• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No excuses on the Interception

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain that if Romo threw that pass and not Orton we would have heard that Miles didn't break the pattern off quick enough or that a lineman was in his face, or that Miles should have adjusted and caught the ball or something else. It was kind of refreshing to read about a guy being accountable for his actions and no one else feeling the need to make excuses for him either.

“I just threw a bad pass. Miles ran a great route and the same play we scored on the play before,” Orton said. “Went to Miles this time and just threw it behind him and he [the Eagles DB] made a nice catch on the ball.”

Notes: Orton Owns Up To Missed Pass; Frustration & More

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he didn't lie, it was a horrible pass, but what do you expect from a career .500 QB who had to throw 46 times with about 5 days of practice with the first team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand some of the flack he is taking for other bad throws he made in the game. For the most part, everyone said he did a pretty good job. I thought he was outstanding. Ive heard about him missing Dez deep 2 times, of course he was late to Witten a couple of times., and then the two point conversion. I mean Peyton Manning makes a bad throw ever now and then as well. I loved the way he got rid of the ball so quick. He didnt take any sacks and I think we had one penalty- which wasnt the teams fault. I thought he played better than I would have ever expected.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand some of the flack he is taking for other bad throws he made in the game. For the most part, everyone said he did a pretty good job. I thought he was outstanding. Ive heard about him missing Dez deep 2 times, of course he was late to Witten a couple of times., and then the two point conversion. I mean Peyton Manning makes a bad throw ever now and then as well. I loved the way he got rid of the ball so quick. He didnt take any sacks and I think we had one penalty- which wasnt the teams fault. I thought he played better than I would have ever expected.

He played well, just not well enough. Story of Romo's career as well.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Romo have played any better in the first preseason game throwing to WR's he's not used to working with? No. Romo is and should be the starter, but considering Orton has 0 reps all season with the first team, he played outstanding. It certainly isn't on him that we lost

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Romo have played any better in the first preseason game throwing to WR's he's not used to working with? No. Romo is and should be the starter, but considering Orton has 0 reps all season with the first team, he played outstanding. It certainly isn't on him that we lost

Yes it is on him, he's part of the team. His mistakes were no less than anyone else's.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is on him, he's part of the team. His mistakes were no less than anyone else's.

Sure he made mistakes, but when your backup QB throws for over 320 yards and two TD's in a game that the Cowboys were big underdogs in, it's hardly his fault. I think if you want to blame someone personally, JG would be a great place to start. 46 passes to 17 runs? Why ask Why after 3 years

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought he played very well and justified why we pay him so much to sit on the bench. He also made a big mistake when he didn't really have to, so I don't think you can quite go to "outstanding"

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only got one shot to play where Cassell got a lot more, but IMO those 2 are better than some of the starters in the league.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he made mistakes, but when your backup QB throws for over 320 yards and two TD's in a game that the Cowboys were big underdogs in, it's hardly his fault. I think if you want to blame someone personally, JG would be a great place to start. 46 passes to 17 runs? Why ask Why after 3 years

Oh I agree JG is the main reason, but there was also two picks to go with the 2 TDs. He was paid millions to step in when needed and is not free from blame. Rodgers missed how many games, then comes in and throws a 47 yard TD on 4th and 9 with the game on the line.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ball on the two point conversion was damn near perfect. Maybe he shouldn't have thrown it but it looked a lot like he was told put it to dez regardless.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree JG is the main reason, but there was also two picks to go with the 2 TDs. He was paid millions to step in when needed and is not free from blame. Rodgers missed how many games, then comes in and throws a 47 yard TD on 4th and 9 with the game on the line.

True, but that's comparing Orton to Rodgers. How did Orton stack up against the Packers backups? In fact, how did his numbers compare to Romo's last two week 17 games. Orton is just a good backup, but if he could have played that game without the two pick's, he'd deserve starter money

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball on the two point conversion was damn near perfect. Maybe he shouldn't have thrown it but it looked a lot like he was told put it to dez regardless.

Oh no doubt, I would have thrown it too Dez as well. The cameras will show Wit was open, but Romo would have gone to the same place. I remember Romo throwing one last year on a 2 point conversion vs the Ravens low , almost like that and Dez dropped it. The wierd thing is I think the same guy was covering Dez then as last night.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Witten all day on the 2 point conversion

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that's comparing Orton to Rodgers. How did Orton stack up against the Packers backups? In fact, how did his numbers compare to Romo's last two week 17 games. Orton is just a good backup, but if he could have played that game without the two pick's, he'd deserve starter money

Hard to say how Orton stacked up to the Packer backups because Orton only played one game. I will say this, Flynn saved the Packers season. Without his play against Atlanta and Dallas, the Packers don't make the playoffs. As for being a starter, Orton has had his chances.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten all day on the 2 point conversion

It looked pretty clear that it wasn't a play where he had a read. It was "get dez a catchable ball and let him make a play". Orton did his part. The throw could not have been much better.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked pretty clear that it wasn't a play where he had a read. It was "get dez a catchable ball and let him make a play". Orton did his part. The throw could not have been much better.

Agree 100%, just can't believe a play would be called there where Witten wasn't the primary. Of course, if they had to pass on the 4th and 1 FAIL, Witten would have been the man there too. I wonder what JG and Callahan are thinking sometimes

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a dumb play call, throw the ball up and let Dez jump up and get it like Romo did against GreenBay

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the coaching was bad. That's what happens when your owner is the (terrible) GM and attention whore. No respectable coach is going to be Jerry's next scapegoat.

Orton's last throw was a bad mistake, but the rest of the game he was pretty damn impressive.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the coaching was bad. That's what happens when your owner is the (terrible) GM and attention whore. No respectable coach is going to be Jerry's next scapegoat.

Orton's last throw was a bad mistake, but the rest of the game he was pretty damn impressive.

I agree, and Orton was good, but he missed most of his deep throws, he gave up to early on plays and hit the check down receiver when he still had time. Overall he wasn't bad for a guy who hadn't started in three years