• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more Feldman He's killing us!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this deserve its own thread? Because he is the WORST STARTING PITCHER in baseball and Wash keeps throwing him out there. Rangers are 1-6 in his 7 starts . His era against the 3 worst offenses in the AL (KC, Oak, Sea) is 8.27.

8.27!!!

And he's pulling 7 mil a year for that garbage. And have you noticed how badly the team performs overall when he pitches. Its like the hitters don't even care because they know they'll be down 5-6 runs by the 4th inning anyway.

His trade value is gone and if not for his salary I suppose they'd just DFA him. I can not believe that Nolan and JD are OK with him starting even with our injury problems. I never want to see him start another game. Even the mighty Padres could light him up next week. He's an automatic loss machine, a throw away game every time he starts. Unreal.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
corey-feldman-01.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't really had a choice to this point. Pretty sure that's why they went and got Oswalt.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason they are bringing up Grimm is to replace Feldman for the time being. By next week both Oswalt and Grimm are going to be in the rotation full time at least until Holland comes back. Pretty sure that Feldman is going to be DFA'd as soon as guys start getting healthy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still want him on the cardinals ginger?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still want him on the cardinals ginger?

I've already purposely ignored that post from Stinky. But the answer is a resounding NO but not because I don't think Feldman woudn't turn it around in the NL, I do believe he is a NL pitcher, but because the STL rotation is unbelievable. I've been pimping Lynn for 2 years now and even I am astounded, truly astounded, by how good he has been. Get this, the Cardinals have 6 legitimate big league starters now and the WORST one is Adam Wainwright. Truly amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already purposely ignored that post from Stinky. But the answer is a resounding NO but not because I don't think Feldman woudn't turn it around in the NL, I do believe he is a NL pitcher, but because the STL rotation is unbelievable. I've been pimping Lynn for 2 years now and even I am astounded, truly astounded, by how good he has been. Get this, the Cardinals have 6 legitimate big league starters now and the WORST one is Adam Wainwright. Truly amazing.

Saying Adam Wainwright is the Cardinals worst starter is absolutely laughable. Yes, he has the highest ERA of the group for this season as of today, only slightly worse than Westbrook's and Garcia's. But he had a handful of very rough starts to start the season coming off of major surgery. Since then his ERA has been on the decline. He has much better strikeout totals than either Westbrook or Garcia and dominates hitters much more than either of those two. Plus he still has elite talent whereas the other two haven't even sniffed his level of success. Not one GM in baseball would rather have Garcia or Westbrook over Wainwright. Not one. Plus I don't know how you can consider Kelly a better starter than Wainwright. I'll give you Lance Lynn and for this season so far Kyle Lohse, but Wainwright is nowhere near the team's worst starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason they are bringing up Grimm is to replace Feldman for the time being. By next week both Oswalt and Grimm are going to be in the rotation full time at least until Holland comes back. Pretty sure that Feldman is going to be DFA'd as soon as guys start getting healthy.

Grimm is replacing Ogando. Feldman will most likely remain in the rotation until Oswalt is ready unfortunately.

In order of appearance starting with tonight: Darvish-Grimm-Lewis-Harrison-Feldman

If you're saying Grimm is taking Feldman's spot as of right now, then who is the 5th starter? They're not going with a 4-man rotation and they're not starting Ross. Oswalt is still a full week away. Feldman unfortunately has to stay for one more start.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think Feldman is tied for the highest paid pitcher on the Rangers this season (with Nathan I believe).

I'm trying to go see the Rangers at Padres next week. My options are Tues (Feldman) or Wed (Darvish). Tough call.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Darvish throws strikes he'll deal at petco. I'm not sure I have much faith in our offense there though since its largely built around the home run ball.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Adam Wainwright is the Cardinals worst starter is absolutely laughable. Yes, he has the highest ERA of the group for this season as of today, only slightly worse than Westbrook's and Garcia's. But he had a handful of very rough starts to start the season coming off of major surgery. Since then his ERA has been on the decline. He has much better strikeout totals than either Westbrook or Garcia and dominates hitters much more than either of those two. Plus he still has elite talent whereas the other two haven't even sniffed his level of success. Not one GM in baseball would rather have Garcia or Westbrook over Wainwright. Not one. Plus I don't know how you can consider Kelly a better starter than Wainwright. I'll give you Lance Lynn and for this season so far Kyle Lohse, but Wainwright is nowhere near the team's worst starter.

