and the schedules continue to be unbalanced the season will NEVER be considered a playoff.

Thats why the ideal situation would be to have 6 or more POWER conferences that all have title games, that rotate the worst teams with the best lower conference teams on like a 3 to 5 year basis. Baylor is last 3 years in a row, throw in TCU etc....but that would never happen.

Untill a better idea that works is thrown out there, a playoff is the worst idea for college football imaginable.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there isn't going to be a playoff then they should go back to the old school bowl system.

But a playoff would benefit college football so much more than even the old bowl system.