• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLCS Dodgers vs Cardinals

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed at whoever posted about Kenley being similar to Broxton.

Probably because you didn't realize that Jansen looked similar to Broxton for THAT GAME, not in general.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers can win 3 in a row, Cards don't hit left handed pitching well.....

We can do it!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, things are looking grim. However, Greinke, Kershaw and Ryu are all certainly capable of shutting down the Cardinals. If the Dodgers can score, they can come back.

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Over

The Dodgers are not coming back. This isn't a Dodger team of the 70's and 80's where they could come back. This is a Dodger team with to many egotistic and injury plagued players. The pitching isn't bad but they need to complement Kershaw with another good starter. To many things to blame for this poor showing against the Cardinals but the Dodgers are on the right track, just need to stop switching the tracks to a siding as there season comes to an end!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was great for the Dodgers if you exclude his numbers in September. I think overall his record was something like 8-3 for the Dodgers? Not bad, if he can come out focused I wouldn't be surprised if he pitched like Ryu, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards blew him out either.

Yeah he really had a good stretch this season, but in my book just can't be trusted completely. They need to get back to those other three arms.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L @ Punto..

dodgerspickoff.gif

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.....

The Los Angeles Dodgers’ home uniforms are a harmonious visual symphony of vibrant royal blue and crisp, clean white, punctuated by bold red uniform numbers.
A 1989 Sports Illustrated article quoted former Dodgers pitcher Tommy John as saying “You know what makes the Dodger uniform? It’s the red uniform number on the shirt. I love that.”
Although the Dodgers have utilized their familiar blue script lettering on their jerseys since 1938, the red numbers on the front of their home jerseys were added in 1952. Why red? Why 1952?
What follows is a great story, one that involves one of the most dramatic moments in the history of the sport.
The tale is rooted in the devastating aftermath of “the Shot Heard ‘Round the World,” Bobby Thomson’s game-winning home run that propelled the rival New York Giants into the 1951 World Series. That homer—arguably the most famous in the history of baseball—punctuated a comeback for the ages as the Giants overcame a 12.5 game deficit to catch the Dodgers and eventually beat them in a three-game playoff series.
The Brooklyn Dodgers added red uniform numbers to the set of jerseys that they had made up for the 1951 World Series. Thomson’s “shot” rendered them useless until the following spring.
An April 30, 1952 article in The Sporting News explains the details:
“An Innovation of ’52—Frustrated ’51 Idea”
The brand-new uniforms that the Dodgers unveiled on opening day carried five-inch identifying numbers on the left side of the shirt, below the team name, in addition to the regulation numbers on the back. This is another idea of Walter O’Malley, president of the club, and is of particular benefit to television fans who often obtain only a front view of a player before he passes out of the camera range. The stunt is one of good will to the public and while we would like to be able to report that this is an innovation from 1952, actually the story is the result of an unhappy ending. These uniforms were made for the Dodgers to wear in the 51 series!
The ’52 Dodgers were the first MLB club to employ what became known as “TV numbers”—a break from tradition—and another innovation for an already innovative franchise. The red numbers would presumably look good on black and white TVs, a major consideration for the club as they marketed to the new national mass media of television.
This now time-honored uniform, well established for more than 60 years, was born of crushing defeat. One of the most indelible moments in the history of the sport delayed the debut of one of its most enduring visual traditions.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow looking horrible already bases loaded no outs 1st inning..wow! looks like they came prepared to lose:L

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank Goodness..Great Job Greinke getting out of that...Let's Go Now boys those bats gotta wake up :yahoo:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers in 5.

Down, why the hate for STL.

Dodgers in 5 doesn't show hate but the rest of your anti-STL
posts do.

STL can't hit w/out ACraig but they develop players through their
farm system, let guys like Pujols walk, add Beltran as a free agent
and they still win. Besides Waino, their pitchers are 25 and younger.

Unlike the Dodgers that have more than 2x the payroll. Red Sox and
Tigers spend big $$, too.

The Cardinals are a model organization and always have been and
if you want to deny that, you're delusional.

Go Cards! Go Hawks!

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are not coming back. This isn't a Dodger team of the 70's and 80's where they could come back. This is a Dodger team with to many egotistic and injury plagued players. The pitching isn't bad but they need to complement Kershaw with another good starter. To many things to blame for this poor showing against the Cardinals but the Dodgers are on the right track, just need to stop switching the tracks to a siding as there season comes to an end!

It's not over by any stretch. You have back to back Cy Young award winners making $37 million
while we're starting rookies not even making $1 million between the two.

It'll come down to a game 7.

I don't think Don is as dumb as Lasorda was back in '85, so who knows?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Agon would score :laugh3: 1-0

Dodgers have more talent and am surprised STL is up 3 games to 1.

Greinke and Kershaw are Cy Young award winners. Kelly and Wacha are rookies.
Heck, Wacha was pitching at Texas A&M last year.

If you lose the series with this talent and payroll, it's a total meltdown.

STL just doesn't match up talent wise as much as I love them. Gotta' be real....

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have more talent and am surprised STL is up 3 games to 1.

Greinke and Kershaw are Cy Young award winners. Kelly and Wacha are rookies.
Heck, Wacha was pitching at Texas A&M last year.

If you lose the series with this talent and payroll, it's a total meltdown.

STL just doesn't match up talent wise as much as I love them. Gotta' be real....

This series has been as good as advertised. You want to talk about payroll then look at the guys who are injured and what they are getting paid. This isn't the team we paid for, don't understand why people don't get that. That's not an excuse, but you definitely can't bring up payroll with that much money on the DL.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Dodgers! Force a Game 6 at least!

A-Gon went pretty deep.