• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban Signs New Contract for $6.9 Million a Year

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice how that Bama fans can never discuss the issue at hand? Will Saban not get out coached by those fellows from the plains of Auburn? You'd think that with all that money, Nick could have put some speed on the field instead of all those big slow linemen. I mean, after all, he's only lost to them 6 times, more than to any other program.

Nope, instead of worrying about Auburn, a team they play every year, they deflect and try to change the subject to be about Boise, a team with a quarter the budget, and one that they will probably never play.

Can't blame them. It's embarrassing to blow that kind of loot and get bamboozled so thoroughly by a missed 57 yard field goal returned for a TD while a fleet footed AU back leaves those tubby linemen in the dust. Really, even we hayseed Boise fans know that a field goal that long is ultra low percentage.

I'll close with a sign I once saw in Shea Stadium when Daryl Strawberry dropped a routine fly ball. It said, "gee, for an extra million, will you catch it?"

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys listen to smiles...wtf did I just type?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice how that Bama fans can never discuss the issue at hand? Will Saban not get out coached by those fellows from the plains of Auburn? You'd think that with all that money, Nick could have put some speed on the field instead of all those big slow linemen. I mean, after all, he's only lost to them 6 times, more than to any other program.

Nope, instead of worrying about Auburn, a team they play every year, they deflect and try to change the subject to be about Boise, a team with a quarter the budget, and one that they will probably never play.

Can't blame them. It's embarrassing to blow that kind of loot and get bamboozled so thoroughly by a missed 57 yard field goal returned for a TD while a fleet footed AU back leaves those tubby linemen in the dust. Really, even we hayseed Boise fans know that a field goal that long is ultra low percentage.

I'll close with a sign I once saw in Shea Stadium when Daryl Strawberry dropped a routine fly ball. It said, "gee, for an extra million, will you catch it?"

So let me see if we can break this down. So, because Saban makes 7 million per year he is not allowed to ever lose again. And if he does then he has been out-coached badly by a team they should beat. And he is not allowed to make even one mistake, he has to be absolutely perfect. See, to me this shows the over the top jealousy Smiles has for Bama and its coach. He obsesses this time of year about Bama. Every year since I have been seeing his posts.

Now to me I understand(because I played football) why Saban had big linemen in the game and thats pretty much what he had and why was it? Lets all say it together "Because he wanted to block every attempt of anyone getting close to the line or the kicker because the ball had to go off the kickers foot in a low line trajectory in order to get there, too much height and it would fall short. Essentially it needed to be a line drive over the shoulder of the tallest lineman. What happened is a once in a million shot, but you knew all that didnt you Smiles? Right? Never mind, guess your not as smart as i gave you credit for.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been horrible being an Alabama fan these past years.

original

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for chuckles. Here is the long version, so you Tide fans can count how many slow linemen Saban put on the field. Note how he yanked his kicker in favor of a freshman who had tried only 2 (and missed one of those) attempts in his career? Note how that he needed a miracle to get that extra second added to the clock on a pass play that took way to long to run and didn't go far enough down field? Note how he let Auburn ice the kicker after yanking his starting one? That's just what a freshman needs, an extra two minutes to think about it. And of course, every Alabama player should have been reminded of the possible run back during that time out. Note how not a word was said, and that Saban had his biggest (and slowest) guys on the field? Watch it a couple extra times, if you like, just to see the joy in blue and the disbelief in crimson.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7s2m5Z5GA]2013 Iron Bowl ending HIGH DEFINITION Auburn beats Alabama - YouTube[/ame]

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

You do realize that Alabama has won 3 National Titles in the very very recent past, right?

All of them under the guidance of Nick Saban.

