• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice Job WWE

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I'm saying Lesnar was the wrong guy. To me, it's taken out the greatness from the new guy they have actually beat Lesnar.

The Survior Series match likely does very little to tarnish Brock's image...Brock's still be going to be seen as a beast/top guy, so you could stil have an up and coming guy be elevated by beating Brock down the road when he's ready to hang it up.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at the end of the day, I saw a Smackdown a few weeks ago where lighting bolts came out of Randy Orton's ass...

FIFY

Maybe if he could learn to actually cut even a mediocre promo after 20 years in the business I would be impressed with him. As it is, he could bore the stupid out of Bruce Jenner.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Survior Series match likely does very little to tarnish Brock's image...Brock's still be going to be seen as a beast/top guy, so you could stil have an up and coming guy be elevated by beating Brock down the road when he's ready to hang it up.

I completely disagree that this match didn't taint Brock's kayfabe aura. When Brock beat Undertaker at WM there was shock. If someone beats Undertaker at WM now it might be a mild surprise depending on the opponent but the buzz and shock won't be there now. The same applies to Lesnar. The buzz and shock when he loses is gone now and that was something that needed to be saved for a full time wrestler for the long term strength of the company.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

Maybe if he could learn to actually cut even a mediocre promo after 20 years in the business I would be impressed with him. As it is, he could bore the stupid out of Bruce Jenner.
He used to cut decent promos back when he first started and was younger and had that cocky arrogant pesona. Since his character move since he returned from the injury and had full sleeve tats hes had that "viper" persona and he hasn't been able to cut a promo yet with that character.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used to cut decent promos back when he first started and was younger and had that cocky arrogant pesona. Since his character move since he returned from the injury and had full sleeve tats hes had that "viper" persona and he hasn't been able to cut a promo yet with that character.

Maybe I am biased but I just don't like the guy or his character. He is pretty good but not great in the ring. He very unprofessionally publically throws fits when his opponent misses a spot but doesn't acknowledge when he misses one (which has helped to bury a few guys). His mic work is as boring as shit. He has no real personality as a wrestler (sorry, but there has never been a time where I have ever bought into him as a dominant badass). ......and while the bottom rope ddt is cool, having to buy into the notion that an opponent ends up in that position every single match when they never do against anyone else is fucking stupid. It's like the guy being draped in the ropes in the exact same position for Rey everytime only way worse because people actually do get draped in the ropes, and Rey is way more entertaining anyways.

I was reading a Bill Simmons article that theorized that he is where he is because he draws in the ladies. Apparently he gets the girls, Vinnie Mac, and Pat Paterson all hot and bothered for him.

So basically he is a less talented version of Shawn Micheals. Micheals was a complete asshole outside of the ring but he was an excellent performer whereas Orton has a bunch of guys on the roster who are better in ring.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree that this match didn't taint Brock's kayfabe aura. When Brock beat Undertaker at WM there was shock. If someone beats Undertaker at WM now it might be a mild surprise depending on the opponent but the buzz and shock won't be there now. The same applies to Lesnar. The buzz and shock when he loses is gone now and that was something that needed to be saved for a full time wrestler for the long term strength of the company.

You could easily have Brock go on another tear and winning streak after this match (ie - have Heyman says Brock's more motivated than ever after this loss) and still have have that 'young guy' beat him in the future, whenever that may be.

Brock's still going to be billed/seen first and foremost as a former UFC champ who ended the streak, and I don't think this loss will do much to hurt that image.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You could easily have Brock go on another tear and winning streak after this match (ie - have Heyman says Brock's more motivated than ever after this loss) and still have have that 'young guy' beat him in the future, whenever that may be.

Brock's still going to be billed/seen first and foremost as a former UFC champ who ended the streak, and I don't think this loss will do much to hurt that image.

You can build him back up but I don't think it will ever be at the same level for Lesnar as it was before Survivor Series. That's just an opinion though. I think his legitimate background plus the last 2 and half years of invincible booking was a perfect storm. I don't think it can be recreated.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise surprise, Brock is in the RR. They'll eliminate each other to set up WM.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Creative. Brock #1, Goldberg#2.

Let them beat the hell out of each other for 90 Seconds.

Enter Curt Hawkins at number 3. And watch Curt Break into the top 5 shortest RR Proformances

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise surprise, Brock is in the RR. They'll eliminate each other to set up WM.

I thought I read that Brock was going to be on the card for the royal rumble, which is making people think that Brock is just going to go and eliminate Goldberg to set up Wrestlemania. Goldberg and Lesnar are great friends, I am pretty sure both are not looking to work with anyone else now. The title run comment for Goldberg just sets up why he stuck around. It seems the plan was for Lesnar to decimate goldberg and bill go away, but the dollar signs got in the way of Vinces vision.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that Brock was going to be on the card for the royal rumble, which is making people think that Brock is just going to go and eliminate Goldberg to set up Wrestlemania. Goldberg and Lesnar are great friends, I am pretty sure both are not looking to work with anyone else now. The title run comment for Goldberg just sets up why he stuck around. It seems the plan was for Lesnar to decimate goldberg and bill go away, but the dollar signs got in the way of Vinces vision.
Heyman did a taped interview with Cole that aired on Raw. Heyman said "So Goldberg is in the RR? Well, Brock Lesnar is in the RR."

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyman did a taped interview with Cole that aired on Raw. Heyman said "So Goldberg is in the RR? Well, Brock Lesnar is in the RR."
Heyman also said there will be 1 winner, 28 losers, and 1 victim and the victim's name is Bill Goldberg.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can build him back up but I don't think it will ever be at the same level for Lesnar as it was before Survivor Series. That's just an opinion though. I think his legitimate background plus the last 2 and half years of invincible booking was a perfect storm. I don't think it can be recreated.
You are absolutely right. You can only do that jaw dropping shocking moment ONE time. The next time it just isn't jaw dropping any more. That's really just Booking 101 IMO.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I figure is the fight was supposed to be along the lines of how Orton was finished by Lesnar and Vince was going to let Goldbergs famed past just drip away like he screwed sting.