• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Top 100

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect a guy who plays through injury, but that changes nothing about the fact that the guy was a non factor for the last 6 games of the 9ers season. Not only did he not get a sack in that time, he also only recorded 8 tackles. I know that numbers don't always tell the story, but those are Red Bryant type numbers, not what you want out of you pass rushing LB.

This is a bit misleading I think. True Aldon didn't get any sacks during that time, but he still had an INT, FF, and FR during that time. He also got a game ball after the Atlanta game (1 tackle) because of his play against the run and QB Pressures. Sacks are flashy, but QB pressures can be just as valuable.

With that being said, I don't expect Seahawk fans to fawn over the guy. I get it, it is what it is.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can respect a guy who plays through injury, but that changes nothing about the fact that the guy was a non factor for the last 6 games of the 9ers season. Not only did he not get a sack in that time, he also only recorded 8 tackles. I know that numbers don't always tell the story, but those are Red Bryant type numbers, not what you want out of you pass rushing LB.

Well when you only have one arm that works, it is kind of hard to get pressure. Aldon didn't have 19.5 sacks because he needs Justin smith. Does it help have Justin? You bet it does. It would help anyone. But Harlason had Smith and never had 19.5 sacks. Aldon has more sacks through 2 years than any player in NFL history even though he played half the snaps as a rookie. The kid is a top 3 pass rusher in the NFL. You don't do that without talent. And you don't do it solely because of Justin Smith.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you only have one arm that works, it is kind of hard to get pressure. Aldon didn't have 19.5 sacks because he needs Justin smith. Does it help have Justin? You bet it does. It would help anyone. But Harlason had Smith and never had 19.5 sacks. Aldon has more sacks through 2 years than any player in NFL history even though he played half the snaps as a rookie. The kid is a top 3 pass rusher in the NFL. You don't do that without talent. And you don't do it solely because of Justin Smith.

I actually agree with you, we'll see how Aldon does in the up coming season.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Felt like I should post this:

Bill Barnwell breaks down the numerous flaws in the NFL 100 list - Grantland

Great article that I really agree with.

The only problem with the article is the voting takes place during the Pro Bowl so the Ravens hadn't won the SB yet.

Now their playoff run helped push their voting up because I don't think Boldin makes it on the list without his playoff performances leading up to the SB.

But the player tend to overrate Ravens players anyways. I mean in 2011 they put Reed at #5 and Ray Lewis at #4 which in Lewis' case was a complete joke.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Smith has been the topic the last few days, but how is he better than Willis? I just don't agree with that at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing 49ers fans agree with you.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea Willis over Aldon, but pass rushers are the flashy guy on defense. So they get the nod over MLBers is my guess.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else thing Manning at number 2 was crazy? I mean yes he came back from a horrific injury, and yes I'd give him top 10 because he is crazy good. But above Megatron? Above Rodgers and Brady?

Playoff wins as Broncos quarterback:
Tebow: 1
Manning :0

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know that Smith has been the topic the last few days, but how is he better than Willis? I just don't agree with that at all.

I suppose it comes down to positional value as a pass rusher is probably the second most valuable single position in the game.

ILB is probably now the least valuable position on defense now that the league has become more pass centric. Which I suppose is a testament to Willis that he was in the top 10 even at that position. The closest ILB to him was oddly enough Bowman at 37.

I was a little surprise he was rated above Miller and rated 7 but in terms of just pure pass rushing ability I think he's the most talented out of Watt and Miller. That's not to say I think he should've been rated ahead of Watt by any means because Watt is a pure beast at everything.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone else thing Manning at number 2 was crazy? I mean yes he came back from a horrific injury, and yes I'd give him top 10 because he is crazy good. But above Megatron? Above Rodgers and Brady?

Playoff wins as Broncos quarterback:
Tebow: 1
Manning :0

Thought he was overrated at 2 and I think players fell in love with his comeback story.

My list of QBs would've went

Rodgers
Manning
Brady

In fact I think my top 10 would've been:

AP
Calvin
Rodgers
Watt
Manning
Brady
Smith
Miller
Willis
Foster

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought he was overrated at 2 and I think players fell in love with his comeback story.

My list of QBs would've went

Rodgers
Manning
Brady

In fact I think my top 10 would've been:

AP
Calvin
Rodgers
Watt
Manning
Brady
Smith
Miller
Willis
Foster

My list would be:
AP
Megatron
Brady
Rodgers
Watt
Miller
Manning
Willis
Foster
Smith

I think people take Brady for granted. He played alot of the year without Gronk last year. Hernandez was hurt alot of the time. Welker is a matchup nightmare but he's a Slot guy. He had Zero outside weapons and still did his thang.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How is Matt Forte not on this list?

Especially considering Ray Rice being #13 on the list

Forte and Rice's stats are nearly identical the only significant difference Rice had 4 more TDs.

In fact how is Rice at 13 and Foster is in the top 10? I would easily take Charles and Lynch over those two and if Gore could handle a bigger workload I would take him over them as well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My list would be:
AP
Megatron
Brady
Rodgers
Watt
Miller
Manning
Willis
Foster
Smith

I think people take Brady for granted. He played alot of the year without Gronk last year. Hernandez was hurt alot of the time. Welker is a matchup nightmare but he's a Slot guy. He had Zero outside weapons and still did his thang.

I understand an argument for Brady over Manning but would you really take Brady over Rodgers at this point? I can buy the fact Brady didn't have Gronk and Hernandez last season but I still think Rodgers is a better QB right now.

I believe Brady gets a lot of goodwill for his past performances in the playoffs and SB wins but when was the last time Brady was really clutch in the playoffs?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand an argument for Brady over Manning but would you really take Brady over Rodgers at this point? I can buy the fact Brady didn't have Gronk and Hernandez last season but I still think Rodgers is a better QB right now.

I believe Brady gets a lot of goodwill for his past performances in the playoffs and SB wins but when was the last time Brady was really clutch in the playoffs?

If were projecting 3-4 years down the road no. But "last years top 100" yes.

If you gave Brady Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Finley. My lord the numbers he would of put up.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If were projecting 3-4 years down the road no. But "last years top 100" yes.

If you gave Brady Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Finley. My lord the numbers he would of put up.

His numbers would go up but I still believe Rodgers is just plain better than Brady when it comes to Quarterbacking.

But it's a case of splitting hairs and ultimately there really isn't a wrong answer to Brady or Rodgers.

I thought Manning at 2 and Foster being in the top 10 were far more egregious than Brady ahead of Rodgers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Rogers over Brady myself. If Brady was on the Packers, he would be getting sacked over and over. Packers OL has just stunk it up for the last few years. Rogers has had plenty of sacks over the years, but if he wasn't the athlete he was, it would be way worst.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers would go up but I still believe Rodgers is just plain better than Brady when it comes to Quarterbacking.

But it's a case of splitting hairs and ultimately there really isn't a wrong answer to Brady or Rodgers.

I thought Manning at 2 and Foster being in the top 10 were far more egregious than Brady ahead of Rodgers.

It is splitting hairs your right. But I want to see more from Rodgers before I crown him. Brady has more rings, and he's a helmet catch and a welker drop from having 2 additional rings.

Cannot discount his extended period of success.