As for the Field Goal miss and return against Auburn? It was a 57 yard attempt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de4kYT8d0aY]Boise State vs. Nevada Kyle Brotzman Missed Field Goal... or did he? 11/26/10 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxzGY9Xoa0]Boise State missed field goal vs TCU - 11.12.2011 - YouTube[/ame]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kyle-Brotzman-sucks-at-life-and-clutch-kicks/114339165298086

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for chuckles. Here is the long version, so you Tide fans can count how many slow linemen Saban put on the field. Note how he yanked his kicker in favor of a freshman who had tried only 2 (and missed one of those) attempts in his career? Note how that he needed a miracle to get that extra second added to the clock on a pass play that took way to long to run and didn't go far enough down field? Note how he let Auburn ice the kicker after yanking his starting one? That's just what a freshman needs, an extra two minutes to think about it. And of course, every Alabama player should have been reminded of the possible run back during that time out. Note how not a word was said, and that Saban had his biggest (and slowest) guys on the field? Watch it a couple extra times, if you like, just to see the joy in blue and the disbelief in crimson.
2013 Iron Bowl ending HIGH DEFINITION Auburn beats Alabama - YouTube

You and Berkeley livin large on the accomplishments of others. Try doing it yourself for once, all you have to do is pick up the phone and make the call....I dare you. That blowout would be epic and we would not have to hear Boise again for a long time after they get that ass handed to them..

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue, dear ones, is not whether the players missed a field goal, but the bad coaching surrounding the actual play. Look plays aren't executed all the time, that's football. But the end of the Auburn game was all on Saban, he made a poor decision and compounded it by not having discussed the possibility of a run-back. Indeed, if you look carefully, he subbed in two additional big slow guys when Auburn burned a time out, Auburn countered by placing a player back deep, the Tide players were all standing flat footed watching the ball, until of course, #11 started to run, and by then, it was too late.

Well, since you brought it up, how about the loss to Auburn in 2011 when Saban took a 24-0 lead and brilliantly figured out the only way possible to lose? He let the only player with enough talent to beat him do just that, beat him. A good coach would recognize that talent and make adjustments. Instead, once again, Saban got out played and out coached.

Or if you like missed field goals, how about this one? I mean the dullest football game in history, 2011 LSU/Bama. I can list a dozen questionable calls in that one.

but, hey I understand, point out other people's losses rather than your own. And in Boise's case, it wasn't bad coaching, our coach did everything possible. It was bad execution. Against LSU and Auburn both those times, one can make the case that poor coaching strategy cost the Tide. I mean, really, 52 and 57 yard attempts? That's not exactly giving your team its best chance.

And besides, if we paid our coach $6.9 million a year, I even want his farts to be in perfect HD.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue, dear ones, is not whether the players missed a field goal, but the bad coaching surrounding the actual play. Look plays aren't executed all the time, that's football. But the end of the Auburn game was all on Saban, he made a poor decision and compounded it by not having discussed the possibility of a run-back. Indeed, if you look carefully, he subbed in two additional big slow guys when Auburn burned a time out, Auburn countered by placing a player back deep, the Tide players were all standing flat footed watching the ball, until of course, #11 started to run, and by then, it was too late.

Well, since you brought it up, how about the loss to Auburn in 2011 when Saban took a 24-0 lead and brilliantly figured out the only way possible to lose? He let the only player with enough talent to beat him do just that, beat him. A good coach would recognize that talent and make adjustments. Instead, once again, Saban got out played and out coached.

Or if you like missed field goals, how about this one? I mean the dullest football game in history, 2011 LSU/Bama. I can list a dozen questionable calls in that one.

but, hey I understand, point out other people's losses rather than your own. And in Boise's case, it wasn't bad coaching, our coach did everything possible. It was bad execution. Against LSU and Auburn both those times, one can make the case that poor coaching strategy cost the Tide. I mean, really, 52 and 57 yard attempts? That's not exactly giving your team its best chance.

And besides, if we paid our coach $6.9 million a year, I even want his farts to be in perfect HD.

Saban isn't perfect, nobody cares. That you think those things somehow offset the success is however damn funny.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban isn't perfect, nobody cares. That you think those things somehow offset the success is however damn funny.

Hell, Saban is a damn good coach, no one denies that. Given a month to prepare, he seldom disappoints. That's why he gets the contract. As a human being, well, "isn't perfect" is an understatement. His difficulty with telling the truth over leaving LSU and Miami? His use of the rumored Texas offer to parlay more cash? His forgiveness of top players when they misbehave while throwing the book at the less talented ones? But hey, a ton of other coaches do that. I'm just pointing out the obvious, the man is no candidate for sainthood.

