• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS - LA Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic performance all the way around tonight.

Pretty much, we're already down 2-0.

Happy to be here for sure, but I'd like to see a little more fight out of the team and a little more common sense from the manager(as in Tyler Flowers is a backup catcher, use him as such. Suzuki is a better hitter and calls a better game, and the pitcher's ERA splits when being caught by Zuk and Flowers proves it).

Congrats Dodgers fans. With the Cubs gone, not sure there's a team in the NL that can stop yall.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't draw a single walk. Didn't manage a single extra base hit. No runner got beyond second base. Folty melted, which I knew was a big possibility. Pretty much other than injuries, a worst case scenario tonight.

Tonight was our shot to get a win in the series and nothing worked.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the Dodgers right where we want th....nevermind WE DONE

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happy to be here for sure, but I'd like to see a little more fight out of the team and a little more common sense from the manager(as in Tyler Flowers is a backup catcher, use him as such. Suzuki is a better hitter and calls a better game, and the pitcher's ERA splits when being caught by Zuk and Flowers proves it).

Congrats Dodgers fans. With the Cubs gone, not sure there's a team in the NL that can stop yall.
Yeah i took a hard look at the teams, there is no one in the NL who i think beats the dodgers. And as a Dodger fan, its this year or bust, we lost Kemp, Puig, and a few other guys if we dont win. Hoping its magical.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i took a hard look at the teams, there is no one in the NL who i think beats the dodgers. And as a Dodger fan, its this year or bust, we lost Kemp, Puig, and a few other guys if we dont win. Hoping its magical.

I hope Verlander and co fucks yall up again. Trashy team with a trashier fanbase. It's a shame our season has to end against this team.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the loss yesterday, Braves are 15-26 vs the 2018 playoff teams.

Last edited:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You shut your whore mouth

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the loss yesterday, Braves are 15-26 vs the 2018 playoff teams.
Not Good. But with the more experience we gain the better we will get next year and going forward. Once again this is a year early, we have a lot of money to spend in FA, and we have 10 top 100 prospects. I like where we are right now as a franchise.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is why I dont like Snit, Camargo was killing it at #5 and Inciarte was doing well at #2 and out of nowhere he changes it. At least tonight we have Suzuki at #5 instead of an automatic out.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one thing about tonight, Anibal might get hit, the Dodgers have a loaded lineup, and Anibal isn't exactly blowing people away, but I doubt he completely melts down like Folty did last night. We had Kershaw beat with a 97 year old Freddy Garcia in 2013 before Fredi Gonzalez decided the season being on the line wasn't a good time to use Craig Kimbrel.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is why I dont like Snit, Camargo was killing it at #5 and Inciarte was doing well at #2 and out of nowhere he changes it. At least tonight we have Suzuki at #5 instead of an automatic out.

This is the playoffs. and there's plenty of off days. Might only have 2 games left, but Suzuki needs to be the catcher in both of them. Flowers isn't a terrible bench option since we're carrying a third catcher, but he's a terrible option at starting catcher.

I'd almost be willing to let Freddie play third base, put Duda in at first, let Johan play short and move Charlie over to second. Ozzie is gonna be useless at the plate until he makes the adjustments. After he went around the league once and everyone had a book on him, he's been pretty bad. His younger best friend in left field got better as the season went on.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves cannot keep up with the Dodgers; Dodgers sweep.

We might steal one at home on Sunday, but I doubt it. Best case scenario is losing in 4, though a sweep is far more likely.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the playoffs. and there's plenty of off days. Might only have 2 games left, but Suzuki needs to be the catcher in both of them. Flowers isn't a terrible bench option since we're carrying a third catcher, but he's a terrible option at starting catcher.

I'd almost be willing to let Freddie play third base, put Duda in at first, let Johan play short and move Charlie over to second. Ozzie is gonna be useless at the plate until he makes the adjustments. After he went around the league once and everyone had a book on him, he's been pretty bad. His younger best friend in left field got better as the season went on.
Ozzie is hitting like .340 right handed and got a hit last night. Wont happen but im ditching the LH side and becoming predominantly RH next year if Im him. I think its stupid that we tried to make someone a switch hitter after we signed him.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie is hitting like .340 right handed and got a hit last night. Wont happen but im ditching the LH side and becoming predominantly RH next year if Im him. I think its stupid that we tried to make someone a switch hitter after we signed him.

Chipper even said that blast year he looked lost hitting left handed, and switch hitting seems like it would be one of those things you either have or you don't by the time you're 21.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear to me that the Braves are fucked. #chopflop

Could be worse. We could have been in first place and 15 games over .500 on August 7th and finished the season with a losing record in third place.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed on my weekly poker game for the game tonight, which is a steady source of side money. It's been a fun season, I'm gonna see it through. I watched most every game these last 4 terrible years, I know I overreact when the game is on, but really I'm thrilled to be able to bitch about us being overmatched in a playoff series.

I don't expect a win tonight, but show a little more fight than you did last night.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this has to happen, tbh. his 2nd half slide at the plate was massive

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just emptied my SportsHoopla Account on the Dodgers.....LETS DO THIS!!