• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more excuses.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, with all the events that have occurred over the last few weeks, the Lions are set up were they can make some dramatic improvements to the team and take the next step to becoming a winner. They have failed at certain aspects but here's a chance to redeem themselves. Can and will they put together a nice group of coaches here? These guys must be able to bring innovative schemes and understand exactly what the team needs as most of us fans do.

None of these coaches can be conservative assholes that dial it back for no reason at all. Offensively, continue to pass and be agressive. Defensively, whether 3-4 or 4-3, bring the pain because the d-line is set and there is ways to protect the secondary through play calling and scheme. Mayhew, Xanders, please continue with what you did last season. Since this team is said to be the best job opening, theres no excuses to not land good coaches,

There will be a little money available after they move things around, so theres no excuses not to grab at least a couple decent guys or one really good one. I'd expect a move for a C, Wr, or Cb since they are the 3 areas of greatest need. No excuses.

At #10 the Lions will have an oppurtunity to grab a Wr or Cb no matter how you slice it, so theres no excuses why the team should go into the next season without them. By the time the draft approaches, there may be at least 3 Wrs worthy of top 15 consideration and all of them could push the Lions defense over the top. These guys are Watkins, Evans and Benjamin. The Lions might even have the first crack at the best Cb available from Gilbert, Olomu and Dennard. To add, the Lions might even be looking at a sitution that they can trade down a few slots and still land one of these guys.

Honestly, it probabaly was best for this team to lose because now they are forced to make some critical moves to get this team to the next level. Thst said, I will be very critical of how this team handles this situation. Will they finally do what it takes? The situation has set itself up nicely if you ask me.

No excuses.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be out of line for me to say I want the Lions to trade up and draft J. Clowney?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldnt, but I dont want that dude. We can hwve the best dline in football and still wont win anything if we dont get whsy ee need at Wr and Cb. Im a bit skeptical on Clowney.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Khali Mack over anyone in the top 10. If the Rams are dumb enough to pass on another QB they'll probably take Sammy Watkins at 2. They can't afford to trade down and lose him like they did with Blackmon. I guess they could take Jake Matthews but I think the OT in top 3 fad is over after all three from last year gave meh to bust-like performances this year.

Would love Dennard at CB if Mack wasn't available, just not sure if he is a top 10 pick or not yet.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The window will start to close in a few years as Megatron is starting to show some age. This needs to be the big move otherwise we will be looking at the potential for another long span of bad teams.

We have 4 or 5 years to get it done.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more excuses!

I don't think any position can have as much of an effecton the team as CB and dB WR right now. Lions MUST force teams to respect the other side of the field or be able to defend at least one side of it.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more excuses!

I don't think any position can have as much of an effecton the team as CB and dB WR right now. Lions MUST force teams to respect the other side of the field or be able to defend at least one side of it.

I think a safety could help a lot. If we get the chance I'd replace Delmas.

No excuses!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses Valion.

I think they will restructure Demas contract, but if not, I wouldn't mind Dix if he grades out that high.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses Valion.

I think they will restructure Demas contract, but if not, I wouldn't mind Dix if he grades out that high.

I'm concerned more for Delmas' play versus his salary. For every play he makes, he has two mistakes.
Missed tackles and bad angles.

No f'n excuses.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of money to be saved on Delmas. He may not be here next year.