• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ninkovich suspended for taking banned substance

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well plus it doesn't look good when the NFLPA is trying to get players off for using PED's. I would say they need to work on a better system to help these players out so they can never use the excuse of I didn't know it was in there. Just seems to be the popular choice these days by the players. I would tell them that they must bring every supplement they want to take to the team doctor for approval otherwise they have to say that they knowingly went against the NFL's policy on using supplements by not bringing it to the doctor. Don't have them just go off a list.

I would definitely keep that out of the team doctors hands on supplements, because if you did have that issue and a supplement was tested and found to contain "X", it would fall on the leagues responsibility. Or if a player failed for something else, then their excuse is "The only things I took were approved by the team doctor"...

Let the NFLPA do something for their players and tell them what's ok to use.

I don't think many people buy the "tainted supplement" excuse anyways, and if those players fans do, then fine, it doesn't hurt the league if their fans believe their guys are innocent and keep cheering them on when they come back.

I guess that's a reason not to list the PED used. You can still be a fan of them if there's denial allowed. It shows up he popped for a hard core roid, that's tougher.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely keep that out of the team doctors hands on supplements, because if you did have that issue and a supplement was tested and found to contain "X", it would fall on the leagues responsibility. Or if a player failed for something else, then their excuse is "The only things I took were approved by the team doctor"...

Let the NFLPA do something for their players and tell them what's ok to use.

I don't think many people buy the "tainted supplement" excuse anyways, and if those players fans do, then fine, it doesn't hurt the league if their fans believe their guys are innocent and keep cheering them on when they come back.

I guess that's a reason not to list the PED used. You can still be a fan of them if there's denial allowed. It shows up he popped for a hard core roid, that's tougher.

I guess I honestly don't have as much of a problem with PED's as others. When I hear players talk about how they would bet 10-15 players on each team are taking PED's as we sit here I just can't feel like I can think I can stay ignorant to what is actually happening. I watch this game 3 nights a week so if I tried to claim I had this huge problem with PED's or got after fans of other teams for having players caught with PED's I guess I would feel pretty hypocritical.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I honestly don't have as much of a problem with PED's as others. When I hear players talk about how they would bet 10-15 players on each team are taking PED's as we sit here I just can't feel like I can think I can stay ignorant to what is actually happening. I watch this game 3 nights a week so if I tried to claim I had this huge problem with PED's or got after fans of other teams for having players caught with PED's I guess I would feel pretty hypocritical.

Lol, agree 100%. I liked baseball more WITH PED's. The early 2000's rockies with the big hitters.

My part of the PED's is if you are dumb enough to get caught and hurt your team, I have no problem with the league suspending them..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you took my comment seriously. If everyone is doing something are all the kickers in the league cheating as well?

Had to take it seriously. You did not put an "LOL" at the end.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Rockinkuwait, post: 8839176, member: 11206"
I don't think many people buy the "tainted supplement" excuse anyways......
[/QUOTE]

1) if he roided and used an excuse? - guilty lose the 4 games
2) if he did not use PEDs and bought "tainted supplements? do the 4 games because you have $millions of reasons to know what you are putting in your body.
3) they test for metabaloids, not the stuff. I get tested for my work. We are taught what not to take and warned about supplements

Funny note: my neighbor did not want me to move - gave me a bottle of "poppy seed dressing"
would have given me a positive..... Thanks, but no thanks.....

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't hurt the team, just the player who is already injured loses money. Of course, NE could skirt that like they did for Brady & cut him a restructure check with a low base salary.

Never believe the supplement excuse by NFL players. Too many resources are available for them to avoid tainted supplements.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do those taking PEDs have an advantage over those not taking PEDs? Is taking PEDs acceptable under the current NFL rules? Not sure why you would feel hypocritical for being against players using them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do those taking PEDs have an advantage over those not taking PEDs? Is taking PEDs acceptable under the current NFL rules? Not sure why you would feel hypocritical for being against players using them.

What I meant by being hypocritical is that of getting after another fan base when I know there is a good chance my team and just about every team has a few players doing this. I don't like that they are but I'm also not going to try and act innocent that my team has never or would never in the future be caught up in PED's.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant by being hypocritical is that of getting after another fan base when I know there is a good chance my team and just about every team has a few players doing this. I don't like that they are but I'm also not going to try and act innocent that my team has never or would never in the future be caught up in PED's.

I hate cheating from the Ravens just as much as cheating from other teams. I express my dislike for it whenever an instance is relevant (whether it be a Raven or not). I was very critical of Harbaugh earlier this year (with the padded practices).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate cheating from the Ravens just as much as cheating from other teams. I express my dislike for it whenever an instance is relevant (whether it be a Raven or not). I was very critical of Harbaugh earlier this year (with the padded practices).
Something we can actually agree on. I'm pissed at Nick. Especially after they have you believing in them. I thought he was a blue collar dirt dog that just worked hard. Very disappointed to say the least.

This is another rule the NFL should work on. He shouldn't be allowed to serve his suspension while on the IR. Good for the Pats but bad for business IMHO. Sure now he loses 4 game checks big deal. You punish teams by keeping players off the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying that I like it. I'm saying I know it happens in the league and that every team has at least one guy that is doing it as I type this. I would rather it be out of the league but I'm not sure there is much they can do beyond going completely nuclear such as 1st time gone for a year and 2nd time gone from the league type punishments to keep players from doing it. Unfortunately part of the problem is having that kind of standard would mean you could lose some major players and the league knows the big name players help bring in a lot of money for this league. So unfortunately it is a part of the game right now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something we can actually agree on. I'm pissed at Nick. Especially after they have you believing in them. I thought he was a blue collar dirt dog that just worked hard. Very disappointed to say the least.

This is another rule the NFL should work on. He shouldn't be allowed to serve his suspension while on the IR. Good for the Pats but bad for business IMHO. Sure now he loses 4 game checks big deal. You punish teams by keeping players off the field.

Must be a "Nick" thing. The Ravens have their own Nick (Boyle) who's now serving a 10-game suspension. I hate it because there are clean players in the league (or trying to get into the league) that have to compete against the cheaters. It's BS.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately part of the problem is having that kind of standard would mean you could lose some major players and the league knows the big name players help bring in a lot of money for this league. So unfortunately it is a part of the game right now.

This was the mentality of MLB. That's a road the NFL shouldn't want to go down. Hallowed records being broken by dirtbag cheaters. It's disgusting.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the mentality of MLB. That's a road the NFL shouldn't want to go down. Hallowed records being broken by dirtbag cheaters. It's disgusting.
I somewhat agree, but PEDs in the NFL has a much larger window.