• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No offense to Cowboys fans BUT...

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and one more thing i noticed about the Boy's D, Lee is great and while i admit i dont know much about the rookie's they have and players they are developing they need two or so grit in your face type players on D,im talking mean guys that make them D rally when they do things,enough with the finesse BS they have enough of that on offense.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Cowboy fan friend of mine put it this way, "Jerry Jones does a great job of getting individual talent".

And I thought that was right on.

The 'Boys have a talented team pretty much every year - but they don't seem to be on the same page all the time and that causes a lot of problems. Sometimes they can't seem to get out of their own way.

There are games like the Denver game where they stood toe-to-toe with the Broncos and had a chance to win it but Tony threw the INT.

Then there are the games where they get straight up owned by the Saints, or punked by Matthew Stafford in Detroit.

It's like no matter what they do they can't fire on all cylinders at the same time so they kind of sputter along at half their potential.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are any of you disappointed with this year?? I mean the reality is that you are and have been for about the last 4 years, a .500 team. I know the media hypes you guys every year because of the talent on the team but at some point you guys have to stop buying into that right?? I mean is anyone really shocked you are 5-5 when you went 8-8 each of the last 2 years?

Ok ..so which one was it ...the wife or the girlfriend left you for a Cowboys fan?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys team as a whole has a pension for screwing up.

That is clearly a management problem, unless of course you mean "penchant".

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what the deal is with the cowboys they have a probowl QB,WR,TE, LB, DE, depending on the year a pro bowl RB there should be no reason they should be .500

They have lost two of their games to inspired QBs. The other three all on the road against good teams. The giants didnt beat one of them either and got embarrassed and likely will not beat the other two either. They are better than the other three in their division. People who say not to overlook the giants need to look at this...........
Eli didnt score a TD against the eagles.
Eli got roughed up by the raiders and vikings while the defense bailed him out. That raiders defense that got lit up by the eagles.
Eli didnt look great against the packers.
Think that defense of the giants is gonna shut down RG3, Rivers, and Stafford and Megatron like that? No, they have played the vikings, eagles, raiders, and packers with a 3rd string QB. They are NOT back.

The eagles have a chance other than them only but they will have to win in Dallas.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be coaching.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is the eagles, giants, and redskins haven't beaten good teams on the road either.
Eagles beat:
Redskins twice-Cowboys 1-0
Giants once-Cowboys 1-0
Bucs-individual game
Raiders-Cowboys play on TG and should win handily
Packers-Cowboys host week 15

Giants beat:
Vikings-Cowboys 1-0
Eagles once-Cowboys 1-0
Raiders
Packers

Redskins beat:
Raiders
Bears-Cowboys play week 14
Chargers-Cowboys lost to on the road

Eagles lost to:
Chargers-as did cowboys
Chiefs-as did cowboys but in a closer game
Broncos-as did cowboys
Cowboys
Giants

Giants lost to:
Cowboys
Broncos
Panthers-individual game
Chiefs
Eagles
Bears

Redskins lost to:
Eagles
Packers
Lions-as did cowboys
Cowboys
Broncos
Vikings
Eagles

Lets look at last year and you get this
Cowboys losses
Ravens-Redskins and eagles beat, giants lost to but on the road.
Giants once-Redskins and eagles split as well
Falcons-everyone else lost to, redskins proved toughest opponent
Redskins twice-which is what decided the division
Saints-Giants and redskins beat, eagles lost to, didnt matter where as they sucked.

And the teams they beat
Giants once-as did eagles and redskins
Bucs-everyone else beat
Panthers-but there's a owning streak here. Redskins and eagles lost to. Giants also beat them
Eagles twice-redskins also swept
Browns-everyone else beat
Bengals-everyone else lost to.
Steelers-everyone else lost to.
So here redskins won a couple games Dallas didnt, but lost one Dallas won. The difference was their games against each other. If redskins didnt catch fire and run the table, Dallas would have won division. Same with the giants, if they avoided the sweep they win that as well. Dallas's elimination game is at home and we'll see if Foles plays well on the road in that situation.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the media hypes you guys every year because of the talent on the team but at some point you guys have to stop buying into that right??