I can't even believe that you took the time to write that garbage. Sigh.

I've been a Cardinal fan since I was in single digits. I know that Wainwright is the #1 most talented starter on the Cardinals if he was healthy. Guess what? He isn't going to be fully recovered and pitching like he is capable for months maybe even into next season.

The hyperbole was about how great the Cardinals staff is and I think they are pretty darned good. No way was Westbrook or Lohse going to keep it up but they've been fantastic this year. Plus they still have Shelby sitting in the wings. Sorry it if offends you but Feldman, who I think is a fine pitcher just pitching badly, wouldn't have any spot on that rotation. Since you didn't know it, the guys were giving me a hard time because I kept saying that I wanted the Cardinals to trade for Feldman because I really did think he was better than Westbrook and Lohse.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimm is replacing Ogando. Feldman will most likely remain in the rotation until Oswalt is ready unfortunately.

In order of appearance starting with tonight: Darvish-Grimm-Lewis-Harrison-Feldman

If you're saying Grimm is taking Feldman's spot as of right now, then who is the 5th starter? They're not going with a 4-man rotation and they're not starting Ross. Oswalt is still a full week away. Feldman unfortunately has to stay for one more start.

Are you sure Oswalt is a week away? Isn't he already up to 100 pitches in the minors. Answer this for me. Who would you rather have starting? Feldman, and Grimm or Oswalt and Grimm. My money is on the latter happening. Feldman has run out of chances in my opinion. I can't see the Rangers giving him another start and quite frankly once people start getting healthy I don't see him on the team. We'll see but the guy has just not produced. How many times do you have to listen to the same broken record to know what is going to happen?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oswalt is scheduled for another start this weekend I believe. Pretty sure he'll be called up and Feldman will only be around until our pitchers get healthy.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even believe that you took the time to write that garbage. Sigh.

I've been a Cardinal fan since I was in single digits. I know that Wainwright is the #1 most talented starter on the Cardinals if he was healthy. Guess what? He isn't going to be fully recovered and pitching like he is capable for months maybe even into next season.

The hyperbole was about how great the Cardinals staff is and I think they are pretty darned good. No way was Westbrook or Lohse going to keep it up but they've been fantastic this year. Plus they still have Shelby sitting in the wings. Sorry it if offends you but Feldman, who I think is a fine pitcher just pitching badly, wouldn't have any spot on that rotation. Since you didn't know it, the guys were giving me a hard time because I kept saying that I wanted the Cardinals to trade for Feldman because I really did think he was better than Westbrook and Lohse.

The only "garbage" was your ridiculous statement that Wainwright is the Cardinals worst pitcher. I don't care how long you have been watching Cardinals baseball. Saying Adam Wainwright is their WORST starter is just flat-out wrong. Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. There is not one single baseball executive, manager, scout, reporter, analyst, player, or fan who would agree with that statement. I am well aware Wainwright is injured and probably won't be fully recovered until next season. Even in his current condition he is a better pitcher than Jake Westbrook.

Furthermore, I never said a thing about Feldman being a good pitcher, nor did I say he would be good enough to pitch for the Cardinals. I'm not sure where in the world you got that from. Feldman is mediocre AT BEST. The Cardinals do have a good staff. Feldman is not that good.

Everyone has the right to his or her own opinion, but when you post ridiculous statements and try to pass them off as fact, people will call you on them.

Roy Halladay is by far the Phillies worst pitcher. He's injured and some people I know said so.

If I started a thread with that, you honestly think at least one person here wouldn't jump all over that?