• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No excuses on the Interception

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding is how Josh McCown played against the Cowboys. Outstanding is how Matt Cassell played against the Eagles. Outstanding is how Matt Flynn played in the 2nd half against the Cowboys. Outstanding is how Foles has played all year. Average is how Orton played against the Eagles. With the game in striking distance, the Cowboys defense stopped the Eagles in six of seven possessions and they never took the lead once. The defense even gave him a short field and the best they could do was kick a FG. Both of his interceptions were horrible throws and he missed Witten on the 2 point conversion. 22 points against a mediocre defense while making bad decisions and reads does not qualify as playing outstanding to me when I've seen other back-up quarterbacks play much better.

It's a sad day when fans of such a storied franchise who have seen such all-time clutch and hall of fame caliber quarterback play, are reduced to calling a game like yesterday's by Orton outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding was probably a little strong. I will say very well then. He played outstanding compared to what I thought he would play.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding is how Josh McCown played against the Cowboys. Outstanding is how Matt Cassell played against the Eagles. Outstanding is how Matt Flynn played in the 2nd half against the Cowboys. Outstanding is how Foles has played all year. Average is how Orton played against the Eagles. With the game in striking distance, the Cowboys defense stopped the Eagles in six of seven possessions and they never took the lead once. The defense even gave him a short field and the best they could do was kick a FG. Both of his interceptions were horrible throws and he missed Witten on the 2 point conversion. 22 points against a mediocre defense while making bad decisions and reads does not qualify as playing outstanding to me when I've seen other back-up quarterbacks play much better.

It's a sad day when fans of such a storied franchise who have seen such all-time clutch and hall of fame caliber quarterback play, are reduced to calling a game like yesterday's by Orton outstanding.

And the pass to Witten- horrible???? I think you just trumped my outstanding comment.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding was probably a little strong. I will say very well then. He played outstanding compared to what I thought he would play.

It was average. I expected more from a capable back up quarterback against a mediocre defense especially when you consider how good the protection was for the most part.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the pass to Witten- horrible???? I think you just trumped my outstanding comment.

That was a bad pass. You should only expect a WR to go across his body to make a catch like that. Yeah, the ball hit Witten in his hands, but he is a 270 lb TE, not some young and nimble WR. Put the ball on the numbers.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, Orton's performance was respectable, but I can't say it was a good performance or outstanding, even considering the situation. The entire performance as a team was respectable when they could have hung it up after Romo went down. Kudos to Garrett and the coaching staff for having this team prepared, and kudos to the players for playing hard. But in the end, they came up short, which has been the same old story in Valley Ranch for almost two decades running.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: The worse part about the loss to me was I actually thought he would excel at the deep ball and he went 1 of 4. He gets a pass cause he hasn't started in 2 yrs, but I saw nothing outstanding about his play Sunday night. It almost seems the Eagles played a more conservative game cause the knew Orton couldn't beat them.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post, and this is exactly how I see it. He played well, but not outstanding. He missed most of his deep throws, threw two bad picks, and hit the check down receiver way to early often. I don't think he was the only reason for the loss, but he was at fault no doubt. People always seem to get caught up in stats like yards passed, all those yards mean squat if you can't finish drives with TDs. Like I said he played well, just not well enough.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton did play pretty well. The failed 4th down play was the equivalent to a pick IMO. That was really a horrible play call. That one was on garrett. I also would have thought they would have thrown more balls to guys like hannah,beasly and williams. Forcing it to bryant killed several drives.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forcing the ball to Dez is exactly what killed several drives.