• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLDS Game 4 SF @ ATL thread

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT 7:37 ET
Braves lineup
via AJCBraves twitter

1. Omar Infante 2b
2. Matt Diaz LF
3. Derek Lee 1B
4.Brian McCann C
5. Alex Gonzalez SS
6. Jason Heyward RF
7. Troy Glaus 3B
8. Rick Ankiel CF
9. Derek Lowe P

SF Lineup...? Yeah idk

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GT 7:37 ET
Braves lineup
via AJCBraves twitter

1. Omar Infante 2b
2. Matt Diaz LF
3. Derek Lee 1B
4.Brian McCann C
5. Alex Gonzalez SS
6. Jason Heyward RF
7. Troy Glaus 3B
8. Rick Ankiel CF
9. Derek Lowe P

SF Lineup...? Yeah idk

Do you think Heyward is hitting 6th to take some pressure off of him, or that his wrist is still bothering him from the other day and Cox wanted to give the extra at-bat to somebody who isn't ailing?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Heyward is hitting 6th to take some pressure off of him, or that his wrist is still bothering him from the other day and Cox wanted to give the extra at-bat to somebody who isn't ailing?

Probably both....and another lefty pitcher to boot.

Heyward not having a good first playoffs....but then again it took Bonds a while (and some roids) to get there....

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probably both....and another lefty pitcher to boot.

Heyward not having a good first playoffs....but then again it took Bonds a while (and some roids) to get there....

hahaha, nice. Part of that is probably him trying to be the whole offense, it looks like he's swinging really hard up there (then again I don't watch him often enough to know if he regularly does this.) Consequently McCann has been a beast, and I really don't want him to face anybody late in the game not named Javier Lopez or Brian Wilson.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's the Giants lineup:

CF Torres
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
SS Uribe
3B Fontenot
RF Ross
P Bumgarner

These are the guys I want starting, but it would be nice if the lineup had a little shakeup done to it to see if it gets the bats going. Maybe switch Ross and Uribe?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Giants lineup:

CF Torres
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
SS Uribe
3B Fontenot
RF Ross
P Bumgarner

These are the guys I want starting, but it would be nice if the lineup had a little shakeup done to it to see if it gets the bats going. Maybe switch Ross and Uribe?

Good call Nate. It's not like this lineup has been doing much better than the Braves lineup has. I wouldn't even mind batting Fontenot second and putting Sanchez back at 7th, Ross at 6th and Uribe at 8th. Also, hopefully the clutch hits by Sanchez and Huff yesterday in the 9th will help them relax a little bit and get them in the groove.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Heyward is sucking I'm guessing that's why he is 6th. The guy was pretty good the whole season but he is just not getting it done. He is our best option in right though. If he can get a hit today that would be big...hell even a walk

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good call Nate. It's not like this lineup has been doing much better than the Braves lineup has. I wouldn't even mind batting Fontenot second and putting Sanchez back at 7th, Ross at 6th and Uribe at 8th. Also, hopefully the clutch hits by Sanchez and Huff yesterday in the 9th will help them relax a little bit and get them in the groove.

That's a good call as well, it would probably be a good idea to have a guy who came into this series pretty hot in Ross hitting in front of Sanchez. Really I just know that Pat the Bat is a guy who walks a lot, so I don't want a GIDP machine who isn't changing his approach hitting right behind him. I like Uribe, but next to Romo and Sandoval, he's the guy that's been hurting us the most. During the regular season he was getting his share of clutch hits with runners in scoring position, but it seems like the last 6 weeks all he does up there is hack away.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Heyward is sucking I'm guessing that's why he is 6th. The guy was pretty good the whole season but he is just not getting it done. He is our best option in right though. If he can get a hit today that would be big...hell even a walk

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I'd bet that his end of the season slump coincided pretty closely with Prado being injured. It's probably not so much as a protection thing as it is an issue with Heyward thinking that due to how many injuries there are he has to do everything. If I'm right, then I can't say I blame him with how high of a pedestal the media placed him on before the season started. The expectations of him were already really high, but without 2 of your better hitters in Jones and Prado playing I can't imagine the pressure Heyward is under.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I'd bet that his end of the season slump coincided pretty closely with Prado being injured. It's probably not so much as a protection thing as it is an issue with Heyward thinking that due to how many injuries there are he has to do everything. If I'm right, then I can't say I blame him with how high of a pedestal the media placed him on before the season started. The expectations of him were already really high, but without 2 of your better hitters in Jones and Prado playing I can't imagine the pressure Heyward is under.

I also thinks that's why. I mean I'm not trying to say he is better than Posey. Both will turn out to be great players although I do think Posey is having the better year. People who have too much hype rarely live up to it. Damn I wish Chipper and Martin were playing. It sucks for you guys too because you know a bunch of Braves homers will use the injury excuse. Personally I am done with that excuse considering I am happy enough my teams in post season play.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thinks that's why. I mean I'm not trying to say he is better than Posey. Both will turn out to be great players although I do think Posey is having the better year. People who have too much hype rarely live up to it. Damn I wish Chipper and Martin were playing. It sucks for you guys too because you know a bunch of Braves homers will use the injury excuse. Personally I am done with that excuse considering I am happy enough my teams in post season play.

I think you overestimate how much we care what Braves homers will be saying about this series. Let's just say we'll be a pretty happy bunch if we advance. It will suck less to be us than to be those complaining Braves homers.

Injuries are part of the game, you guys got unlucky. Twins did too.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Quick 1-2-3 inning for Lowe.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hand it to the Braves fans. They are certainly loud.

(I'll stop complimenting them once they start doing that damn chop again)

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big strike zone it seems.

Where's gp to confirm/deny?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a weird strikezone per gamecast. Outside strikes are ok, but not inside pitches.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too many off balanced swings by the Braves in that inning.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, a quick inning for the kid.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God for Burrell and Posey. At least they make the opposing pitcher throw some pitches.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how efficient this kid is. It's one of his biggest strengths.

He sure isn't afraid to throw strikes, that's for sure. I like that about him. Even after he gives up a hard hit, he'll come right back in there and pound the strike zone.