• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Young signs with the Lakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said there was no way possible. I actually ASKED if he was offered any more because I hadn't seen it, and to be honest, if asked heading into the summer, I would have projected him to be offered around 10-12 M for 3 years.

The NOW point is, is that what agents say means nothing.
They are salesmen whose job is to usually get every nickel they can for their clients.

Fact is, they are paid a % so it benefits them to find the highest offer so they earn more.
His agent couldn't care less about giving the Lakers some sort of hometown discount.

well, since you're bringing it up from a SALES angle, what makes you think his agent didn't see that putting him in a Lakers uni MIGHT be an investment for his future? you know the Lakers are a premier franchise, correct? that being the case if he does well here do you NOT see him getting more money if he sticks? not saying this is the case, but it's CERTAINLY a possibility, now isn't it...?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't see where anyone predicted otherwise(anyone with a brain anyway). so who needed to hear it from YOU? glad we had this convo...

So, you start your post by saying I am skewering something by projecting the Lakers to not be very good, and then you end your post by agreeing with it.

Nice job. :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, since you're bringing it up from a SALES angle, what makes you think his agent didn't see that putting him in a Lakers uni MIGHT be an investment for his future? you know the Lakers are a premier franchise, correct? that being the case if he does well here do you NOT see him getting more money if he sticks? not saying this is the case, but it's CERTAINLY a possibility, now isn't it...?

What you are trying to say is that he intentionally turned down money so that he can have a good year as a Laker and then earn the money next year that he could have earned this year?

Read the article on CBS showing ITO the 10 best value FA this summer. Young is 9th on the list.

I think what you are failing to figure into the equation is the luxury tax multiplier with these players.

What teams are offering these guys might be what they earn, but it isn't what they cost the team.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why even bother with the prick....the ignore feature is a beautiful thing.

Lakersrule and Chief don't waste your typing, he's worthless and obsessed all-things Lakers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakersrule and Chief don't waste your typing, he's worthless and obsessed all-things Lakers.

Call me whatever you choose, but you can't call me wrong.

Please block me. One less fool to deal with.

CL has threatened to block me 50+ times. :lol:

He really should but he is either a glutton for punishment or too stupid to know he is being punished, or, the alien is once again logging in for him.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are trying to say is that he intentionally turned down money so that he can have a good year as a Laker and then earn the money next year that he could have earned this year?

Read the article on CBS showing ITO the 10 best value FA this summer. Young is 9th on the list.

I think what you are failing to figure into the equation is the luxury tax multiplier with these players.

What teams are offering these guys might be what they earn, but it isn't what they cost the team.

I think from a Sales angle and Investment, CL is also talking about endorsements as well. You dont get the same type of endorsement deals in every market. Just being in LA for one year he could strike commercial deals, etc.., that he wouldnt get in other markets Like LA, NY, etc..

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you start your post by saying I am skewering something by projecting the Lakers to not be very good, and then you end your post by agreeing with it.

Nice job. :lol:

you're a dope. obviously you seem to not get it(no suprise). pooint is which one of us knew this wasn't going to be a world beating roter? and who the hell needs YOU to point it out? nice job of proving you're simply TROLLING. not a shock to a single individual on these boards...:L

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me whatever you choose, but you can't call me wrong.

Please block me. One less fool to deal with.

CL has threatened to block me 50+ times. :lol:

He really should but he is either a glutton for punishment or too stupid to know he is being punished, or, the alien is once again logging in for him.

can't be helped. you're easily the biggest clown ON these threads and as transparent as it gets. making a fool of yourself has become so commonplace i simply can't pass up on the laughs. course you'd like me to put you back on ignore. because you can't handle me, little fella. i really can't blame you there...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from a Sales angle and Investment, CL is also talking about endorsements as well. You dont get the same type of endorsement deals in every market. Just being in LA for one year he could strike commercial deals, etc.., that he wouldnt get in other markets Like LA, NY, etc..

EXACTLY. glad someone got it. course the little guy's not all that bright in my experiences of smacking him, so you'll have to excuse him. he'll be ok once he gets a few meds into his system...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it isn't like we don't know that Turnip's just trolling, like always. it's the wolf in sheep's clothing act that he's trying to pull that's a crack-up about it...

"i'm just here to discuss basketball"...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young has also been a 17+ ppg player in this league!! Wes Johnson was a top 5 pick in 2010!! The Lakers are signing these guys to 1 year deals for 2 reasons:

1. To keep as much cap space as possible for the next 2 free agent classes.

2. To see if any of these guys will be good enough to earn a spot beyond next year.

If any of them do, great!! If they don't, no big deal as it didn't cost the Lakers anything to given them a shot!!
howd those 2 free agent classes go?

talking up Wes Johnson and Nick Young

LOL

you GOTTA delete this one man. You cant let that just sit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.