Dont hold your breath.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas wins this week, then the giants are history. raiders and packers should be wins. Only giants, bears, and redskins prove to be their challenge before the eagles and unless eagles slip up along the way they have to win one of them. Giants and bears are beatable. Bears don't have the cornerback tandem to screw with Romo now.

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAL 38 NYG 13

...from NFC Least to NFC BEAST!!!!

Go Cowboys!!!!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal mistakes can't be hung solely on Romo. The Cowboys team as a whole has a pension for screwing up. Passes are dropped , the ball fumbled, and penalties called at critical times all denote a culture of expectations of losing close games.

Romo couldn't even handle a perfect snap for a field goal to beat Seattle in a wild card game. Last season he threw the ball right to a Redskin player on what could have been the winning drive to put them in the playoffs. Let us know when Tony Romo actually wins a big game.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo couldn't even handle a perfect snap for a field goal to beat Seattle in a wild card game. Last season he threw the ball right to a Redskin player on what could have been the winning drive to put them in the playoffs. Let us know when Tony Romo actually wins a big game.

Um....can't the same be said of Phillip Rivers?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one very simple reason why the Cowboys can't go the distance, Romo is the most UNCLUTCH QB I've ever seen. This guy makes the most brutal mistakes at the worst times. It really is quite funny at times. If it's late in the 4th quarter & the game is on the line I just wait for Romo to blow it because I know it's likely to happen.

Its reaching some sort of crazy mythical level now.....

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are any of you disappointed with this year?? I mean the reality is that you are and have been for about the last 4 years, a .500 team. I know the media hypes you guys every year because of the talent on the team but at some point you guys have to stop buying into that right?? I mean is anyone really shocked you are 5-5 when you went 8-8 each of the last 2 years?
you so often start out a thread saying "no offense...but" and then go on to say something offensive....are you just a little bit of a stooge ?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy cant be an NFL fan?? So I guess you have no basis to talk about Atlanta, Dallas, KC or anyone other than Denver so get the fuck out the thread if you have nothing to offer :) Now back to the question ( since Im interested ). I see alot of Cowboy fans on here speaking as if the season is a surprise or a disappointment. Just curious as to why that is. I know I am SUPER disappointed in my teams year but my team has been really good for 5 years or so so that makes sense. The Cowboys have been average for a long time so why surprised that they are again?? Not trolling just seriously wondering.

You said it already...talent drives expectations...they do have legit NFL talent on both sides of the ball...maybe not SB aspirations, but DAL fans should have expectations to be in the playoffs every year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo is the biggest choke artist ever. Fans will still be talking about him choking after he retires. In the future posters will be talking about players that screwed up as pulling a Romo. He's the poster child for choking.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you so often start out a thread saying "no offense...but" and then go on to say something offensive....are you just a little bit of a stooge ?

Telling Cowboys fans they are a .500 team or Bronco fans their defense sucks isnt offensive man. Its true. Some people may take offense to it hence the " no offense", but its not offensive to speak honestly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo is the biggest choke artist ever. Fans will still be talking about him choking after he retires. In the future posters will be talking about players that screwed up as pulling a Romo. He's the poster child for choking.

Idk about "ever", but in this era, he's going to be at the top of the list. I'll add this tidbit...we like to bust on Romo b/c he does tend to fold when the plays mean the most...but can you think of ANY other QB sans Kurt Warner that made more of a career after going undrafted into the NFL?

My point here is Romo was never THE guy anywhere, maybe too much was put on his shoulders...has skills but just not the moxy you want to close out meaningful games.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what the deal is with the cowboys they have a probowl QB,WR,TE, LB, DE, depending on the year a pro bowl RB there should be no reason they should be .500

They also have next to no depth, a coaching staff in over it's head, and a country club/circus atmosphere down there.

Cowboys fans have to hope for a miracle run, because even when things change down there, they pretty much stay the same.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obnoxious level of Cowboy fans is sickening - always has been.

Their club will be stuck where it is as long as they have Jerruh for an owner.