• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLDS Game 4 SF @ ATL thread

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was just saying "well played, congratulations".

They showed one after the game that looked like he said "thank you giants", but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm a big fan of Bobby. Good luck to him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, 1st and 2nd, and Wilson isn't throwing darts like he usually does. It wasn't looking good.

Once he got Infante, I figured we had it.

Finally can post.

He wasn't looking good because he just pitched last night. And also he's Brian Wilson.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on the Bobby Cox love...I think he's the best manager of his generation and a class act all the way in the game.

But my dad, who knows a ton about baseball, said something about Cox having some domestic violence history? Shouldn't matter but is he wrong? Wouldn't be the first time....

Here it is, from wikipedia:

In May 1995, police were called to the home of Bobby and Pamela Cox in northwest Atlanta, Georgia. Pamela Cox told the police that her husband struck her. Bobby Cox was charged under Georgia's Domestic Violence Act[11] with simple battery. He was accused of punching his wife and pulling her hair.[12] In a court settlement, Pamela Cox was instructed by the judge to attend a battered women's program and Bobby Cox was told to complete violence counseling and an alcohol evaluation.[13] The criminal charges against Bobby Cox were dismissed, and he was not punished by Major League Baseball or the Atlanta Braves for the incident.

I'm not going to condone this but it seems like a one time temper tantrum 15 years ago. I'm ok with it.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
often overlooked is how much experience Cody Ross has playing against the NL east (at least this year)

huge pickup because he's solid overall-most other pickups have their strengths with downsides..i.e. Guillen with his bum wheel

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
often overlooked is how much experience Cody Ross has playing against the NL east (at least this year)

huge pickup because he's solid overall-most other pickups have their strengths with downsides..i.e. Guillen with his bum wheel

+1

Ross is pretty good. Check his lifetime stats.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

Ross is pretty good. Check his lifetime stats.

Ross crushed the Phillies that last few years, but not so much this year. And Rowand and Burrell are facing their former teams and the Utley-Sanchez rivalry will be renued.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how he has Zito as our 4th starter and Guillen as our starting RF. Clearly an east-coast writer that goes to sleep before the west-coast games.

How about how he says that Posey is the superior defensive catcher, but Ruiz is his equal offensively, then picks the Phillies to have the edge at Catcher.

Or how he says how Howard has not hit in the post-season, so he "is due", but Huff has only hit .150 against the Phils, so he sucks.

Or how B-Wiz destroys Lidge in every conceivable category, but says that the Phils trust him, so they get the edge.

Or how Posey is key to the Giants offense, but that means nothing, but Rollins is key to the Phils offense, so he gets the nod over the offensively superior Uribe.

Every position write-up this guy does is so clearly biased. Even the comments are ripping the guy.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Heyward is sucking I'm guessing that's why he is 6th. The guy was pretty good the whole season but he is just not getting it done. He is our best option in right though. If he can get a hit today that would be big...hell even a walk

We'll give you Zito and/or Rowand for him....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves fans have been very cool.

If the Braves had Prado, do they win the series? He might have been enough to tip the balance.

It depends if we have Romo or bizarro Romo....:D

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definatly. Guillen is gone, Burrell has said that he'd accept a bench role and he can't play everyday anyway. In no way I want to see Rowand back, Schierholtz has found his role, Torres is really the only constant. Heck, we could see Huff in left, Torres is center and Belt at 1st.

I'm glad that he's producing now when it matters most.

Rowand is back no matter what...his contract is untradeable and we won't eat it.

I think we're looking at an OF roster of: Burrell, Torres, Ross, Nate, Rowand. Maybe Belt makes the squad over Nate.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm watching it now - listened on the radio up to the point where McCann got a base hit in the eighth - then caught the post game celebration - Timmy dropped another f-bomb on air - he was pretty funny with his comments. I'm not sure I could have taken the stress of a Brian Wilson save.

Speaking of f-bombs: how about Lowe after he walked Burrell? Didn't need to be a lip reader to follow that epithet.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told the wife she couldn't watch from the 7th inning on - since she stopped watching last night's game when the Giants were down to their last strike. She respects the power of jinxing. Different outcome if she's watching.

Damn right. I went to Game 1 and did NOT go to Game 2. I probably caused Romogate.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That fucker's analysis is even more biased than John Kruk's. "We know that the Philadelphia Phillies are going to score runs off of this starting pitching, I don't know how the Giants offense can respond." Yes their lineup is better, but to say that you "know" that they're going to score off of our starters just shows that you used to play for the Phillies and you want everything you say to reflect that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fucker's analysis is even more biased than John Kruk's. "We know that the Philadelphia Phillies are going to score runs off of this starting pitching, I don't know how the Giants offense can respond." Yes their lineup is better, but to say that you "know" that they're going to score off of our starters just shows that you used to play for the Phillies and you want everything you say to reflect that.

That was exactly my response when I heard him. He assumes that the Phillies pitching will be dominant (a fair assumption) but that the Giants pitching will be hittable (all evidence seems to contradict that). Further, he only "analyzes" the top three pitchers, but the Phils are going to need a fourth starter in game four, and we will have the advantage in that game as we'll be at AT&T and Bum is better than any fourth starter they have. He also doesn't "analyze" the bullpens at all -- of course we know which team would win that comparison.

If the Giants are going to win this series, here's how I see it playing out:

Game 1: Timmy @ Doc -- we lose a close one. Phils up 1-0
Game 2: Cain @ Oswalt -- we win a close one. Series tied 1-1
Game 3: Hamel @ Chez -- we win a close one. Giants up 2-1
Game 4: Blanton @ Bum -- we win an easy one. Giants up 3-1
Game 5: Doc @ Timmy -- Timmy wins rematch. THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT.

That's my call: Giants in 5. You read it here first.