• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice Job WWE

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has Hogan been forgiven yet? or is he still MIA from the whole company?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see Lesnar somehow eliminate Goldberg from the RR, whether it be by Lesnar in the RR, or interfering from the outside. That will set up their WM battle, where I expect Lesnar to come out on top and Goldberg to fully retire.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has Hogan been forgiven yet? or is he still MIA from the whole company?
Hasn't been forgiven publicly, but I feel it is coming shortly. During the 900th edition of Smackdown, a video from a memorable Smackdown aired that featured Hogan. Usually when WWE is feuding with a former employee, they do not mention them at all.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Goldberg being in the WWE HOF sad? There are a lot of far less deserving wrestlers already in. If Vince wants to put Goldberg in his HOF, I have no problem with it!

This is true.

It's got Drew Carry What's-His-Face in it.

Vince's Hall of Fame really is dismissed by 90% of wrestling fans that came along before the Attitude Era anyways.

Not to take away from what is being said, but if you think about it, WWE bought WCW. So where would you put Goldberg but in the WWE HOF. Maybe Vince should have a WCW wing for the Hall, after all this is where many of them made a name for themselves.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what Vince was going for. However, short term that's great but long term when Goldberg is retired again then what???

He'll be remembered more fondly for having an exciting final run than having a crappy final run like Bautista.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be remembered more fondly for having an exciting final run than having a crappy final run like Bautista.
Great for Goldberg but that does nothing for WWE which was my point.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for Goldberg but that does nothing for WWE which was my point.

Not sure how putting Goldberg in a longer match would help WWE longer term...

And yes, giving Goldberg an exciting final run would help WWE....more merchandise sold, DVDs, etc. Potentially over-exposing him and potentially having him in longer, duller matches (since most know he's not a great wrestler) doesn't help in anyway.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg was truly great in WCW. Those are the matches you need to pay attention to if you really want to see Goldberg used correctly. They knew he was leaving for the WWF and put him in a terribly long final match, then you watched the first meeting of Goldberg and Lesnar a decade ago when both guys were on their way out of the company. If you are just judging Goldberg on the WWF/E run he had, you missed the real good stuff.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how putting Goldberg in a longer match would help WWE longer term...

And yes, giving Goldberg an exciting final run would help WWE....more merchandise sold, DVDs, etc. Potentially over-exposing him and potentially having him in longer, duller matches (since most know he's not a great wrestler) doesn't help in anyway.
Didn't say put him in a longer match. None of that helps build new in ring talent which WWE sucks at doing. WWE desperately needs new stars to be made NOW if it's not too late already.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say put him in a longer match. None of that helps build new in ring talent which WWE sucks at doing. WWE desperately needs new stars to be made NOW if it's not too late already.

A squash match with a Goldberg win wouldn't accomplish any of that. If it were a 15 minute match where a young guy could get a rub from a longer, quality match (even if he loses) with Goldberg that would be fine, but Goldberg's likely not capable of a longer, quality match.

Brock works perfectly for this type of match as he's been built up so match that a loss like this doesn't hurt him since he'll still be seen as a beast/top guy. You put a young guy (Rusev, Reigns, Bray etc) in a squash match and it does nothing to help them.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg was truly great in WCW. Those are the matches you need to pay attention to if you really want to see Goldberg used correctly. They knew he was leaving for the WWF and put him in a terribly long final match, then you watched the first meeting of Goldberg and Lesnar a decade ago when both guys were on their way out of the company. If you are just judging Goldberg on the WWF/E run he had, you missed the real good stuff.
Huh? WCW's last show was March 2001. Goldberg didn't debut in WWE until 2 years later.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? WCW's last show was March 2001. Goldberg didn't debut in WWE until 2 years later.

Right, he was big in wcw from 1997 to 2001. Everyone was moving to WWE or like sting, holding out since they had guaranteed contracts. Goldberg and STing were the two biggest stars when Turner shut down. Thats all the man that created this myth wrestled, 4 years with WCW and 2 years with WWE and was as popular as Hogan or Rock to the pastel tight wearing fans of the WWE.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg squashed Brock Lesnar.......?

Why are these two even in a PPV event? The last time they were in the same ring they both got booed out of the arena.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, he was big in wcw from 1997 to 2001. Everyone was moving to WWE or like sting, holding out since they had guaranteed contracts. Goldberg and STing were the two biggest stars when Turner shut down. Thats all the man that created this myth wrestled, 4 years with WCW and 2 years with WWE and was as popular as Hogan or Rock to the pastel tight wearing fans of the WWE.
Ok, but you said that Goldberg's last WCW match was a painfully long match. His last match was in January 2000, 2 months before the sale of WCW. In that match, it was a tag match that had him lose because he needed shoulder surgery. As a matter of fact, Goldberg was still under control of Time Warner until May 2002.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have no issue with Goldberg winning a squash match. But Lesnar has been the most protected wrestler of this era. You only get one chance at that shocking moment. It went to Goldberg who'll be gone in a few months. I was fine with Lesnar's booking under the premise that he'd eventually pass it on to the next potential megastar. Survivor Series retroactively ruined all of his run since WM XXX for me. The sheet guys are defending it too. That's even more shocking to me.
Goldberg seems like a great guy and I'm happy he's getting this last run but Lesnar shouldn't have been the sacrifal lamb regardless of what their feud means for the WM buy rate.
It's also a bit of a self fulfilling agenda when you say theres no one on the roster worthy of the Lesnar victory when you constantly devalue them with **** like this.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with Goldberg winning a squash match. But Lesnar has been the most protected wrestler of this era. You only get one chance at that shocking moment. It went to Goldberg who'll be gone in a few months. I was fine with Lesnar's booking under the premise that he'd eventually pass it on to the next potential megastar. Survivor Series retroactively ruined all of his run since WM XXX for me. The sheet guys are defending it too. That's even more shocking to me.
Goldberg seems like a great guy and I'm happy he's getting this last run but Lesnar shouldn't have been the sacrifal lamb regardless of what their feud means for the WM buy rate.
It's also a bit of a self fulfilling agenda when you say theres no one on the roster worthy of the Lesnar victory when you constantly devalue them with **** like this.

That's where I'm saying Lesnar was the wrong guy. To me, it's taken out the greatness from the new guy they have actually beat Lesnar.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched WWE since football season started, so I have no room to talk, but Brock is my all-time favorite wrestler. Feeding him to Goldbeg seems like a desperate move. All that patience thrown away. Unless they plan to try and make some new heel star by having him take out Goldbeg. But I don't know who. Maybe Samoa Joe.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched WWE since football season started, so I have no room to talk, but Brock is my all-time favorite wrestler. Feeding him to Goldbeg seems like a desperate move. All that patience thrown away. Unless they plan to try and make some new heel star by having him take out Goldbeg. But I don't know who. Maybe Samoa Joe.

But then it seems like a horrible business decision, paying Brock that much money to not have him be the Beast. It made sense to have Lesnar break the streak and eventually pass it on to someone the company can run with.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at the end of the day, I saw a Smackdown a few weeks ago where lighting bolts came out of Randy Orton's eyes...