• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLCS Dodgers vs Cardinals

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to hold my bias as much as possible, I really like the Dodgers here.

Wainwright pitched tonight, so he probably won't go again until game 3 in LA and then Game 7 if necessary. That's GREAT news. Also, the Cards are 19-23 this year against LHPs.

THINK BLUE

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facing Wainwright twice will be no picnic. This will be a tough Series that should go 7 games.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need to get 1 on the road again 2 would be great..Let's hope for the best i do see this series going 7 games :nod:

GO DODGERS:yahoo::yahoo:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mean that we will only see him once until game 7. I think that in that case, we stand our best chance of not having to go to game 7 and see him for the second time.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, best of luck in the upcoming NLCS.

As far as Waino goes, doesn't matter which 2 games he pitchers because you have to win 4 before we do. Last year he had to pitch game 4 for us because of the condensed schedule as a result of he WC game, that wound up costing us in the end.

My Cardinals fan take on the series, I think Shelby goes game 1, Wacha game 2, Waino, then Kelly. We need to get 2 out of Shelby/Wacha/Kelly/Shelby/Wacha. If we can get 2 out of those 5(which will be very difficult) then I'll take my chances with Waino winning twice.

Obviously I may be wrong, Kelly could go games 1/5 and Shelby go game 4. Either way it's going to be a dogfight of a series and either team could take it. Lots to like about both teams and if we are going to get beaten I would want it to be by LAD or Detroit.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers in 5.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, and to you too. :suds:

This should be a great hard-fought series between two evenly matched teams with a long and rich history. It could go either way. May the play be clean and may the better team win. Of course I hope that is the Dodgers. :yahoo:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as Waino goes, doesn't matter which 2 games he pitchers because you have to win 4 before we do. Last year he had to pitch game 4 for us because of the condensed schedule as a result of he WC game, that wound up costing us in the end.

My Cardinals fan take on the series, I think Shelby goes game 1, Wacha game 2, Waino, then Kelly. We need to get 2 out of Shelby/Wacha/Kelly/Shelby/Wacha. If we can get 2 out of those 5(which will be very difficult) then I'll take my chances with Waino winning twice.

Obviously I may be wrong, Kelly could go games 1/5 and Shelby go game 4. Either way it's going to be a dogfight of a series and either team could take it. Lots to like about both teams and if we are going to get beaten I would want it to be by LAD or Detroit.

Oh, it'll be a dog fight, I think we can all agree on that. I just think that we stand a much better chance of taking it if we don't have to see Wainwright for a second time until game 7. If LA can go with Kershaw/Geinke/Ryu/Kershaw/Greinke/Nolasco/Kershaw, then I think it will be too much for StL. I can see Kershaw pitching 3 times, and Greinke going twice. I am almost certain that Ryu won't go twice if Kershaw and Greinke do, because he has trouble with little rest, so Donnie would almost certainly go with Nolasco in Game 6. If LA can throw Kershaw and Greinke in StL without seeing Wainwright, we MIGHT just be able to steal both games in StL. I can see Wainwright taking game 3 in LA against Ryu, but then Kershaw and Gerinke might be able to go in games 4 and 5 in LA. I think that scenario would be huge for us to clinch in LA. I'm not at all saying that it's a lock, I'm just saying that it's our best shot at winning at least three of the first 5 games. Then, even though we have to go back to StL, we would hopefully still have Kershaw to go up against Wainwright for game 7.

Holy shit, I can't wait for Friday!!! And of course, best of luck, hopefully no injuries for either team. Going to be a great series!!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks brotha it's always great when we play the red birds..Card fans are very cool i will definetly be at Dodgers stadium for this series cant wait to have some cold beer with you guys :suds: good luck to you guys

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck to you guys as well! I always enjoy conversing with Cards fans as you guys are knowledgeable and know a lot about the game! I think its going to go 6 or 7 as both teams are too talented to lay down to the other team.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly/Greinke Game 1.. Gotta win that shit

Dodgers in 6

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumped up for this series though !! Should be a really good series between what I fell actually is the best 2 teams in the NL, which is rare to have happen

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is going to be sick! I cant wait :)

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% sure this series will be an EFFING WAR!! As a Dodger fan getting to watch the Cards up close, this team is battle tested and ready to go.
My question is how will the Dodgers rotation set up after Greinke in game 1 and Kershaw in game 2?
I have asked the same question to my Cards fan friends and they seem to think they will go Miller and Wacha in games 1 and 2 as they both pitch better at home and then go Waino and Lynn on the road.
As much as both teams are clicking offensively, this series is going to come down to pitching,

Dodgers in 6 because Kershaw will throw in game 6 and prevent Waino from pitching in game 7.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this series has a huge potential to get chippy. Puig and Yadi might be some of the cockiest players out there. Both teams seem really confident.

What happens when the ball is in the air is going to swing things. Base running and fielding are going to be big. We've already seen a lot of fielders blocking base paths in these playoffs so I think that trend will continue.

The Dodgers remind me a bit of those 2009 Cardinals you guys swept when we came in with double aces in Carpenter and Wainwright and everyone thought we'd be a tough out. I don't think the series will go like that, though. Cards in 7 or Dodgers in 6.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this series has a huge potential to get chippy. Puig and Yadi might be some of the cockiest players out there. Both teams seem really confident.

What happens when the ball is in the air is going to swing things. Base running and fielding are going to be big. We've already seen a lot of fielders blocking base paths in these playoffs so I think that trend will continue.

The Dodgers remind me a bit of those 2009 Cardinals you guys swept when we came in with double aces in Carpenter and Wainwright and everyone thought we'd be a tough out. I don't think the series will go like that, though. Cards in 7 or Dodgers in 6.

I think games 3 & 4 are going to be the most intresting back at Dodger Stadium, either Ryu & Nolasco will be on their game & if not they will get hammered if they leave meatballs on the strike zone to the Cards offense...I'm already nervous just thinking about it because Ryu did not pitch well at all in his last game vs the Braves he got smashed & it looked like maybe his back is still bothering & Nolasco has been awful the past month Oh God i hope they step up :hope:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it being chippy because there is too much on the line. Yadi has cooled down on the whole "I'm not your friend" mentality since 2009 and Waino has never really been in the whole unwritten rules thing. He's always been a "make you pay by watching Uncle Charley" type of guy. Our other pitchers are young and we are going to want to keep them out of such things. Not trying to sound like nothing is out fault but I feel like if things get started it'll be by Greinke.

Beat writers here have been saying Kelly, Wacha games 1 and 2. Not official but they don't usually make stuff up.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to hold my bias as much as possible, I really like the Dodgers here.

The Cards are 19-23 this year against LHPs.

THINK BLUE

If that's true then Ryu needs to step up big time!

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my AED next to me ready to go just in case....

Go Dodgers!