Again, college football makes hypocrisy a fine art. And yes, virtually every school is willing to forgive all manner of sins if the coach just wins. Sure, all of our schools are guilty, to one degree or another.

The difference is that most everyone else is a bit embarrassed by such things, not Alabama. They are flat out proud of it.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Berkeley livin large on the accomplishments of others. Try doing it yourself for once, all you have to do is pick up the phone and make the call....I dare you. That blowout would be epic and we would not have to hear Boise again for a long time after they get that ass handed to them..

Actually, twice. I have indeed contacted my school. Have you called yours? You see, we Boise fans would love to have a chance to play the best. We simply insist on a fair contest. Home and home or neutral site. And an honest cut of the money. Hell, the better TV ratings for playing Boise instead of East Undershirt State would alone pay the difference, and then some. Need I remind you that for the third time this decade that Boise is opening up as an underdog to an SEC team in SEC country? We do it virtually every year somewhere.

You guys?

Crickets.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that and a couple of Auburn players that were suspended for the first half that came back and contributed.

Of course it wouldnt be fitting if he were human in your eyes would it? Your overreaching bullshit is laughable, much like that joke of a football team you pull for.

Bad execution, seems like the coach didnt have them properly trained to execute properly. Many would call that poor coaching too.

So really, lets see you take that bold step and quit living on the accomplishments of other teams, bring them on down to Tuscaloosa or even Atlanta or Dallas and lets see what them donkeys have for a team. No delays, lets see it in 2015 if you have the balls to try it yourself, or will you find yet another excuse such as heat, humidity, location, not being asked, panties too tight, girlfriend or wife wont let you have your balls back. Its all good, we know that Boise is just another shooting star and soon enough it will hit the atmosphere and burn out. Till then we can laugh at the one or two midlevel FBS teams you play that you pretend are really tough opponents.:L

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, twice. I have indeed contacted my school. Have you called yours? You see, we Boise fans would love to have a chance to play the best. We simply insist on a fair contest. Home and home or neutral site. And an honest cut of the money. Hell, the better TV ratings for playing Boise instead of East Undershirt State would alone pay the difference, and then some. Need I remind you that for the third time this decade that Boise is opening up as an underdog to an SEC team in SEC country? We do it virtually every year somewhere.

You guys?

Crickets.

And if you are lucky you might win the second game ever against the SEC, if you're lucky.

Bama opens against an AQ almost every year since Saban has been there, so sell it someplace else, cause you brand of shit dont fly here.

And yes I have spoken to the University on more than one occasion about the schedule. Did i talk with them about Boise, not in particular as in my opinion we dont need a Boise on our schedule, got enough cupcakes already. We need some more AQ teams and that has been my focus. afterall everyone is after Bama to get better teams on its schedule and adding Boise is just replacing a lower tier team with another lower tier team in my opinion. I even voiced my opinion on the nine game schedule and told them I thought it was a good idea and that Saban was right. Alas, my voice is but one and I pull no weight, but atleast I tried...right?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you are lucky you might win the second game ever against the SEC, if you're lucky.

Bama opens against an AQ almost every year since Saban has been there, so sell it someplace else, cause you brand of shit dont fly here.

And yes I have spoken to the University on more than one occasion about the schedule. Did i talk with them about Boise, not in particular as in my opinion we dont need a Boise on our schedule, got enough cupcakes already. We need some more AQ teams and that has been my focus. afterall everyone is after Bama to get better teams on its schedule and adding Boise is just replacing a lower tier team with another lower tier team in my opinion. I even voiced my opinion on the nine game schedule and told them I thought it was a good idea and that Saban was right. Alas, my voice is but one and I pull no weight, but atleast I tried...right?

Bingo. No sense is wasting the $ Boise will want when Bama could schedule any lower tier team for less and still get the same outcome. I would like an actual big name team that earned their way to being a big name, not one that let's people know they're there by whining louder than the rest.