• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Young signs with the Lakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you aren't good this season make 4 seasons in a row. That isn't an eternity but it is significant if you are/were trying to get Kobe another ring.

sorry, but i'm counting forward from THIS point. no one(including supposedly YOU) cares about the past...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and obtw, since when does anyone with a brain say a playoff team's "no good"...?

not champions is one thing, but i'm sure there's teams out there that wish they could've gone to the dance...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, but i'm counting forward from THIS point. no one(including supposedly YOU) cares about the past...:lol:

Not a matter of caring that much.
My point was about the chances of Kobe getting #6 to tie Jordan.
Something we all know is very important to him.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a matter of caring that much.
My point was about the chances of Kobe getting #6 to tie Jordan.
Something we all know is very important to him.

i'd say that depends on A) how well he bounces back from this injury, and B) who the Lakers acquire in 2014 through FA. he may get #6, he may not. guess we'll see what the Lakers F.O. will do. i wouldn't count him out just yet...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash (healthy)
Kobe (healthy)
Young (rejuvenated)
Gasol/Odom
Kaman/Gasol

Not the worst lineup in the world. I'm not predicting trophies here, but this is a roster that can compete in the playoffs. There won't be any controversies - this will be Kobe's team.

Our main issues are shortbuss and Dantoni.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and obtw, since when does anyone with a brain say a playoff team's "no good"...?

not champions is one thing, but i'm sure there's teams out there that wish they could've gone to the dance...

16 of 30 teams make the playoffs.
Your concession lacks the usual Laker fan championship or bust mentality, doesn't it?
You sound more now like Bucks fan.

Going from back to back champs 3 years ago to where you are now is where exactly ZERO Laker fans thought you would be.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd say that depends on A) how well he bounces back from this injury, and B) who the Lakers acquire in 2014 through FA. he may get #6, he may not. guess we'll see what the Lakers F.O. will do. i wouldn't count him out just yet...

UNLESS you get James, something you say you don't want, I don't see you winning any championships in the next 3 years regardless of who you do get.

You are dealing with salary cap issues as well as a mediocre FA class next if you subtract the Heat players.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash (healthy)
Kobe (healthy)
Young (rejuvenated)
Gasol/Odom
Kaman/Gasol

Not the worst lineup in the world. I'm not predicting trophies here, but this is a roster that can compete in the playoffs. There won't be any controversies - this will be Kobe's team.

Our main issues are shortbuss and Dantoni.

Best case scenario, as you are laying out would give you a decent team. I agree.

I think the healthy Nash/Kobe thing is not very realistic though.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 of 30 teams make the playoffs.
Your concession lacks the usual Laker fan championship or bust mentality, doesn't it?
You sound more now like Bucks fan.
16>3. tell me how much my "mentality sounds like a Bucks fan" now, clown...:rollseyes:

point is those teams YOU say were "no good" continued to be playoff teams. seems YOU have no clue what "no good" is...

Going from back to back champs 3 years ago to where you are now is where exactly ZERO Laker fans thought you would be.

whatever. it isn't like they won't be back again. this is why none of us worry about it like fans of teams who wish they were us would like us to. look at YOU, for example. all you do is talk about the Lakers. i KNOW you'd like your tradition to be as strong as ours, but there ain't enough room for wannabes...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLESS you get James, something you say you don't want, I don't see you winning any championships in the next 3 years regardless of who you do get.
well, let's just say i don't put a helluva lot of stock into predictions from our detractors...

and no, i STILL "don't want James". i don't just SAY it, i MEAN it. sorry YOU can't accept that, bubba...

You are dealing with salary cap issues as well as a mediocre FA class next if you subtract the Heat players.

if you say so. but you'll pardon me if i don't just take YOUR word for our demise. i'll see for myself what the Lakers will do...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheesh, "concession" indeed. never conceeded anything. you STILL have to be good to make the playoffs. sorry...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheesh, "concession" indeed. never conceeded anything. you STILL have to be good to make the playoffs. sorry...

The Bucks were good:L?
Weren't they like 6 games under .500?

You actually don't have to be that good to make the playoffs.
You do need to be good to win series in the playoffs IMO.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as always, you seem to miss the point. they didn't exactly suck either. which is the exact spin you're trying to put on this team...:doh:

not MY fault you don't seem to grasp the concept. as much as you like to disrespect the Lakers(and man, does it show), they'll be back soon enough. THEN we'll see what words you'll entertain us with...:laugh3:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:'sides, i'd say 5 rings sice the turn of the century alone is STILL more than that team you never want to talk about has gotten in the same amount of time. hell, i ain't greedy...:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't disagree with anything (other then the Rockets won't smoke you this year) that you guys wrote.

My comments/predictions were based on how I see things as of today.

What the Lakers are doing to cut payroll, sign players to 1 year deals to preserve cap space is exactly what they should do.

What I find funny, and is now showing just how hypocritical some of you are is that you ripped the Heat for doing the exact same thing heading into 2010.

That doesn't include me. I never had any problem with what Riley did or free agents choosing where they wanted to play.

Curious how good you think the Rockets can be. All last year we heard from you how Howard will never lead a team to a championship. Wondering if you still feel that way since he isn't wearing a Lakers uniform anymore.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever. it isn't like they won't be back again. this is why none of us worry about it like fans of teams who wish they were us would like us to. look at YOU, for example. all you do is talk about the Lakers. i KNOW you'd like your tradition to be as strong as ours, but there ain't enough room for wannabes...:lol:

In 3 years you have talked 90% Heat/James (estimate) and 10% Lakers.

I talk plenty of Heat.

Right now, what Heat is there to talk about?

We have the exact same roster as last year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 3 years you have talked 90% Heat/James (estimate) and 10% Lakers.
well, that's YOUR estimate. something you'll pardon me, but i won't take as Gospel...

I talk plenty of Heat.

Right now, what Heat is there to talk about?

We have the exact same roster as last year.
:lame:

LMAO!!!!!! suuuurrrreee you do...

amazing...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't include me. I never had any problem with what Riley did or free agents choosing where they wanted to play.

Curious how good you think the Rockets can be. All last year we heard from you how Howard will never lead a team to a championship. Wondering if you still feel that way since he isn't wearing a Lakers uniform anymore.

oh THIS oughta be good. i bet Howrd's chances of getting to the promised land have gone WAY up in this guy's mind now that he isn't wearing purple and gold...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly not in the east. When was the last time a sub .500 team made the playoffs in the west?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not in the east. When was the last time a sub .500 team made the playoffs in the west?

oh, you KNOW he's simply continuing his "Lakers suck" diatribe all over these boards. whatever. when the Heat disappear so will this clown...

Status
Not open for further replies.