• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Draft starts Friday

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it fun not giving a shit what really happens, rather than it being one of the highlights of the summer?

Funny what two rings will do for a fan....

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it fun not giving a shit what really happens, rather than it being one of the highlights of the summer?

Funny what two rings will do for a fan....

Well, last time we won, we got Pearson at number 30 so lets keep that going ;p

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings pick 29th this year, hopefully they can find another late round gem.

Nice to see the Kings get Pearson with a late pick instead of Tambellini and Boyle.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping I can go just to hear how many other GMs congratulate the new champions...

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping I can go just to hear how many other GMs congratulate the new champions...

It's on TV on NBCSports if you can't make it to whatever Philly's arena is named. All I can come up with is "The Spectrum" but I know they built a new one.

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loco, have a blast, man! Sounds like a great time!

Yeah they are fun. I went to the one held at Staples Center back in 2010 when the Kings drafted Derek Forbort. All the talk was about "another defenseman?". Everyone wanted a scorer which of course the Kings picked up in the second round when they picked Toffoli. I didn't make the trip back down for Rounds 2-7 which I kind of regret now. That could have been as much fun as Round 1.

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work friday morning so I could go but I dunno if I can still get tickets to it.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are fun. I went to the one held at Staples Center back in 2010 when the Kings drafted Derek Forbort. All the talk was about "another defenseman?". Everyone wanted a scorer which of course the Kings picked up in the second round when they picked Toffoli. I didn't make the trip back down for Rounds 2-7 which I kind of regret now. That could have been as much fun as Round 1.

Ox

The wife and I were there both days.
We volunteered. At first we were assigned to guard/move the line along at the trophies. Phillip, one of the cup keepers, told us before the crowds came in, we could handle any of them. Only rule was no picking up any over our heads. We took a bunch of pictures but neither of us picked any up.
About an hour in they moved us to the Upper Deck booth. They had a game for kids to shot pucks and win a pack of cards. Met a lot of the draftees there. Younger brothers and sisters getting bored would come by to play and the draftees would follow and watch and talk to us. Mostly about were to grab a cheap meal after the draft. They had a lot of family. Some came and signed cards for a while as did Dustin Brown. Overall, a lot of just hanging out and talking hockey.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ox

I actually went to both days in 2010, and, Ox, you didn't miss a thing...it moved so quickly one couldn't even hear the picks being announced, or any trades. I remember the Kings trading a whole bunch of late rounders to move up for Maxim Kitsyn. But re: Forbort? Remember the buzz when they made the trade with Florida to move into #14? Everyone in the group I was in was sure they had done it for Etem, so Forbort was a real let down.

And the new dump in Philly is the Wells Fargo Center...4th name it's had since it opened in 1996. Every time the bank got absorbed by a bigger fish, they had to re-do the signs.