• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLCS Prep

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some logic there but unlikely. Postgame Bochy all but said Tim is getting a start. Does that mean Zito left off roster? Might be...

If Cainer does not pitch game 4 and instead goes game 5, then that means Bum goes in game 6, which is on 6 days rest. Not a good idea...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all assumes that we are not going to simply win the first 4 games, which we OBVIOUSLY are going to do, so we are just debating for the sake of it...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting situation because Timmy's a real weapon out of the pen now with that funky delivery and the command that he suddenly has found. Perhaps hitters are just not seeing him well when he comes in relief. He can impact more games from the pen. With our pen not being as stellar as it was in 2010, we may just very well need Lincecum in the pen in the NLCS. As Cal said, you can't put Zito in the pen, and I doubt that Sabes and Noggin will remove him from the roster.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mota's gotta be off the roster, right? He has zero effectiveness. Actually, he's worse than zero. He impacts us negatively when he comes in. I'm just trying to think who would take his place.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cainer does not pitch game 4 and instead goes game 5, then that means Bum goes in game 6, which is on 6 days rest. Not a good idea...

Not sure I follow this.

My thought was:

Game 1 - Bum (6 days rest)
Game 2- Tim (or Vogey) (4 days (Tim) or 5 (Vogs))
Game 3- Cain (5 days rest)
Game 4- Vog or Tim (7 or 6)
Game 5- Bum (4 days)
Game 6- Tim or Vog (4 days)
Game 7- Cain (4 days)

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not hear any post game. KNBR on the net was doing best-of filler.

Too bad about Zeets. He deserves a roster spot. He was SERIOUSLY ump-jacked yesterday. He also had a seriously good year and belongs on the roster.

At the same time, if we are going to talk about "deserve", than Timmeh HAS to get a start...

Mota's gotta be off the roster, right? He has zero effectiveness. Actually, he's worse than zero. He impacts us negatively when he comes in. I'm just trying to think who would take his place.

Zito should take Mota's spot, if he's not starting he can be our long reliever - on the outside chane we need one...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next best is Hensley, is that really better?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO no one individual deserves anything. A team member should never be put ahead of the entire team. The only entity here that deserves anything is the team itself. They deserve to the chance to field the best possible team that will allow them to advance.

I personally would keep Timmay in the pen. If we are lucky we will have two 7 game series to play through. Not much room for error here. Lose 4 and go home. I think that our SP has been somewhat spotty lately. Seem to go about 4-5 innings and things get shakey. What worries me will be the 4-3 games (either side ahead) and the SP seems to have lost it. I think we will see this scenario much more than we want to. This I think is Timmay's strength. He has the ability to come in a shut down the opposition for 4-5 innings, thus keeping us in the game or giving us the win itself. Not sure anyone else can do that. Kontos is the only option I really see. Zeets is scary in that position. Mota is just not an option. Affledt and company aren't really 4 inning pitchers. We'd have to use the committee approach and go inning to inning.

I just feel that during the next two series the long relief role will prove to be pivitol.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO

Cards with Carpenter > Nats less Strasburg

I'd rather face the Nats.

But I'm just oh so happy either way.

GO SFG!!!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain won't pitch until game three.

Game 1: Bum
Game 2: Tron
Game 3: Horse
Game 4: Freak

As mentioned earlier, that puts Horse in line to pitch Game 7 if necessary. They will not bring Cainer back on short rest to begin a series.

Go Cards!!

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As mentioned earlier, that puts Horse in line to pitch Game 7 if necessary. They will not bring Cainer back on short rest to begin a series.

Go Cards!!

Agree with the rotation. I trust Bum, and looks like Vogey has it back.

Disagree with opponent choice for reasons in preceding post.

Go Nats!!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO

Cards with Carpenter > Nats less Strasburg

I'd rather face the Nats.

But I'm just oh so happy either way.

GO SFG!!!

This is possibly correct. They really screwed up with how they handled Strasburg. There were many other ways to do it and still have him for the playoffs. Like when it became clear they were going to make the playoffs, which they were lucky to know with almost 2 months left, skip a start or two with him, or go to a six man rotation, or something. Limit his innings when he starts. Then he's available for the postseason, even as your 3rd or 4th starter so he doesn't pitch twice in a series.

I hear there's anonymous players throwing management under the bus, they feel betrayed.

And then there's our road field advantage....

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Cards!!

This was what I posted above.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO no one individual deserves anything. A team member should never be put ahead of the entire team. The only entity here that deserves anything is the team itself. They deserve to the chance to field the best possible team that will allow them to advance.

I personally would keep Timmay in the pen. If we are lucky we will have two 7 game series to play through. Not much room for error here. Lose 4 and go home. I think that our SP has been somewhat spotty lately. Seem to go about 4-5 innings and things get shakey. What worries me will be the 4-3 games (either side ahead) and the SP seems to have lost it. I think we will see this scenario much more than we want to. This I think is Timmay's strength. He has the ability to come in a shut down the opposition for 4-5 innings, thus keeping us in the game or giving us the win itself. Not sure anyone else can do that. Kontos is the only option I really see. Zeets is scary in that position. Mota is just not an option. Affledt and company aren't really 4 inning pitchers. We'd have to use the committee approach and go inning to inning.

I just feel that during the next two series the long relief role will prove to be pivitol.

I would consider keeping the freak in the pen.
The element of surprise seems to be working in his favor.
The starting rotation will be fine, the reds matched up well and losing the first game tossed out all margins for error for the rest of the series.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck guys. Please beat the Cardinals.