• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nhl playoffs

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers match up better against the Habs compared to the Bruins. Bruins would beat them up too much.

Yeah but the Bruins scoring didn't scare anybody. Henrik could have stolen games against them, especially with Chara neutralized by injury.

Habs have a ton of speed and some balanced scoring. They have a goaltender that in theory can duel with Lundqvist and they have probably the best player of the series in PK Subban. I think it's a pretty solid matchup but I don't know that the Bruins were a clear cut favorite against the Rags.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think boston is the only team in the east that could've matched up against the rangers.

they play similar styles defense first and dirty gritty goals.

i think the bruins would've just pounded and pounded the rangers most games being 2-1. i dont think the rangers are that physical of a team and with no single player to target like they did with sid they would be in trouble.

rask i think is better then lundqvist too.

habs different story. they really dont have a go to scorer like the bruins they are just a smaller faster version of the bruins. pk is good and all but if the habs dont get many chances on the pp that will hold him in check. pluuuuuuuuuuus he is a hot head so the rangers i think will easily be able to goat him into some penalties. then there is price who knows what price will show up.

rangers got past their horrible powerplay 0-35. now they will have to get pass their "house of horrors" in montreal. i think they won like 2 games going back x amount of years or something.

rangers i think get a lucky break with game 1 being on a saturday afternoon and not a saturday night. talk about being a madhouse!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the main board, pretty impressive:

Here's a fancy stat.

This year's playoffs, the Canadiens have played 703:44 of hockey. Of that, they have trailed for only 61:04. 8.7% of the time. In the first round, they trailed fro only 3 minutes. 3.

Take out game 5 in Boston, and they have trailed for just 14:24. Total.

Wow. That's pretty fucking incredible.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, Price was very Henrik like. That 3rd period was similar to the Pens 3rd period for Boston. They did all they could.
Rags would whine a lot more however in a series against a more physical team like Boston.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From the main board, pretty impressive:

Here's a fancy stat.

This year's playoffs, the Canadiens have played 703:44 of hockey. Of that, they have trailed for only 61:04. 8.7% of the time. In the first round, they trailed fro only 3 minutes. 3.

Take out game 5 in Boston, and they have trailed for just 14:24. Total.

Wow. That's pretty fucking incredible.

which makes me wonder how they would play if they dont get the first goal. or if they need a goal late in the game.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rangers in 5. rangers habs rangers rangers rangers

kings in 6

rangers in 4

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rangers in 5. rangers habs rangers rangers rangers

kings in 6

rangers in 4

Rangers lookin' good but do you think that the Eastern Conference is better than the Western Conference this year? Not saying the Rangers can't win the Cup, but I think they would have a harder time with the Blackhawks/Kings than they would with the Canadiens.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as how everything Ive said in this thread regarding the Rags has been proven wrong so far Im gonna say that they are definitely good enough to win it all. They proved today they arent a tired team..yet.

They could easily take down Montreal which would give them some much needed rest before a matchup against LA or Chicago.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No the rangers aren't better then the kings or hawks. They are just getting their breaks its like they are destined.

The way its fallen for them so far it won't surprise me if they win it. Even though they aren't the best team. I think they are past that tired phase now.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw from the main board, Letang suffered a broken foot in game 6 and a broken hand in game 7.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Price out, Montreal's season is effectively over. It is a shame that it happened in game 1 of the conference finals. I was looking forward to a good series but I doubt ill watch it now.

I really hope the shitstorm out of Montreal is loud enough to force the NHL to modify their rules. I want to see goaltending interference be a reviewable call so we can avoid embarassments like the Kings-Sharks series. If the refs had power to watch the replay himself, overturn a goal, and then issue a 2 minute minor (Allow diving to be called also so we don't see goalies all of a sudden forget how to stand up) after the fact then I doubt we have Price getting run into and getting injured.

If having the 2nd largest fan base get affected during their most successful run in over 20 years along with a (hopeful) major drop in viewership on national TV doesn't push the NHL to changes then I doubt anything will.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i didn't see the game so i dont know what happened to price. with him in net though the habs were playing way way way above their heads and the bubble would've busted anyway.

all calls should be made reviewable not saying send it to toronto but the refs should be able to view the replay in the penalty box. give them 2 mins to make up their minds. i still dont understand why they can't review if a puck crosses the line before the whistle goes.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i didn't see the game so i dont know what happened to price. with him in net though the habs were playing way way way above their heads and the bubble would've busted anyway.

all calls should be made reviewable not saying send it to toronto but the refs should be able to view the replay in the penalty box. give them 2 mins to make up their minds. i still dont understand why they can't review if a puck crosses the line before the whistle goes.

The whistle isn't a bad thing. The only reason the whistle would go off is because the refs have already decided that play is dead.

My gripe is with the limited scope of review. it leads to absurd reviews. Imagine reviewing a play where a goalie got kicked in the nuts and dropped the puck in the goal. right now the outcome would be "call on ice stands, the player kicking the goalie did not touch the puck so it counts!"

MLB is having the same problems now they allowed limited review. I've seen a couple blatant runner obstruction calls stand because the review is only allowed to decide if the runner touched the bag first or not.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the problem are these judgement calls.

you take it out of the hands of the refs and put it purely in the hands of Toronto and its still a judgement call. ref might look at it and say he wasn't interfered with. Toronto someone else with a different opinion would look at it differently and call it no goal.

only problem i have is that the nhl wants to get more scoring. yet they do a lot to disallow goals. they have to change it up somehow

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All Toronto should be doing is editing the video and sending it out to the arena. The refs are there to make a judgement. That is their job. Its not the 1950s anymore. we have flat screen small video screens that can fit down at ice level. you don't need a huge CRT display.

for scoring:
Everyone just crashes the goalies now. The best way to score is to secretly interfere with the goalie so they can't make the stop. video review will stop the players from trying to get away with it. Less goalie interference and thus less goalie injuries.

Scoring increases is easy but nobody in the NHL wants to bother fixing it. Pad sizes have gotten so large that butterfly and other % based styles have no more rivals. Limit pad sizes that lowers the effectiveness of the % based styles will allow for more goalie styles to compete. removing the trapezoid will also limit the effectiveness of the super pads. guys that use smaller pads can get to the corners while the michelin men would be too clumsy to get there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree throw some tablets in the box and go from there.

Man I man how bad are the Habs! I mentioned the rangers easy road the Habs had it just as easy. I think this division format is huge advantage to a lot of teams.

Lundavist mvp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the same way the Rangers series in 2012 was our Cup..the Habs just won their cup last round by taking down Boston. Even if Price was in there tonight the Rags werent losing. And they'll probably win in 4 or 5.

Lets just keep that Cup out West!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought rangers in 5 with price I think they sweep them without him. Montreal just isn't that good. I think they were just happy like you said to beat boston and even better it got them to the conference finals. Fucking Pittsburgh

Rangers are winning the cup. Kings have played too much physical hockey and I think they beat the hawks in 7. That means 21 playoff games after making the cup finals then conference finals back to back years that's a lot of hockey. Hawks we'll it's hard to win back to back and Crawford isn't as good as queen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If St Louis and Nash play the rest of the way like they've been playing then maybe they beat LA.

I hate to keep saying Id be stunned but I would be fuckin STUNNED if the Rangers beat the Blackhawks. And if they do they deserve the Cup and I'd be the first one to tip my cap to them.